Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Batman / Superman Movie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    hardy and hathaway were great imo. as far as real life.. thats what makes it cool to watch.. the camp, cheese doesn't have to exist in film just because its a comic book.

i just love how people hate something that has not even been filmed yet
    Because it's changing the character into something that is not...

Sorry but your wrong but to each his own...That's why DC films are not as good as they used to be...

And I love DC & Marvel FYI

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Hathaway was the most pretty bad-ass Catwom--er, Selina Kyle yet. She just wasn't the woman in the cat costume and the bullwhip from the comics.
    Not! Michelle Pfeiffer was WAY better than Hathaway of Hallie Berry....

Does anyone READ the source material anymore??? Watch the Batman Animated show that was the tops for Batman Animated???

If you change the material to be either PC or "Real world" you kill that character (DC 52 Anyone)

Sorry but the majority of the fans hate change when it doesn't need to be changed and it's only changed because some genius thinks it's a good idea when it doesn't

If it ain't broke don't fix it......

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post

Does anyone READ the source material anymore??? Watch the Batman Animated show that was the tops for Batman Animated???

If you change the material to be either PC or "Real world" you kill that character (DC 52 Anyone)

Sorry but the majority of the fans hate change when it doesn't need to be changed and it's only changed because some genius thinks it's a good idea when it doesn't

If it ain't broke don't fix it......

Or, they want to add their own mark.... or, they don't know a THING about the source material, and want to make it 'new/hip/edgy/current'.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Or, they want to add their own mark.... or, they don't know a THING about the source material, and want to make it 'new/hip/edgy/current'.
    Yea which usually is horrible to bring the "younger crowd" in....Please...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Not! Michelle Pfeiffer was WAY better than Hathaway of Hallie Berry....

I definitely saw those, but did you see how conniving Dark Knight Rises Selina was in the bar, how she handled the authorities in the airport and the inmate in prison?

She wasn't dressed up as a cat or using a bullwhip, but that version of Catwoman was not to be messed with.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I definitely saw those, but did you see how conniving Dark Knight Rises Selina was in the bar, how she handled the authorities in the airport and the inmate in prison?

She wasn't dressed up as a cat or using a bullwhip, but that version of Catwoman was not to be messed with.
    Yea I saw it and (once again) NOT the character why are people so willing to let DC slide but they blast Marvel for not wearing the right costume etc. but Marvel at least sticks to the story...

Sorry but your wrong but to each his own...That's why DC films are not as good as they used to be...

And I love DC & Marvel FYI
    nope ur wrong and u can have ur cheese ... and i like marvel too

so to each his own too

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    oh shredder... take ur 89 campy joker and i'll take 2008 dark joker
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    I like DC but most of movies make me a sad panda. I really wish that Warner Bros did there movies at least half as good as there animated TV series.

Yea I saw it and (once again) NOT the character why are people so willing to let DC slide but they blast Marvel for not wearing the right costume etc. but Marvel at least sticks to the story...
    Marvel is pretty close to having recognizable characters, although they will dip into the Ultimates canon for some looks. That's what works with Marvel owning your their movie studio. They avoid stuff like Fantastic Four and X-Men.

Nolan's Bat-flicks had that whole "real world" scenario going on, so Selina not running around in a purple cat costume with big boobs and a whip wasn't an issue for me.

It's a world of difference when the production company is so scared of the very material they want to adapt and changes it, like Fantastic Four's Galactus cloud, corporate Doctor Doom or non-CGI Thing. The X-Men wearing black leather outfits because yellow spandex is too silly--are you kidding me? With a summer blockbuster Hollywood budget, they could do far more than the average convention cosplayer. At least First Class is a better attempt.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

nope ur wrong and u can have ur cheese ... and i like marvel too

so to each his own too

oh shredder... take ur 89 campy joker and i'll take 2008 dark joker

Gladly. If you want boring, no better than your average madman but with makeup on performances ;o)
    Geek Media -

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I like DC but most of movies make me a sad panda. I really wish that Warner Bros did there movies at least half as good as there animated TV series.
    Dump Nolan and bring in Bruce Timm to oversee the DC stuff and you'd likely have Supes/Bats rivaling Avengers in popularity and box office. The reason the animated stuff worked so well was that they looked at it as a drama that happened to be animated; most of the stuf could easily have worked as live action, because they concentrated on the characters more than special effects and blowing a lot of stuff up...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger:3403704
    Dump Nolan and bring in Bruce Timm to oversee the DC stuff and you'd likely have Supes/Bats rivaling Avengers in popularity and box office. The reason the animated stuff worked so well was that they looked at it as a drama that happened to be animated; most of the stuf could easily have worked as live action, because they concentrated on the characters more than special effects and blowing a lot of stuff up...
    I second this, bring in the guy that works for the comic company and knows the characters. Marvel does.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    warners isn't that smart....I swear...it's a SIMPLE formula for fans to get right...why can't million dollar executives figure it out?
    Geek Media -

Thank you Mr. Metzger you get it I feel like I'm beating a dead horse...

And last time I looked Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman didn't wear purple and have a big rack...Read the reviews....

Timm would make a live action Batman/Superman film very good and funny thing is wasn't Geoff Johns attached to the Green Lantern film???

The people that hated that film really have no clue about his backstory etc. that's why they get Nolan to make these films because he can make it "real"
    Last edited by Megalodon; February 5, 2014 at 05:42pm.

Geoff Johns was a creative consultant. Which means he had some input on stuff but may or may have not been listened to. I knew a guy who while in the military met the guy who was a consultant for Top Gun, and there were things in there he told them wouldn't work like that.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Geoff Johns was a creative consultant. Which means he had some input on stuff but may or may have not been listened to. I knew a guy who while in the military met the guy who was a consultant for Top Gun, and there were things in there he told them wouldn't work like that.
    OK but GL was a pretty good movie (A lot better than MOS)

Heroic Warrior
    OK but GL was a pretty good movie (A lot better than MOS)
    No it wasn't. While MOS feels like an Elseworlds take on Superman and not the definitive take on Superman I wish they would have went with its worlds better than GL. GL was just a mess the chemistry between Reynolds and Lively was bad, which is weird since they are together now? Maybe my expectations were too high but it's far from a good film. The beginning was cool where the aliens freed Parallax, but it was downhill from there.

i havent seen GL because of the neg reviews n looked so campy on trailers, but its cheap to rent.. so i guess ill give it a shot.. but isn't it true that reynolds doesn't even wear an acutal gl suit at all? all cgi?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

but isn't it true that reynolds doesn't even wear an acutal gl suit at all? all cgi?
    Yup. Its actually one of the few things I like about the movie. It makes sense that his suit would look cgi - since its a construct of the ring.

And last time I looked Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman didn't wear purple and have a big rack...Read the reviews....
    I was talking about how Nolan's movies tried to do something different by not being faithful to the comic book character. I wasn't talking about the Batman Returns Catwoman, but the actual character from the comics.

The thing is, I understood that it was another variation of Batman, just like we have a kiddie Batman in Brave and the Bold, campy Batman with the 66' version or Frank Miller's gritty "Sin City" version from a few years ago. This was the realistic take.

The people that hated that film really have no clue about his backstory etc. that's why they get Nolan to make these films because he can make it "real"
    You have to remember, WB might have went with Nolan's more realistic feel because of the damage of the last two Batman films, the super campy Joel Schumacher films Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. They went in the opposite direction, much like Man Of Steel was the polar opposite of Superman Returns.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    I second this, bring in the guy that works for the comic company and knows the characters. Marvel does.
    That's a part of it, but the most important thing is that Timm understands what makes story and character work together. The things I remember most from Batman, Superman, JLU, etc, aren't the big battle scenes or explosions; it's moments between the characters, the dialogue, the story. And Marvel gets that in their movies; the scene I recall clearest from Avengers isn't a big special effects moment; it's where Tony is facing a god by his bar, and goes through the Avengers roster telling Loki he isn't going to come out of this a winner. THe man was threatening a god, and it wasn't empty bravado. That was a powerful, character centered scene that stayed with me long after I got fuzzy on who hit who when. That's what was lacking from all the Nolan films (as well as anything remotely resembling some humor), and what I think someone like Timm could bring to the Dc flicks. If you simply look at the scripts without thinking about them being animated films, the Timm Batman movies are tighter, better written and better executed than any of the live action films.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

That's a part of it, but the most important thing is that Timm understands what makes story and character work together. The things I remember most from Batman, Superman, JLU, etc, aren't the big battle scenes or explosions; it's moments between the characters, the dialogue, the story. And Marvel gets that in their movies; the scene I recall clearest from Avengers isn't a big special effects moment; it's where Tony is facing a god by his bar, and goes through the Avengers roster telling Loki he isn't going to come out of this a winner. THe man was threatening a god, and it wasn't empty bravado. That was a powerful, character centered scene that stayed with me long after I got fuzzy on who hit who when. That's what was lacking from all the Nolan films (as well as anything remotely resembling some humor), and what I think someone like Timm could bring to the Dc flicks. If you simply look at the scripts without thinking about them being animated films, the Timm Batman movies are tighter, better written and better executed than any of the live action films.
    that's the problem, though. Humor seems to be a lost art these days in action flicks like this. People are so wary of another Batman and Robin, that they want to stay as far away from humor as possible in the WB universe. Superman Returns, as depressing as it was watching a stalkerish superman, felt more like superman than man of steel did. MOS felt more like it w as following the smallville vibe...a guy with powers trying to avoid using said powers to live in a 'real' world...
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    See this is why people don't like debating with you. You proclaim every opinion that is different from yours as wrong.

Its OK for people to have different opinions - and both can be equally valid.

Your right opinions are to each it's own but your opinion is wrong comparing Arrow to AOS because AOS IS closer to the source material explain (using Black Canary) that her supersonic call is artificial she is/was in a lesbian relationship with Ra's al Ghul's daughter (Who isn't Talia) last time I checked that isn't the origin story DC doesn't have a clue...Just admit it

So since your telling me that MOS is closer to the SOURCE material than GL was??? See your wrong it's not true anyone with two eyes and a knowledge of both characters can see this...
    Last edited by Thatman; February 6, 2014 at 04:47pm. Reason: Cleaning up

Your right opinions are to each it's own but your opinion is wrong comparing Arrow to AOS because AOS IS closer to the source material explain (using Black Canary) that her supersonic call is artificial she is/was in a lesbian relationship with Ra's al Ghul's daughter (Who isn't Talia) last time I checked that isn't the origin story DC doesn't have a clue...Just admit it

So since your telling me that MOS is closer to the SOURCE material than GL was??? See your wrong it's not true anyone with two eyes and a knowledge of both characters can see this...
    I've been in this discussion. Read back in the thread.

And neither show is doing a straight adaptation of existing comics. Both are creating new worlds BASED on the comics. I for one have no problem with the changes EITHER show is making. I just think that Arrow is doing a better job than Shield. IMO, Arrow embraces the DC Universe, Shield barely pays lip service to the Marvel one.

How comic accurate a move/show is to the source material is the least of my worries. I just want to enjoy the show on its own merits. I don't like the Nolan Batman movies that much because I think they're bloated, overly bleak and a bit dull - not because they aren't comic accurate.

I don't want Arrow to just retell stories I've read. I like the world they're building and I love that they are embracing the DC Universe (or at least their version). Just quickly off the top of my head we have had.

Oliver Queen, party boy billionaire, stranded on an island where everything changes.
    Deathstroke
    Ra's al Ghul
    Shado
    Merlyn
    Roy Harper (hot head with a drug issue)
    Black Canary with Sonic Cry
    League of Assassins
    Brother Blood
    Count Vertigo
    Solomon Grundy
    Bronze Tiger
    Deadshot
    Amanda Waller forming a "Squad"
    Huntress
    Miraku (which is a clear nod to Hour Man and Miraclo)
    Royal Flush Gang
    Professor Ivo
    Star(ling) City
    Anatoli Knyazev (KGBeast)
    Barry Allen from Keystone City - including his lightning/chemical accident.

Ra's al Ghul's daughter (Who isn't Talia)
    Nyssa al Ghul is a comic character created over a decade ago. You might want to read the source material...
    Last edited by Thatman; February 6, 2014 at 04:47pm. Reason: removal of deleted quote

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Just stepping in, mod-hat on here, folks. Please remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions, but that everyone should be respectful, and no one's opinion is 'wrong'.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    Do you think it's studio interferrance and hiring some people who aren't familar with the source material?

and do you believe Marvel does it better cause they make their own decisions and hire people who are familar with the source material and that they are a hands off production company? and they make perfect casting?
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; February 7, 2014 at 03:47am.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.