Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman / Superman Movie Thread (Dawn of Justice)

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Batman / Superman Movie Thread (Dawn of Justice)

Ok, what happened to the Man of Steel 2? Heck, we don't even have a Batman to speak of at this point, and then this is announced at Comic-Con for release in 2015? The same year as Avengers 2? Uh oh...

http://www.examiner.com/article/warn...ng-summer-2015
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have always wanted to see these two share the screen together. That said - I know DC's going to be playing a version of 'catch-up' with the JL characters, but I just hope they do it as wisely as possible.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    This should be interesting.

I wasn't entirely thrilled with Man of Steel, and the same director is helming this. It was too much like Batman Begins to me (I liked Begins, but it worked for Batman... not so much for Superman). And the crazy thing is that the Batman in this film will likely be a 'reboot' of the character since Bale won't return. Hopefully it will be good, but I'm not holding my breath.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Complete confidence in Snyder and Goyer. Tidbits are that the controversial ending of MOS will be addressed and be part of the story. I can see the story going in a few directions but following the build up will be half the fun.
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com

Not very confident in Snyder or Goyer honestly, but at least DC is moving something forward even if it's still just those two characters.

The Supes vs Bats logo in I Am Legend was a whole lot cooler than this new one though.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

A deep hopeful attempt to try and pull in that Avengers line money. Not real sure they can manage a team film though. bats supes maybe but beyond that..we shall see.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Ok, what happened to the Man of Steel 2? Heck, we don't even have a Batman to speak of at this point, and then this is announced at Comic-Con for release in 2015? The same year as Avengers 2? Uh oh...

http://www.examiner.com/article/warn...ng-summer-2015
    This is the sequel to Man of Steel......Same man of Steel cast/universe etc only somehow Batman gets involved......

Video from SDCC

That is how you reveal something awesome!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Very excited for this. I loved Man of Steel. Very eager to see Batman in that world. In a way I hope they go for a completely different look and feel to Nolan’s Batman films. Would love to see the more fantastical elements of the Batman world come into play. Like the logo, too. 2015 is looking ridiculously over-stacked. In a good way.

AWESOME!!!! damn, to see them together in the big screen.. kicking ass.. now i wonder the villains whom will be involved

is it 2015 yet?

a new bruce wayne / batman.. hmm.. how about armie hammer? that guy from the lone ranger.. young, good looking and TALL guy. batman imo should be a tall guy
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    this is going to be awesome
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior
    No matter how bad the reviews may be, I'll still pay money to see a live-action battle between Batman and Superman on the big screen!

But, it does seem like an odd direction to take the DC movie universe. They barely established "Superman" in the first film and haven't established "Clark Kent" or any of the surrounding "story" around Superman with the exception of his relationships with Lois Lane and Ma Kent.

At the same time, they're going to have to establish an entirely new Batman who will more than likely be heavily based on Nolan's Batman, but who will also have to be a lot more "extraordinary" in terms of his skills and gadgets if we're to believe that he can battle evil doers alongside Superman (and the rest of the eventual Justice League).

As an aside, I much prefer the Batman/Superman logo from "I Am Legend" to the one created for this new (real) film. The "bat" looks far too bloated for me.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    AWESOME!!!! damn, to see them together in the big screen.. kicking ass.. now i wonder the villains whom will be involved

is it 2015 yet?

a new bruce wayne / batman.. hmm.. how about armie hammer? that guy from the lone ranger.. young, good looking and TALL guy. batman imo should be a tall guy
    wouldn't it make sense to have it be the would be robin from rises?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    wouldn't it make sense to have it be the would be robin from rises?
    No, someone recently said that the Dark Knight films are not part of this universe. I think it was Snyder.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I am beyond excited for this movie! At first I was very doubtful about it as they need to establish the new Superman properly before doing spin-offs, but this sounds like they are working Batman into Superman's story continuing from MOS.

My 2 favourite super heroes on the big screen next year - can't wait!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Given at how great Man of Steel turned out to be, I am looking forward to this. Actually, I care more about the Flash movie than this, but as long as DC does not drop the ball, this should be good.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

For some reason, I immediately thought of this from I am Legend:

batman-vs-superman_250.jpg

Am I the only one?
    - I've got my corn sword, I'm good.

Did anyone really think this was NOT gonna happen?

Cool way, but it was already known this had to be...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

It would be really convoluted if both the MOS and DK both took place in the same universe. I'm kind of relieved that it won't be the case. Because the Batman in this movie has to be Bruce Wayne under the cowl.

I have a feeling kryptonite will be discovered and will be a factor in the movie. Perhaps a level of trust between the two heroes will be established in the case that Superman would trust Batman to keep a piece of kryptonite on him in the event Supes would go rogue. As for discovering each other's identities, I'm fine if they do it in a similar fashion the DCAU did.

Warner Bros. shouldn't rush Justice League as they need something like this first and then give Wonder Woman and Flash their own movies.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    No matter how bad the reviews may be, I'll still pay money to see a live-action battle between Batman and Superman on the big screen!

But, it does seem like an odd direction to take the DC movie universe. They barely established "Superman" in the first film and haven't established "Clark Kent" or any of the surrounding "story" around Superman with the exception of his relationships with Lois Lane and Ma Kent.

At the same time, they're going to have to establish an entirely new Batman who will more than likely be heavily based on Nolan's Batman, but who will also have to be a lot more "extraordinary" in terms of his skills and gadgets if we're to believe that he can battle evil doers alongside Superman (and the rest of the eventual Justice League).

Meh....

Batman and Superman have 60+ years of being 'established'. In the past 25 years, there have been what? 7 batmen movies? with 4 actors playing him? Not even counting the barrage of animated versions. Each with a drastically different feel to him?

yet all batman. Iron man needed to be introduced to the public... Thor needed to be introduced to the public... Batman does not.

We know who he is and what he does... let's get the team ups going!!!

There has been talk of people getting 'bored' with superhero movies and the fad coming to the end... but honestly, thats because we focus too much on 'origins' of long established stories that EVERYONE knows...

I really enjoy the new peter parker and enjoyed the movie... but I would have liked it BETTER if it wasn't the SAME story we already saw a few years ago...

Some characters need an origin told... many, many do NOT... Batman is HIGH on that list. Rich Orphan uses fortune to fight crime.

Done.

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

I agree. I didn't mean more "origin" stories for Superman and Batman, I meant simply "establishing" their worlds, their characters, their support networks, their personalities, etc.

The new Batman is going to have to be more "fantastical" and more heavily based on the comic book version to be able to stand with Superman against their common foe. It will be a lot different to Nolan's "realism" based Batman who would have been dead within a second if he tried to stand up to General Zod. I'm sure it's more than capable of being done. A single introductory scene showing Batman fighting one of his more "fantastical" villains like Mr Freeze or Killer Croc would easily establish that he could hold his own against "super-powered" villains and then a quick return to the Batcave for a conversation with Alfred and some exposition should be able to establish "Bruce Wayne" as well.

Similarly, an introductory scene showing a "day in the life" of Clark Kent would also work wonders to establish his relationship with Lois Lane (i.e. she actively covers for Clark when Superman is called for), his work at The Daily Planet and how the public view him. Heck, they could easily tie them together by having Perry White assign Clark Kent to write a story about the new "Batman" showing up in Gotham City.

It's certainly possible, I just hope they do a good job of it and don't just launch straight into Batman fights Superman because of the McGuffin!

I can appreciate some of you guys wanting another MOS2 before having this team up. I can go either way on it. I would like to believe that Batman will be used to tell Superman's beginings making a smooth transition into this next film. Tackling the idea that these two met very early on could ease them into the story. Imagine Bruce working with Lex to help rebuild Metropolis with financial backing while his alter ego is in town because he doesn't trust the new guy from the other side of the universe. Lex and Bruce work together to try and hold Superman accountable for the death of Zod and the destruction on the city. Batman does some detective work and discovers kryptonite leading to a knockout drag out fight between the two with said kryptonite in Bat's possession. A wounded Superman manages to fly off not before some parting words for Batman to look deeper into Lex's motives. Sure enough, Lex has an agenda, Bruce feels duped and now we have the beginnings of the World's Finest That is just my idea in short. Obviously, I feel more villains should be part of the story, not just Lex. In any case, I am excited for this. As soon as it was announced over the weekend my boys and I sat down to watch Public Enemies on bluray. Simply awesome, and I can't wait!!!
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com

This is going to be legendary! Love the news and SUPER excited!!!! Just hope they get a better Batman.

Who's to say that Batman doesn't already exist in this universe? Batman didn't decide to become the Bat because Superman paved the way. And considering the way he operates, it's more than likely he's been striking the criminal element from the shadows for years. This would be a more plausible reason for Lane or even Kent to visit Gotham for the scoop. One too many Bat sightings