Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman / Superman Movie Thread

Ryan Reynolds as Hal was far worse. I think Affleck could do okay.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Speaking of, Affleck wishes he wasn't on comic book fans' radars since Daredevil and Elektra are mainly what put him there.
    And he was far from the worst thing about Daredevil. No actor stood a chance in that role.

I liked Daredevil a LOT more then ANY of the Nolanverse Batman movies and thought Affleck's portrayal of Daredevil was infinitely superior to Bale as Batman

Heck I liked Elektra a lot more then the Batman movies

With Bale I never saw Batman. I saw someone trying to be Batman
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    And he was far from the worst thing about Daredevil. No actor stood a chance in that role.
    I actually didn't hate that movie, but I didn't care enough to defend it. He gets a lot of the blame though, probably because he's the highest profile target.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 25, 2013 at 07:55am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

It's always the actors fault first, then the directors. But never the writers fault, nor other problems. Yes the director should oversee a lot of other stuff like editing etc, but it can even be the studios fault for not like the edit the director presents which is why we get the directors cut later (when it's the actual director's cut).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Could have been worse

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    It's always the actors fault first, then the directors. But never the writers fault, nor other problems. Yes the director should oversee a lot of other stuff like editing etc, but it can even be the studios fault for not like the edit the director presents which is why we get the directors cut later (when it's the actual director's cut).
    I'm sorry, but the director is the one in charge of the movie, thus, he takes the heat regardless. Are you saying we should let Scott pass on his lack of communication because it is the heads at Mattel that make the decision? Are you saying we shouldn't call out Michael Bay or Jason Chu for turning out garbage when it came to Transformers and GI Joe? When you go to a store with a problem, do you blame the single lowly employee for upholding the store's policy because you didn't get your way?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Where does it say that? Link please
    This.

Last I heard nobody (including the joker himself) Knew WHO he was before the accident. Everything about his past is a mystery and an enigma... so I find it unlikely that they have his age nailed down that tightly.

Not even counting the sliding timeline that perpetually puts superman and batman in the 'thrity-ish' range...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I still disagree there. You aren't established unless everyone has heard of you, and since no one I knew knew he was, that isn't exactly established.

I was the opposite here. I had never heard of either Bale OR Nolan when they were announced... but it seemed like EVERYONE I knew did. I had so many people forcing Equilibrium and memento down my throat it wasn't funny!

I'm sorry, but the director is the one in charge of the movie, thus, he takes the heat regardless. Are you saying we should let Scott pass on his lack of communication because it is the heads at Mattel that make the decision? Are you saying we shouldn't call out Michael Bay or Jason Chu for turning out garbage when it came to Transformers and GI Joe? When you go to a store with a problem, do you blame the single lowly employee for upholding the store's policy because you didn't get your way?
    Normally, I do shove the director under the bus on these kinds of things... but I also realize sometimes it IS a bigger problem then them.

The director's cut of Daredevil had a very enlightening featurette on it, where the director talked about all the scenes he loved that developed the characters, and tied the plots and even let the secondary characters shine a bit... then talked about how they were cut. The studios wanted more action, less background 'quiet story' moments'. More setup for the Elektra sequel, more pointless love scenes and all to cram in less then 100 minutes....

There were a LOT of good stuff that cut, and lot that he fought to keep in... but sometimes the ones iwth the paychecks overrule you. he talks a lot how the changes, changed the whole 'tone' of the movie, and watching them both you can really feel it.

NOT gonna say that happened with bay or the others... but on THIS movie, at THIS time.. it really did. When he got control for the dvd, it was a much better show.

Not what I said. Not always the fault of the director. Why are there Theatrical releases of films and Director's cuts of films? Typically it's the case of the studio decided to change things, (sometimes it's actually the reverse but that's another issue). with Daredevil we had the courtroom stuff removed and more focus put on Elektra for a sequel the studio had already started working on. Is it the director's fault for changes like that? Look at Superman II comparing the Donner cut of the film and the theatrical release where Donner had left and they brought in another director to fit their vision of the film, and look at the following movies and tell me it wasn't the studios fault.

With Daredevil the Director's cut was better, most people who have seen both will tell you that. In fact I found people who had only watched the director's cut and couldn't see why the movie got as much hate as it did to find out they watched a better movie was why. That isn't to say the movie was perfect.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Completely disagree. Romero is a freaking joke. Hamil was not that great in the original series. Not because his voice did not fit, but because he was too tamed. It was not until I heard his performance in the Batman Beyond movie and then in the Arkham games that I actually liked him as Joker. I personally though John Dimmagio in Under the Red Hood and the guy who did it in The Dark Knight Returns were better Jokers.

ANd Ledger's Joker is pure gold. It does not matter if he died or not, he was finally Joker down right in live action form.
    Hamill's version is the version I think of whenever I hear of the character, but Ledger's Joker is in second place. He really gave you the sense of how dangerous the Joker was really was. Once Batman finally nabbed him, that the authorities would put him UNDER Arkham and he'd never see the light of day again because he was so dangerous that Batman barely stopped him.

Other Jokers get thrown in and escape out of Arkham so much, he doesn't seem as terrible--more like a constant irritation.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior
    I think you just played 7 degrees of separation.

I need to sit down. my head is spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Reign of Fire was AWESOME and just makes me think of how many ways you can link Bale / Batman to Dracula (aside from them both having a bat motif going on)

for example

Bale's first starring major role was in Empire of the Sun which also had John Malkovich in it, who would later play the part of Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau in the movie "Shadow of the Vampire" which was about the making (with liberties) of "Nosferatu" which was an illegal adaption of Dracula.

Bale starred in Reign of Fire with Gerard Butler who played Dracula in Dracula 2000. Gerard Butler of course starred in Phantom of the Opera which also starred Miranda Richardson who was also in the aforementioned "Empire of the Sun"

Reign of Fire is about Dragons and Dracula means "Son of the Dragon"

Bale also starred in the Prestige with Hugh Jackman who played Van Helsing in the movie of the same name in which the main villain was...Dracula. This Dracula being played by Richard Roxburgh who was in "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" alongside the character of Mina Harker who was a character from...Dracula. Also Hugh Jackman played Wolverine in the X-Men movies with Senator Kelly being portrayed by Bruce Davison who in the film "The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice" played...Dracula

Before that he starred in the previously mentioned Equilibrium which had a cameo appearance by Dominic Purcell who in the movie Blade Trinity played...Dracula (or Drake as he liked to call himself in that)

and most noticeably of all is his Batman co star Gary Oldman (Jim Gordon) who famously played the role of Dracula in 1992's "Bram Stoker's Dracula". A film which also starred Winona Ryder who was in Beetlejuice with Michael Keaton who also played Batman.

Oh and lets not forget Joe Pantoliano. An actor who was also in Empire of the Sun (mentioned earlier). He would later star, with Keanu Reeves, in the Matrix. Mr Reeves also happened to star in the movie "Bram Stoker's Dracula" alongside Gary Oldman

as for Batman

well he has met Dracula in the Andy Warhol film "Batman Dracula"

as well as the 1967 lost film "Batman Fights Dracula"

The comic "Batman & Dracula: Red Rain"

and the animated film "The Batman vs Dracula"

Oh and for some added fun. In American Psycho his character was called "Patrick Bateman" ...well remove the E and what do you get?

why do I bring all of this up?....why not?

Sorry, I'm seeing too much buzz about Bryan Cranston being cast as Lex Luthor and the top choice for most fans...
    Am I the only one that prefers a younger Luthor? Someone like Bradley Cooper, Mark Strong or Jake Gyllenhaal.

If the cast has to be for a man in his late 40's or 50's (Cranston is almost 60) I'd go with Jackie Earle Haley.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

A decent fan trailer is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Sorry, I'm seeing too much buzz about Bryan Cranston being cast as Lex Luthor and the top choice for most fans...
    Am I the only one that prefers a younger Luthor? Someone like Bradley Cooper, Mark Strong or Jake Gyllenhaal.

If the cast has to be for a man in his late 40's or 50's (Cranston is almost 60) I'd go with Jackie Earle Haley.
    I'd be so tired of Strong in that kind of role--and besides he's Sinestro. Cooper would be interesting although I suspect his agent won't want to waste him on a comic book movie role that makes him shave his head. I like Cranston and haven't even watched Breaking Bad, so I don't agree with dismissing him because of his age. Haley would be great as anything probably (except Freddy Kreuger), but I'm fine with him not being Lex. I'm shocked Gyllenhaal hasn't played a comic book hero yet honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Is this why he's not supposed to be within two hundred feet of any school?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

That fan trailer has me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post

I love Cranston and I think he'd do an amazing job, but I really don't like him for the role.

Its far too soon for him to play another bald bad guy - I know I'd only see him as Heisenberg.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not a huge fan of the Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor rumours.

While he's awesome in Breaking Bad and would probably be awesome in World's Finest, I'm hoping for a younger, more charismatic and charming version of Lex Luthor. I think it would be awesome to see Lex Luthor introduced as the "hero" who is rebuilding Metropolis after the events of Man of Steel and who presents a public face as a generous and lovable billionaire who secretly resents Superman and his accomplishments. I'd prefer to see Lex Luthor as the "background" mastermind behind various villanous plots before he is revealed as being "evil" in a future movie leading to the inevitable public battle between Lex Luthor and Superman.

Your Thoughts On Ben Afleck As Batman

I'm not sure if anyone brought this up, but I thought I bring this up while it's still fresh in people's minds. Anyway, here's Boviebob's take on the matter.

I'm willing to wait till I see it to judge fairly.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone brought this up, but I thought I bring this up while it's still fresh in people's minds. Anyway, here's Boviebob's take on the matter.

Thank you! Made my day!

I liked the video, but honestly, do we all fan base feel quite overwhelmed by this upcoming movie and Afflect as Batman?

I like MoS but of course I thought that ending was quite shocking and against character nature as well as the movie is not as iconic or everlasting as "Superman: The Movie" with turning back time included.
    Even though, I always feel very optimistic about any new DC movie and this one is pretty much at the top of my comics movie dream come true type, and I want it to have all the key elements that differentiates Superman vs Batman in an all or nothing match, till they realize that each of them is necessary to fight against evil

Besides the video, besides Snyder, besides Goyer, besides shacky cam and everyting... I do have hopes this is going to be there alongside Avengers or Dark Knight as top comic book movies
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Ryan Reynolds as Hal was far worse. I think Affleck could do okay.
    i actually like ryan as hal.. its just the script was so bad n cheesy.. a director makes a movie and actor , that would kick ass

even though ryan is always a goofy character actor, i believe he can pull off some serious acting chops when the director and script is good.

also, movie was CGI overload.. that i'm not a fan of at all.

as for ben as batty.. i think he will be good. zach snyder will Really make sure of it now with all the bad buzz... i think he will put most all nay-sayers to shame
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/man-ste...221416337.html

this is so cool.. i like both women as wonder woman. but i'll take Olga for sure. she's more fresh looking, slim, femine and totally HOT, but she can bulk a bit or add more curves for sure, i love her face. jamie looks a tad too rough imo.

nightwing.. hmm.. joseph gordin levit?

also i dont mind if they all do make it in the film.. just lets make good character development and not rushed and stupid.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    It's weird that there have been all these rumors of so many other characters showing up in this movie now. It's suddenly gone form being a Superman movie with Batman in it to start building towards Justice League, to basically being a Justice League movie.

This worries me, honestly. I still feel like DC just doesn't get it. I worry they just want the Marvel money.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I have to agree with Dan, this is becoming a concern. Working Batman in as a start off is fine, but if you start working in too many, it's doomed from the start.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

HD figures on youtube
    Oh god, that Woman warrior from Thor? Wonder Woman shouldn't have a big ugly mole beside her nose. That bothers me much worse then affleck.