Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman / Superman Movie Thread

Hybrid View

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Batman / Superman Movie Thread

Ok, what happened to the Man of Steel 2? Heck, we don't even have a Batman to speak of at this point, and then this is announced at Comic-Con for release in 2015? The same year as Avengers 2? Uh oh...

http://www.examiner.com/article/warn...ng-summer-2015
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have always wanted to see these two share the screen together. That said - I know DC's going to be playing a version of 'catch-up' with the JL characters, but I just hope they do it as wisely as possible.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    This should be interesting.

I wasn't entirely thrilled with Man of Steel, and the same director is helming this. It was too much like Batman Begins to me (I liked Begins, but it worked for Batman... not so much for Superman). And the crazy thing is that the Batman in this film will likely be a 'reboot' of the character since Bale won't return. Hopefully it will be good, but I'm not holding my breath.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Complete confidence in Snyder and Goyer. Tidbits are that the controversial ending of MOS will be addressed and be part of the story. I can see the story going in a few directions but following the build up will be half the fun.
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com

Not very confident in Snyder or Goyer honestly, but at least DC is moving something forward even if it's still just those two characters.

The Supes vs Bats logo in I Am Legend was a whole lot cooler than this new one though.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

A deep hopeful attempt to try and pull in that Avengers line money. Not real sure they can manage a team film though. bats supes maybe but beyond that..we shall see.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    This should be interesting.

I wasn't entirely thrilled with Man of Steel, and the same director is helming this. It was too much like Batman Begins to me (I liked Begins, but it worked for Batman... not so much for Superman). And the crazy thing is that the Batman in this film will likely be a 'reboot' of the character since Bale won't return. Hopefully it will be good, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Having the same director is a mixed blessing for me, as I wasn't impressed by MOS (great effects, lousy character development). But what I want to hear is that there will be a different cameraman for this film, one who actually knows what a steadycam is, so that I don't need to take something for motion sickness before entering the theater for a 2D showing. I still haven't seen the end of the flick because of the "Blair Witch" syndrome that strikes right before Zod lands.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

i've wanted to see superman and batman on screen in a big budget movie since i was a child, however...

• i really wish they would have let superman stand on his own for at least one more film.
    • this really feels like WB is throwing up their hands and saying "MOS didn't break a billion! we gotta get batman back up on screen pronto! he's the only superhero we have any faith towards raking in that sweet, sweet, avengers style money!"
    • snyder has stated in the past that he is more of a batman guy, which was part of his hesitance toward making a superman movie. i don't want yet another story that makes batman mega-awesome while making superman look like a chump (as the dark knight returns did).

...that said, there are cool things that can be explored. being the proactive guy that batman is, it does make some sense that if he felt superman was a threat that needed to be dealt with, that he would step in ASAP(which could make it acceptable that superman doesn't get a solo sequel).

also, if lex luthor is part of the story, then there's another in for batman, as he and bruce wayne float in the same circles. man, i hope this will be good and not come off as a soulless cash-grab or WB being in too much of a hurry to get to JL.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Batman casting call for this movie has begun. Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin are at the top of the charts. Matthew Goode is around there also.

Who do you picture as the new Batman? I¡m intrigued to know what direction DC is going to take with the character
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Ok, what happened to the Man of Steel 2? Heck, we don't even have a Batman to speak of at this point, and then this is announced at Comic-Con for release in 2015? The same year as Avengers 2? Uh oh...

http://www.examiner.com/article/warn...ng-summer-2015
    This is the sequel to Man of Steel......Same man of Steel cast/universe etc only somehow Batman gets involved......

Video from SDCC

That is how you reveal something awesome!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Very excited for this. I loved Man of Steel. Very eager to see Batman in that world. In a way I hope they go for a completely different look and feel to Nolan’s Batman films. Would love to see the more fantastical elements of the Batman world come into play. Like the logo, too. 2015 is looking ridiculously over-stacked. In a good way.

AWESOME!!!! damn, to see them together in the big screen.. kicking ass.. now i wonder the villains whom will be involved

is it 2015 yet?

a new bruce wayne / batman.. hmm.. how about armie hammer? that guy from the lone ranger.. young, good looking and TALL guy. batman imo should be a tall guy
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Im not a fan of this casting choice. I like Ben Affleck as an actor and I even enjoyed Daredevil (Unrated/R rated version) but as Batman I think he'll just be another Clooney in the suit.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Movie mayhem!
    To be fair most od the previous batman actors have been well known actors. That is nothing new. What is weird for me is pairing up that casting of batman with the current superman who isnt as well known an actor. It makes superman feel lesser somehow then or mismatched.

amusingly, it's not that ben affleck is being cast as batman that should worry people. guy is a long time closet comic book nerd, and a batman fan in particular.

what should worry people is that David Goyer is still involved.

Your Thoughts On Ben Afleck As Batman

I'm not sure if anyone brought this up, but I thought I bring this up while it's still fresh in people's minds. Anyway, here's Boviebob's take on the matter.

I'm willing to wait till I see it to judge fairly.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone brought this up, but I thought I bring this up while it's still fresh in people's minds. Anyway, here's Boviebob's take on the matter.

Thank you! Made my day!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I liked the video, but honestly, do we all fan base feel quite overwhelmed by this upcoming movie and Afflect as Batman?

I like MoS but of course I thought that ending was quite shocking and against character nature as well as the movie is not as iconic or everlasting as "Superman: The Movie" with turning back time included.
    Even though, I always feel very optimistic about any new DC movie and this one is pretty much at the top of my comics movie dream come true type, and I want it to have all the key elements that differentiates Superman vs Batman in an all or nothing match, till they realize that each of them is necessary to fight against evil

Besides the video, besides Snyder, besides Goyer, besides shacky cam and everyting... I do have hopes this is going to be there alongside Avengers or Dark Knight as top comic book movies
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I'm not gonna say I'm excited about the news, but I did raise an eyebrow man when Michael Shannon was cast as Zod and he was fricken awesome. Probably as long as Eisenburg is heartless and over intelligent he'll be hopefully good.

It's not that I doubt Eisenberg can play an incredible villain, it's just that THIS particular villain feels all wrong. I just don't buy him as the head of a multi-billion dollar, international corporation with enough charisma and world-knowledge to lead the people on that he knows what's best for them (let alone be able to run for president..and I understand this is a whole new universe, but still...).
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Will wait until I see the film to make a judgement.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Will wait until I see the film to make a judgement.
    i agree.. jesse may be young, but not like movie magic can make him look older, buzz hair, gains weight by bulking up.. and Gal will also bulk up too

i dont get all the oh no.. too skinny, to young, to boring, too fat, too short, too this.. too that. heath ledger, tom hardy and ann hathaway got so much crap and they were great in their roles imho

just because some actor is seen a certain way in films, not like the director or producer can bring out some other acting chops out of them like they never seen before.

looking forward for the film and i'm gonna say it will be better than the first
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!