Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Batman / Superman Movie Thread (Dawn of Justice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSI2w1Q_PXk

This review def is what I agree with...

I'm waiting for the headline to read. "Snyder quit due to fan pressure that he SUCKS.. or WB just replaced him once and for all"
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    I really enjoyed Superman: Man of Steel (2013); definitely the best Superman film, with an amazing story, great effects, incredible casting, and an good story. And, this is coming from someone who grew up with the original Chris Reeve Superman films back in the day.

So, I really wanted to like Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice when I saw it on Blu-ray a while back, since it took place in the same 'universe' as MOS, and they were using the same Superman actor.

However, as much as I wanted to like the movie, I really hated it - it was one of the biggest pieces of garbage I've ever seen - and I've seen a lot of bad movies.

My reasons:

1) Terrible casting for Batman; Ben Afflek is not a good actor, and was a awful choice for Bruce Wayne; there were a plethora of other actors who would have been better in the role. This ruined the film to a great extent.

2) Superman just standing around as everyone around him was being incinerated during the senate hearings (when he was being set up to make it look like he did it). Why didn't he try to save any of those people?! Very uncharacteristic....

3) The idea that Batman would only stop trying to kill Superman because their mothers had the same first name?! Give me a break...

4) The Doomsday in this film was, visually, an extremely watered-down & unimpressive version of the character from the comic; sure, he was powerful, but very boring appearance-wise. They should have made him look more like Doomsday from the comic. I.e., the film version of Doomsday just looks like a generic alien; the comic book character - with the head & body spikes, etc. is much more menacing & original. When I first read "The Death of Superman" comic in '92 this Doomsday was convincing as a bad guy who was more than a match for Superman. Conversely, I did not get that impression with the film character.

5) In at least some Lex Luthor comic book "origins", Lex Luthor had hair when he was younger, and it all fell out in some kind of accident (that he blamed Superman for). So, I thought it was a real cop-out to have Lex have a full head of hair in the movie, and then just have it shaved off when it went to prison. Not the same thing - they should have stuck with the original (or similar) origin for the hair loss...

I typically like DC movies/TV shows a lot more than Marvel ones, since I think the film-makers typically do a much better job of translating DC heroes to live action films/TV shows than Marvel films. However, this B V S movie was an exception...i.e., exceptionally bad!
    Last edited by man-e-faces; May 16, 2017 at 12:41pm.

Heroic Warrior
    still haven't seen the movie. never wanted to.

but I did just watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post

but I did just watch this.
    Save your sanity, protect your mental images of these Superheroes, and don't watch this movie.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    A good friend of mine said that he fell asleep halfway through it. Later, he had no desire at all to finish it.

As I've said, they have SUPERMAN and BATMAN together in a movie....it should have been just awesome and had people standing up and cheering. But instead, it was dark, dreary, depressing, confusing, and just pointless. To most Civilians, this was just a mess. They just didn't understand BATMAN wanting to murder SUPERMAN. The average person seeing the movie was not a comic reader. It was just plain stupid to take a story from so deep into the heroes mythos that most Civilians could not relate to it. It would be like a person starting a new TV series with season 4 rather than at the beginning.

As my friend said, he didn't like or care at all about the 2 main characters in the movie. How messed up is that??
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 8, 2017 at 02:15pm.
    Odd Man Out

Well, I have seen the movie. While I didn't exactly hate it, I thought it could have been better. I thought that the Animated Series starring the two heroes did a much better "Batman meets Superman" movie than this.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"It was the time of the preacher..."
    - Willie Nelson, "Time of the Preacher"