Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G.I. Joe: Renegades

G.I. Joe: Renegades

There will be a new G.I. Joe cartoon debuting this October. It was officially announced at the 2010 JoeCon.

New Cartoon will be called..... "Renegades" Coming this fall to the Hub which is a joint venture with Discovery and launches in October 2010. Margaret Loesch who was executive producer on the classic Joe and Transformers cartoon will be running the network.

Hasbro Studios works closely with the hub and working on a whole bunch of new programing besides G.I.Joe.

Will there be toys.... Yes! The show is going back to the beginning. They loved Resolute was great but they wanted to go back and do a G.I.Joe Year 1. G.I.Joe will start out being on the run from someone or something that may not be a snake.

They are going to show a clip but we are not allowed to film it. Its not American Animation, but a different style from what everyone else does. They went back to American Illustration art covers from the 50's and 60's that pay attention to light and shadows. Things are not what they may seem, Cobra might have a public and private face.

Show Duke, Snake-Eyes, Duke has blond hair.

Pursuit of Cobra ends in Spring 2011.

Animated toy line will begin in spring 2011, be 3.75" with articulation we have come to expect from GIJoe and have vehicles.

The story will be very linear, meaning what happens in one episode will effect the next one and it will have self-contained stories. The pilot is 2-part and will be 26 episodes. The have a real game plan and already discussing what will happen in season 4 and 5. It helps when the company doing the show owns part of the network.

Destro's mask will not be made of nanomites. Cobra Commander will have classic mask. A 2-part arc with Storm Shadow and Snake-Eyes.

There will be a core team of Joes that you will really be able to get to know. There are a lot of hard-core "Geeks" and fans on the writing staff. The show is not CG cause they wanted to be able to introduce as many characters and vehicles as possible and CG would be to expensive to do that.

You will have stories that you pick up characters as you go along and will have characters like Snow Job that will be used of specific missions like ones that take place in the arctic. This is really going to be G.I.Joe Year 1 so they will start small and grow big over the years.

The TV rating will be TBD but it wont be as dark as Resolute but they will push it as much as possible and still be able to bring in a new generation. The stories won't be dumbed down. They will be written as if they were writing it for themselves. That will be for all the shows they do on the Hub (Take note Transformer fans).

Jinx will be in the show at some point. Wouldn't say if Road Block or Heavy Duty would be used, but not both.

Signature weapons and vehicles will be true to the characters and simple things like PDA's and phones will be unique between the teams, Joe and Cobra. And if someone looses a PDA in one episode they will have to get a new one, they will be tracking little details like that in this show.

We will see mostly classic character with stuff maybe you didn't know and how they get to be the characters we know. We might see some new characters as well but it will mostly be classic characters.

There will also be Classic Vehicles like the vamp. Maybe re-imagines a little bit and they may go through change and growth to get to the vehicles we know.

Ripcord skin color question was avoided, was joked could look like Michael Jackson.

Snake-Eyes we could see his face and hear him speak cause the go back.

Bullets are a no, it is a kids network, but they have made creative solutions and got away with some things in one episode, it won't detract from the show. Anything a kid could find in his parents gun cabinet they try and stay away from.

No Polly the Parrot.

No Star Brigade.

Voice actors they couldn't really comment on.
    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=15814

Sounds good to me, but I have one no, no to the Duke/Scarlett relationship, go with Hasbro and the comic writers Snake Eyes/Scarlett relationship it's been going on longer and great for Jinx to be in it. She deserves it since IDW murdered her
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

I like the description of the animation technique they are using.

everything i have read and heard about this series makes me happy.

i really do hope they get to do their multi season arc they talked about at joecon!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Sounds sweet! I've loved Resolute, but it would be great to have a Joe origin cartoon, with a living Bazooka.
    Hope that some pic or video leaks soon
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Sounds good. Proberly won't be on Australian cable TV.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Bullets are a no, it is a kids network, but they have made creative solutions and got away with some things in one episode, it won't detract from the show. Anything a kid could find in his parents gun cabinet they try and stay away from.
    Hope the lasers at least have the proper glow, and not the awful dull looking airbrush crap.

This show sounds like it will be pretty good. It will be cool to see how the whole unit got started in this version.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Michael Bell had the following to say:
    "To all my face bud fans. Just did a guest spot on the new Gi Joe animated series. Played Duke's dad.Duke being the ever talented Jason Marsden who incidentally, I directed in the Fox animated " Peter Pan" series way back when he was a mere teen. B J Ward played Duke's mom. What a kick to be back in the saddle again with old friends."
    ----------------
    Creator of Spook Central Elementary
    Writer of stuff!
    . \o/ - "Hail to the king baby ! "
    .. |
    . / \

Quote Originally Posted by Voice_Guy View Post
    Nice!
    Has anyone been at Joe Con?
    I'd like to hear at least a review of what has been shown.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I like the description of the animation technique they are using.

I'm getting an anime vibe here (both in terms of the art and the continuing storyline. ).

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Toning down the weapons/violence a la the 1980s G.I.*Joe cartoon = EPIC FAIL! I won't be watching this garbage!

All I wanted was more episodes of G.I.*Joe Resolute, which was the cartoon adaptation I'd been wanting for the last 25 years. Obviously, that was too much to ask.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Toning down the weapons/violence a la the 1980s G.I.*Joe cartoon = EPIC FAIL! I won't be watching this garbage!

All I wanted was more episodes of G.I.*Joe Resolute, which was the cartoon adaptation I'd been wanting for the last 25 years. Obviously, that was too much to ask.
    they are not toning down the violence, it will be more violent than the old cartoon as a matter of fact.

they ju8st won't have weapons that kids may happen to find in their parents' gun cabinets. they can not emulate laser gun battles as easily as 9mm gun battles is their thinking.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Maybe with this version of G.I. Joe, some of the characters I like will actually make it through to the second season(if it gets one). If Resolute had continued, it would have probably killed off even more classic characters than the Transformers animated movie did before the end of the season.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice_Guy View Post
    "To all my face bud fans. Just did a guest spot on the new Gi Joe animated series. Played Duke's dad.Duke being the ever talented Jason Marsden who incidentally, I directed in the Fox animated " Peter Pan" series way back when he was a mere teen. B J Ward played Duke's mom. What a kick to be back in the saddle again with old friends."

This is really cool news. Now if Michael Bell and BJ Ward turn up in the new Voltron cartoon I'll be one happy 80's toon nerd.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Can't wait
    btw when I was growing up in the 80s I saw gun fights smoking jumping of cliff in cartoon I never did any of that or know anyone that did . Why take it out now ,what kids don't have common sense now ? Or there parents don't tell them what's right or wrong . I can't belive how all the new cartoons are dumbed down for kids now

I'm Glad that Michael and BJ are in the new series with their guest roles but it would have been better had they been given the lead. It's not like their voices have changed much since then.

As for the violence, I'd prefer laser battles over bullets anyway; it made it seem more futuristic in some way. Also anything close to the original series, the better off it will be.
    ----------------
    Creator of Spook Central Elementary
    Writer of stuff!
    . \o/ - "Hail to the king baby ! "
    .. |
    . / \

I never see too much of a deal in 80's Joe cartoons if they were laser or bullet weapons. They all actually looked like regular guns, they even throw away empty caskets, at least in the 80's movie.
    Although Bazooka and many others used to shot missiles and there was a lot a weaponary that easily could kill, being laser or bullet machine guns, pretty much all as kids were aware of a real arm danger if properly adviced by our parents, stlill were as well able to enjoy the sense of adventure in shooting bad guys. It was the same age in which we're able to watch The A-Team, with "real deal" guns, but where no one ever got killed; or the original V, where characters died because of laser shots.

I think that the real danger lurks in the education that parents pour into their children towards violence; and I'm telling this with a great aversion to real guns although with hunting experiences in my life.

My feedback thread

Media Week article with some information and a picture of Duke:
    http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_...cb5ee45db024a4

Good info, just wish the pic was bigger.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

The Media Week article and picture have been really helpful fleshing out this new series as a sort-of extention of the movie, being that the Joes are on the run from their own government basically and revealing that, from an animation standpoint, Renegades will have a Resolute feel. So far I like what I've heard and seen about this and am very exicted to see more.

I just don't get this 'no guns' crap. Seriously? If kids aren't exposed to guns at home. They are in the news, movies, and especially video games. Its not like kids are completely unaware that guns exist and that they don't fire projectiles that kill people.

How is having a large incindary device or laser blaster any different?

Having blood/gore and brain matter splattering all over the place is another thing, but its not like the laser blasters are shaped like zuchini. It baffles me.

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar

New GI Joe Series announced at Comic Con

The Hub http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=293&itemid=16163

The Hasbro design and marketing teams and representatives from Hasbro Studios -- including Derryl DePriest (Hasbro Marketing), John Warden (Hasbro Design), Aaron Archer (Hasbro Brand IP Development), Jeff Kline (executive producer, G.I. Joe Renegades), and Michael Vogel (Hasbro Studios) -- discuss new initiatives for Hasbro's G.I. Joebrand. Fans won't want to miss details from the showrunner and members of the creative team for the new G.I. Joe Renegades animated television series coming to The Hub network this fall!

Hasbro is introducing "The Hub" which is a joint venture network with discovery.

- G.I.Joe Renegades is going to go back to the beginning where they haven't even met each other, they are recruited by Scarlet who is a spook. They go on a mission to investigate a pharmaceutical company run by a company known as Cobra. Things go wrong and they are blamed for a crime they didn't commit and go on the run. This will be before many of the Joes had code names.

For the art, they felt Resolute would be hard to top, so they wanted to go back to a more classic style from the 50's with lots of shadowing and where there always seems to be something else going on behind the scenes. From the design standpoint they start with character.

Roadblock is back. Cobra will utilize technology that seems a little futuristic than what is used today.

We will learn things like how the Dreadnoks and Zartan get involved with Cobra. They will start with a more realistic approach and move more towards the futuristic stuff.

The original voice actors who played Duke and Scarlett will return for the show but not as Duke or Scarlett.

There won't be the violence of Resolute but it won't be dumbed down, think violence like seen in shows like Batman The Animated Series.

This is G.I.Joe Year 1. They want the widest swaft of character they can use so that is why they choose to use more classic 2D animation than they did CGI.

A animated clip was show, we weren't allowed to record it, but I saw others recording it so check YouTube. I'm sure it will be online soon.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Hoooo boy! Looking at the images in the article, people are NOT going to be happy about this! I can already hear all the griping! It looks interesting, but I have to keep in mind, this is something new. This is NOT the GI Joe I grew up with.

I like it, it should animate really well.

I'd like to see better images, but the designs seem to resemble Sean Galloway's work quite a bit.