Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Batman / Superman Movie Thread (Dawn of Justice)

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Looks pretty good. Now where is that motu movie.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Yeah, because director's for DC's movies will have so much more control, right?

I hate to break this to you, but DC can be considered just as brainless as Marvel.
    We'll wait and see,
    I only wish to see good superhero movies, thats it marvel fans
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    We'll wait and see,
    WOW! One sided

I'm glad I grew up watching the films and TV the cartoons,toys & comics from BOTH companies......I've old enough to remember watching the Superfriends and the first Spider-Man series on TV as a kid...Different times I guess....

We'll wait and see,

We don't have to wait and see. MOS pretty much summed up what the DCCU will be.

It's like watching a comic book film that was created in the post Keene Act world of Watchmen.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    psh...if you really want to make comparisons then do them properly:

IRON MAN - first Marvel cinematic universe film
    Domestic: $318,412,101
    Foreign: $266,762,121
    Worldwide: $585,174,222

MAN OF STEEL - first DC cinematic universe film
    Domestic: $291,045,518
    Foreign: $377,000,000
    Worldwide: $668,045,518
    Unfortunately (for DC Fans), if we're talking about how these movies will be remembered:

Iron Man will be remembered as a runaway success because it was fun, witty, action-packed, and humorous (i.e. comic-bookesque)

Man of Steel will forever be remembered as the movie where Superman KILLS another person (and has little regard for the city he is decimating).... in his first movie-outing no less. (NOT very comic-bookesque)

And, to be fair, I was comparing the box office numbers of the latest of the Marvel and DC movies.
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

We'll wait and see,
    Sure, enjoy your "good" movies while Marvel fans have been enjoying great movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Unfortunately (for DC Fans), if we're talking about how these movies will be remembered:

Iron Man will be remembered as a runaway success because it was fun, witty, action-packed, and humorous (i.e. comic-bookesque)

Man of Steel will forever be remembered as the movie where Superman KILLS another person (and has little regard for the city he is decimating).... in his first movie-outing no less. (NOT very comic-bookesque)

And, to be fair, I was comparing the box office numbers of the latest of the Marvel and DC movies.
    I don't have a problem with the villain killing, he's done that before in the 40s comics by not saving them if they jump off a cliff. I DO have a problem with him not flying away from the city so the damage can be minimized. even reeves superman stopped thefight after a while,and even then, he kept it small scale damage.

(and yes,I realize that was limited to the effects of the time, but still.... you didn't see him flying through buildings)

Hell, even the dragonball Z action scenes mention taking the fight away from the city when they do fight near one, and that's what this battle reminded me of.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Arguably. Some people loved MOS and some people hated it.

Man of Steel did it's job and made everyone forget about Superman Returns. Superman saved people in Returns, but that's all he did. Some fans complained that Superman didn't hit anyone, one of the staples in Superman adventures, as well as saving people.

In the DCCU, Superman doesn't have the Kryptonian imprisonment options that his comic counterpart does. It was also his first day on the job. I could actually see the more experienced Batman criticizing the rookie Superman's tactics of fighting villains in populated areas. I'll say that it's good that Supes will be held accountable for his actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I don't have a problem with the villain killing, he's done that before in the 40s comics by not saving them if they jump off a cliff. I DO have a problem with him not flying away from the city so the damage can be minimized. even reeves superman stopped thefight after a while,and even then, he kept it small scale damage.

(and yes,I realize that was limited to the effects of the time, but still.... you didn't see him flying through buildings)

Hell, even the dragonball Z action scenes mention taking the fight away from the city when they do fight near one, and that's what this battle reminded me of.
    They DID wind up in space, away from the city. Zod took the fight back down to Earth. And that was the threat of Zod...he's military trained, the more experienced fighter and getting more powerful by the second. He learned how to FLY in that fight. It's like YOU trying to throw a Green Beret out of YOUR house.

The problem was Superman's inexperience.

Darn...it's happening again isn't it? Man of Steel STILL creates debates to this day....

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Man of Steel did it's job and made everyone forget about Superman Returns.
    Oh, I remember Superman Returns...unfortunately.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!