Thread: NECA Planet of the Apes figures

NECA Planet of the Apes figures

Found these today at TRU. I actually have a set coming online, but I couldn't pass up getting to check the paint apps. I'll end up with three Gorilla soldiers, which is perfect. One with the gun, one with the club, and one to find a horse for!

They are SO well constructed. They are incredibly poseable and seem really expressive. Amazing detail, paint and sculpting combine to make these some of the most impressive figures NECA has put out, I think. I hope these are incredibly successful because I'd love for the line to just keep going and going. We definitely need some humans in this scale.

Some quick pics on my desk:

10492531_10103934361874080_2852679498317289974_n.jpg
    10525719_10103934361968890_8995647931651921078_n.jpg
    10527388_10103934362093640_3449565654607277068_n.jpg

Oh cool, I didn't know Zaius comes with his cane too! I also have a set coming. I'll have to check TRU to do a little army building. How is Cornelius's likeness?

Wow, I just realized I didn't see anything about wave 2 from SDCC.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Found the gorilla soldiers at TRU. Depending on what they offer in the two pack, not sure I'll need another pair. Just need General Ursus to lead them. The figures themselves are great. Dutch level articulation. Wish they were bigger, but they're the same height as the Marines from Aliens, which is actually correct. You can attach the little clubs to the hook on their sash, as well as hang the gun over their shoulder.

Awesome pics as always SCB!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Oh cool, I didn't know Zaius comes with his cane too! I also have a set coming. I'll have to check TRU to do a little army building. How is Cornelius's likeness?

Wow, I just realized I didn't see anything about wave 2 from SDCC.
    I think all the likenesses are superb. The paint varies a bit from figure to figure in store, but they all seemed solid.

As for series 2, it's:

DSC08112.jpg
    DSC08113.jpg
    DSC08114.jpg

Series 3 (sneak peek - there will be more):
    DSC08115-150x150.jpg

There was also a MEGO-esque George Taylor, which gives me hope we'll see him in the 7'' line:
    DSC08118.jpg

Also, I would LOVE this diorama. Sadly not for sale:
    DSC08116.jpg

Pic source: http://news.toyark.com/2014/07/24/sd...evealed-130514

Crossover Time

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    So very stoked for these figures. It's kind of funny, I've never thought of myself as a big Apes fan; I would list a lot of other properties before that one if I had to list my favorites. And yet, I've gotten a lot of the figures based on the movies over the years, and I am very excited at the prospects here. They really are knocking these out of the park from the pics I've seen, and the Ceasar figure previewed from Conquest gives me hope we'll see some representatives apes from the later movies. I really would like a Virgil from the final film, as I loved Paul Williams' portrayal of the character, and I enjoyed the fact that the later films had you rooting for the apes. And of course one would hope for Taylor and Nova in the line; it would seem as incomplete as the Aliens line minus Ripley without them.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Here's the test shots of Series 1 & 2, plus the upcoming Gorilla soldier 2-pack!

Ooo, awesome! I'm so glad Zira is in there, the line wouldn't have been complete without her. And I didn't even think of a different Dr. Zaius! Seeing Conquest's Ceaasar is nice, but I don't really care about the last three movies getting figures honestly. I kind of hope they might make Lucius, Nova, and Taylor, and I wouldn't say no to Dr. Milo or the TV show's General Urko, but otherwise all the best ones I think are here! Wish NECA was making Flash Gordon figures.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I really REALLY hope we get Taylor AND Nova!
    How could you not get them both?!?

This is such an amazing set of films
    Probably some of my most favorite of all time

Just the thought of them brings up watching the movies over and over when I was younger!

To be honest, I am so based I think the new movies are crappy.

These figures are amazing and this is the line that will be the sub focus to MOTUC.

I love them all.

I'm not even an army builder but to have at least 3 of each Ape soldiers is a must!!

- - - Updated - - -

Look who showed up at work today!
    All 3...WOOOHOOO!!!

LOVE THEM...love love love!

I wonder if they will do the TV show too?!?