Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Batman / Superman Movie Thread (Dawn of Justice)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Hang on the film is out next year! Why rush them!

They look ok but definitely room for improvement
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I wonder if it is intentional that Superman is in front of the Bat Signal and Batman is in front of Superman's symbol?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The public TRUSTS Marvel Studios because they give us a consistently good time at the movies. These are the same guys who brought us Guardians of the Galaxy, virtually unknown to the general public -- and it was the hit of the summer! People didn't know who the characters were, but they trusted the folks who made the movie.

Warner Bros' current run of movies hasn't earned that level of trust yet. Man of Steel still generates mixed reactions, instead of universally good reactions.

EXACTLY. I knew NOTHING about Gaurdians of the Galaxy. I didn't even know the comic existed! But the preview for the movie made me want to see it and it's now one of my favorites!

Meanwhile, everything I see coming out of DC....this movie, Suicide Squad.....my first thought is 'ugh! this looks terrible!' I was BORED during man of steel. and it didn't gi ve me the hope I expected from a superman movie.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Thats looking good so far!!!

Finally Marvel has stepped back on marketing their movies and let DC have full media coverage for this year SDCC. Stan Lee is taking some vacation LOL
    Dc phase 1 begins!
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    Thats looking good so far!!!

Finally Marvel has stepped back on marketing their movies and let DC have full media coverage for this year SDCC. Stan Lee is taking some vacation LOL
    Dc phase 1 begins!
    That's because Disney will unveil all of it's Marvel news at their OWN convention.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

so, marvel really DID step out of SDCC this year? not because it was 'to expensive to send people out?'.... huh. maybe it got too big to be fun.

I'm still not feeling xena woman...and batman looks so huge he seems goofy. probably that way to make it seem like he could have a hope against superman.
    I still say dark knight returns comic is goofy and over rated.
    Geek Media -

I thought it was Batman not Fatman
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I really like the TRINITY shown for the firs time!

Batman is inspired here by the graphic novel of Mark Miller The Dark Knight, WB also released 2 dtd 1 year ago if my memory serves well. Its basically Bruce Wayne's last days spending time as a crime vigilante;
    sincerely hope this version will not be seen in the Justice League movies and I dont think Ben Affleck has signed for more bat-movies besides Dawn of Justice and his solo film......I mean there's gotta be a reason why WB is exploiting this territory and not rebooting the bat-universe after the altenate version given by Nolan and crew. I'd like to see Rocksteady's games adapted to the big screen instead.

@mega: didnt know that but I assume every studio is planning their best strategies and at the end of the days i hope they'll give us the best superheroes movies
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

i love the cover of the mag.. WW looks HOT in that well lit colored pic.

hey ZACH.. u better film justice league in full bright color.. no more dull grayish tone.

take some MAJOR tips from james cameron's Avatar. Look how bright n real the flying scenes are in that film.

and all the hate on this film / characters has gotten so TIRED. not even out yet and full of haters.

guess it doesn't matter. the film will still make tons of $$$
    Last edited by carlo; July 3, 2015 at 06:17pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

and is it just me, or does WWs face kind of look paris hiltony? maybe that's why i'm not buying the warrior look.
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    and is it just me, or does WWs face kind of look paris hiltony? maybe that's why i'm not buying the warrior look.
    Pretty sure its just you.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i love the cover of the mag.. WW looks HOT in that well lit colored pic.

hey ZACH.. u better film justice league in full bright color.. no more dull grayish tone.

take some MAJOR tips from james cameron's Avatar. Look how bright n real the flying scenes are in that film.

and all the hate on this film / characters has gotten so TIRED. not even out yet and full of haters.

I understand the hate or caution that is coming with these movies.

Man of Steel, which was no "Iron Man with RDJ", still has mixed reactions and the DC Cinematic Universe is unproven so far. They lack the automatic trust and goodwill that the Marvel movies have.

- - - Updated - - -

Gal Gadot was a member of the Israeli National Army. You don't become a member of the armed forces for being soft...

The Blonde Teela Thread

I understand the hate or caution that is coming with these movies.

Man of Steel, which was no "Iron Man with RDJ", still has mixed reactions and the DC Cinematic Universe is unproven so far. They lack the automatic trust and goodwill that the Marvel movies have.

- - - Updated - - -

Gal Gadot was a member of the Israeli National Army. You don't become a member of the armed forces for being soft...
    All I ever heard her being was a runway and fashion model. and the fact that she's never really acted before. you'd think they'd pump that angle up a bit.
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Anything with Batman in the title makes money, yes. MOS was still a huge disappointment to WB who expected to be it's "Iron Man" which it wasn't. It's universally hated just a s much as it is liked. WB had to add Batman to the sequel and cancel Superman 2, which was mentioned several times by Snyder before MOS release, so the movie wouldn't tank. They NEEDED Batman in this movie to save it. Superman isn't "money" like Batman is.

I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again, even bad movies make money just look at the Bay Transformer movies. Even Bay himself says that they're mostly crap.

Or even look at Iron Man 3 which most didn't like but still made tons of money.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an additional link with more stuff...

The costume designs aren't that bad but the colors are atrocious. The reds on WW and SM are way too dull. Just imagine how bad it will look after it gets "syndered" and the filter is added.

All I ever heard her being was a runway and fashion model. and the fact that she's never really acted before. you'd think they'd pump that angle up a bit.
    She was in Fast and Furious 5 and 6. She can do action.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Anything with Batman in the title makes money, yes. MOS was still a huge disappointment to WB who expected to be it's "Iron Man" which it wasn't. It's universally hated just a s much as it is liked. WB had to add Batman to the sequel and cancel Superman 2, which was mentioned several times by Snyder before MOS release, so the movie wouldn't tank. They NEEDED Batman in this movie to save it. Superman isn't "money" like Batman is.
    [/COLOR]
    that's because no one really got superman except for the first two films. returns was too moody and depressing. steel had no emotion at all and was just a bash fest. you need a director who understands him and can humanize him so we can relate.
    Geek Media -