View Poll Results: MOTUC Two-Bad: Purple Dripping into Blue or Color Separation?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vintage and Style Guide Purple Dripping into Blue

78 49.37%
  • Protype and Filmation Clean color Separation

80 50.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTUC Two-Bad: Purple driping to Blue or Clean Separation?

I voted clean... unless they could do a gradiation of one color into the other, literally 'blending' the two characters into the one.

Not that it matters, frakin' Two-Bad is a comin!!!!!!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Not a huge issue for me.

I did choose the clean Filmation style version. I think the MYP version was also clean as well.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    I want a little purple in the blue and a little blue in the purp. That way we'll never know who really controls the wang.
    BWAHAHA! I can honestly say that I've never thought of it like that...
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Warrior
    Clean for me...

embarrising enough, I just voted (and usually vote this way) for Goatman to stay accurate to the illustration.

But with 2 bad, I want it as is.

I know, I know I usually want vintage first, or whatever is more accurate.

But really, he's been clean split before. So it's not that big a deal.

But really I think it's because my obsession with Two Face. I credit Two Bad with starting me on the path of obsession with Two Face, but an even split just makes me happy, looks so nice.

Dripping would have been cooler i think.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I know the dripping effect is vintage, but he looks better with a clean line down the middle
    Same here. Still, either one'll be fine with me- ultimately, the sculpt is what I'm after!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I much prefer them dripping into eachother as if they really have been fused together. I'm disappointed it is such a clean line down the middle on the new toy. Kind of a boring way to do it. Having the two sides oozing onto each other seems more realistic if two beings were joined together. I's little imperfections like that which make the character seem more realistic to me rather than a painted piece of plastic.
    Last edited by Rodster6; November 8, 2013 at 06:24am.

Where were all of you people who have been voting for the drip before the figure went into production?!? We could have used your help!! As it is, the clean sep folks are still barely winning, so it seems the majority is still happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I much prefer them dripping into eachother as if they really have been fused together. I'm disappointed it is such a clean line down the middle on the new toy. Kind of a boring way to do it. Having the two sides oozing onto each other seems more realistic if two beings were joined together. I's little imperfections like that which make the character seem more realistic to me rather than a painted piece of plastic.
    Yeah I agree with this, the dripping looks much cooler, the clean line looks weirdly unnatural. At least have the colours mixing on the stomach like the vintage even if the purple doesn't make it over to the blue leg.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Yeah I agree with this, the dripping looks much cooler, the clean line looks weirdly unnatural.
    I always thought the dripping looked bad so had they done the Classics Two Bad any differently, I would have opted for a slightly uneven fading between the two. I'm very happy the sideways dripping effect has been dropped.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I would have preferred the merging version.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    How is the blue blending into the purple wrong or cheesy. This character is a melding of two separate characters, it would be pretty logical to see the colors blend in certain points. I mean, they weren't perfectly, surgically grafted together by a world class surgeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-West View Post
    This isn't vintage, it's classics. That includes fixing some things that were wrong and improving them. Back in the day the purple dripping into the blue was ok, but now it's cheesy. Keep it like it is, straight down the middle. It looks perfect. MATTEL: please don't change it.
    Won't work together?
    Don't like each other?
    *ZOT!*
    Too bad.

Sorry... couldn't help myself. The 2003 version won me over. Yes, Skeletor's no world-class surgeon, but he does score points in the "mean and spiteful" category. I like the 'clean split' look, but marvel more at how Skeletor fused their insides... one eats, the other burps... one head sleeps on guard duty, while the other stays awake (albeit sleepy).
    Last edited by Cybertronian; November 15, 2013 at 12:24am.