Thread: New Ghostbusters cartoon coming

New Ghostbusters cartoon coming

It looks like a new animated series is coming, but will take place in the future:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/20...ated-tv-series

This has potential if it isn't all chicks. It doesnt sound like it will be an all chick cast though since its taking place in the future.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    This is good news, and I especially like that they are going to turn Hotel Transylvania into a series! (I really hope that Genndy Tartakovsky is a part of this.)

I like the idea of a new Ghostbusters animated series, but I don't think anything will live up to the original series. So many good memories....
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    This has potential if it isn't all chicks. It doesnt sound like it will be an all chick cast though since its taking place in the future.
    Are all chicks dead in the future?

I'd guess the team will be more of a mixture like Extreme Ghostbusters was.

Heroic Warrior
    Sounds cool.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Was there an Extreme Ghostbuster's Garrett figure ever released? I think that Mattel missed an opportunity in not working on a "Real Ghostbusters" or "Extreme Ghostbusters" line ala MOTUC. They would probably pick this GB 2050 line.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Was there an Extreme Ghostbuster's Garrett figure ever released? I think that Mattel missed an opportunity in not working on a "Real Ghostbusters" or "Extreme Ghostbusters" line ala MOTUC. They would probably pick this GB 2050 line.
    Indeed they would.

Many people will be really bummed if Mattel doesn't produce a "classics" line of Real Ghostbusters figures like they've been hinting at... I know I would be really sad if this opportunity has passed.
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

No, although he was sculpted, sadly Garrett never made it past the prototype stage.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Are all chicks dead in the future?

Maybe!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    I saw something on IMDB that the original idea for the Ghostbusters was that the movie was to be set in a future. The Ghostbusters were to be similar to paramedics. They had bases all over New York for what I read. The cast was to include John Belushi, unfortunately he died of a drug overdose in 1983. Here's the line I saw in IMDB's trivia page:

According to Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis in the DVD Commentary, in Dan Aykroyd's original rough draft of the movie, the story was going to take place in the future and that there would be teams of Ghostbusters like there are paramedics and firefighters (thus explaining basing the Ghostbusters HQ in a firehouse). According to Reitman, such a film would cost "at least $300 million in 1984 dollars". So Harold Ramis was brought in to rewrite the script and bring it into modern times
    Last edited by cryanmchsi; June 22, 2016 at 09:25pm.

Heroic Warrior
    It can be called Ghostbusters the next generation

My daughter and I are excited about this.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, Hawke, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, it will be interesting to see how they work this. What the character style will look like. I was on the fence with the Extreme Ghostbusters. Though the toy of the Ecto-1 was cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting...

One of the appeals I had was all their futuristic proton blasters and super scientific traps and gear... usually looking like it was made out of household supplies....

I'm not sure how that will translate in a futuristic world with supposedly flying cars and jetpacks and laser guns or whatnot... I hope they don't try to 'modernize' the things that made them special in the first place.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    No, although he was sculpted, sadly Garrett never made it past the prototype stage.
    It's funny Trendmasters did make the other characters from Extreme Ghustbusters, including Egon. Really amazed that Garrett didn't make it out of the prototype stage.

Target is selling the first five volumes of the Real Ghostbusters cartoon on DVD at $10 a pop right now. Each disc contains 11 or 12 episodes and includes a $5 voucher for the new movie...