Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Batman / Superman Movie Thread (Dawn of Justice)

Heroic Warrior
    You glad there is humor in this one as some thought that DC made a "No joke" policy to their movies? i mean Luthor Jr. being like Riddler with his humor. It's cause of a better writer this time you know.

And some of you thought DC is trying to ape the dark age of comics of the 1990s while Marvel Studios with Fox's X-Men goes for the 60s/70s/80s style of comics for film. Do you remember the dark age of comics?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I found this fan edit of the trailer that's 100% better than the official trailer.

Transparently Yours,

Bonehead

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I found this fan edit of the trailer that's 100% better than the official trailer.
    Now that is how you market the movie

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Not only is this edit a better trailer, it should just be considered the entire movie and spare everyone the agony of more t.v.spots and "teasers", lol..

Man, the more and more I see these BvS commercials (and there are a LOT during playoff football), the worse this movie looks... and I caught a glimpse of the Aquaman figure at Target yesterday... oh, man... it looks baaaaaaad, lol.
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Not only is this edit a better trailer, it should just be considered the entire movie and spare everyone the agony of more t.v.spots and "teasers", lol..

Man, the more and more I see these BvS commercials (and there are a LOT during playoff football), the worse this movie looks... and I caught a glimpse of the Aquaman figure at Target yesterday... oh, man... it looks baaaaaaad, lol.
    But what if this movie turns out good since it's done by a good writer and could be better than the trailers showed?

Heroic Warrior
    Face it. There will never be a good comic book film( or tv series )--also applies to any nostalgic franchise or property really--so long as overgrown fanboys like jj abrams, zak Snyder , bryan singer , Damon lindelof, Roberto orci , kurtzman , Geoff johns, greg berlanti, andrew kreisberg et al are put in charge.

They don't--or possibly can't--write well enough. They don't set out to craft a solid story with interesting characters. Rather it's all about Easter eggs, namedropping , stealing ideas from predecessors, an excessive approach to storytelling wherein ridiculously fast pacing, loads of head spinning action and too many characters and ideas are thrown into the mix without a fully formed idea what to do with all of them. They bank on fans willing to be so ecstatic and preoccupied by getting to see so and so live onscreen that fans will forget or ignore an incoherent, illogical poorly paced script where character actions are suspect and motives aren't supplied

We are dealing with a generation of writers. Who are lazy and inept. Gone sadly are the days of real pride and skill in ones writing and craftsmanship. I can honestly say pop culture film and tv is pretty awful.

Oh and now George clooney isn't worst actor to be cast as batman any longer thanks to the horrible choice of affleck. Can't take batman serious at all in this film
    Last edited by degra; January 11, 2016 at 01:14am.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Face it. There will never be a good comic book film( or tv series )--also applies to any nostalgic franchise or property really--so long as overgrown fanboys like jj abrams, zak Snyder , bryan singer , Damon lindelof, Roberto orci , kurtzman , Geoff johns, greg berlanti, andrew kreisberg et al are put in charge.

They don't--or possibly can't--write well enough. They don't set out to craft a solid story with interesting characters. Rather it's all about Easter eggs, namedropping , stealing ideas from predecessors, an excessive approach to storytelling wherein ridiculously fast pacing, loads of head spinning action and too many characters and ideas are thrown into the mix without a fully formed idea what to do with all of them. They bank on fans willing to be so ecstatic and preoccupied by getting to see so and so live onscreen that fans will forget or ignore an incoherent, illogical poorly paced script where character actions are suspect and motives aren't supplied

We are dealing with a generation of writers. Who are lazy and inept. Gone sadly are the days of real pride and skill in ones writing and craftsmanship. I can honestly say pop culture film and tv is pretty awful.

Oh and now George clooney isn't worst actor to be cast as batman any longer thanks to the horrible choice of affleck. Can't take batman serious at all in this film
    But Zack did well with Watchmen as the graphic novel as a movie has been in development hell since 1987 through studios even in the 90s with Terry Gilliam, Darren Arfoskonsky and more but glad he made the movie now with the proper technology to do justice to Alan Moore's classic novel as he is a fan of the source material.

You don't think Ben can deliver as Batman from the looks of the trailer.

Well Marvel is ran by comic fans and they are in control of their propeties even hire fans of the source material.

Heroic Warrior
    No. Affleck in my opinion was horribly horribly horribly miscast and that alone seriously undermines the film for me

Watchmen was alright.

I'm not saying fanboys cant do justice to a comic or nostalgic property. I'm just saying that so far the ones who have tried failed miserably. I'm not a big fan of the marvel films to be honest. They suffer from the same issues--style over substance, ridiculous pacing, fast and furious hard to follow action sequences, poorly drawn villains with poorly explored motivations, forced and chemistry lacking romance shoehorned in, all over the place plotting anticlimatic endings questionable casting

Same issues plague comic book tv properties like cw flash or cw arrow or super girl. Too fastly paced, too many disparate plotlines crammed into a single hour doing justice to none, angst and plenty of plotholes. The only thing I see enjoyable about them is the fact that reverse flash, grodd, weather wizard, zoom, Dr light, red tornado actually made it onto the screen. That counts for something I suppose but then after that euphoria passes its as though the writers thought that was enough--forget cohesiveness, forget coherent scripts, forget likeable engaging characters, well developed plotlines' with a through line If anything to me the 21 st century entertainment industry is best described as recycled, excessive and vacuous.

Im not even asking for something profound. I'd settle for a guilty bit of pure entertainment but they can't even muster that in my opinion. Agents of shield, flash, agent carter, Gotham, Constantine, smallville, arrow, supergirl, total bores. Iron man 3, Thor, Thor 2, man of steel. Meh

And I even view the Nolan batman triogy as underwhelming. By grounding the franchise in realism it rendered it as nothing more than a generic action film. The films just went in and on and on. With one long action set piece after another. The villains were plot devices or mere afterthoughts(is two-face). The romance was lacking any chemistry despite recasting the horrible Katie Holmes with the equally dour Maggie gyllenhal which gutted the whole tragic loss that sets uo the dark knight rises

Give me burton batman any day. It had flair , style panache and loads of comic book atmosphere. Totally entertaining films

Same applies to Abrams orci kurtzman with star trek and star trek into darkness. Or the force awakens or Julie plec with tomorrow people. Instead of setting out to write a well written film and using elements to serve the story they are content to start out with the elements and namedropping. And just try to form something that passes as a story around them
    Last edited by degra; January 11, 2016 at 09:42pm.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    Be glad the 21st century can make comics come to life with the proper technology, i mean no way would Spider-Man been done in the 80s and 90s.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes cgi is one of the few bright spots I suppose but I would take a fun exciting script over cgi any day. I actually miss motion control cinematography and models. Sadly they have become a lost art with the overreliance on CGI everything. Heck CBS super girl couldn't even let Martian manhunter be a live action character with the use of makeup and prosthetics. Instead he was cgi rendered boo!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Yes cgi is one of the few bright spots I suppose but I would take a fun exciting script over cgi any day. I actually miss motion control cinematography and models. Sadly they have become a lost art with the overreliance on CGI everything. Heck CBS super girl couldn't even let Martian manhunter be a live action character with the use of makeup and prosthetics. Instead he was cgi rendered boo!
    How come you don't diss Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park on CGI?

DEGRA hates everything.. dont invite him to any of the ur super-hero theme parties cause he will be a debby-downer the whole time

btw, i think spider-man could have been made in the 80's IF a good director would have been filled with, also the production company handling the project.

look at superman in the 70's, Real work went into that film, models. cranes, lots of wires, but it worked. not overblown CGI these days like everything is.

one thing i love nolan movies is that he dislikes CGI and only uses it when its absolutely necessary.

i wish cameron would direct JL. omg. you imagine the colors and direction he would take that film.. but we got 300 obsessed snyder
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't hate everything. I do look down on most of what has come out in terms of popular culture in this new century from music to television to movies

Pretty much around 2001 for me pop culture started a steady decline to mediocrity. The real turning point though was when LOST premiered in 2004. It ushered in an era of copycats mimicking and adopting that jj Abrams storytelling style with excess the name of the game.

Why have a modest ensemble cast let's have ten thousand characters? Why have a handful of manageable linear arcs let's have a gazillion non linear plots that require Wikipedia and diagrams to follow? Why have a season long arc that is self contained like we used to let's have a series spanning arc that requires lots of fillers and drawing things out years on end only to end with a thud? It also was where we saw the idea of more scenes but less to them leaving it up to the audience to fill in the blanks or imagine fall out because the writers cared more about cramming as much as they can in without dramatizing onscreen the important stuff. Plus this century has a bad habit of having entertainment scream pretentiousness in its attempts to seem Deep or Provocative--emphasis on seem. Plus it tried to be all things to everybody which was a mistake imo Then bay came along it just turned cinema into nothing but sound and fury

But the 70s, 80s, 90s love love love. Gremlins, goonies, superman, , Indiana jones, original Star Wars, Star Trek wrath of khan, Star Trek voyage home, warlock, back to the future, ghostbusters, top gun, Keaton batman,Beverly Hills cop, ruthless people, down and out in Beverly Hills, Keaton batman returns, adventures in babysitting, jumping jack flash, ET, Labrythne, flight of the navigator, beetle juice, deep space nine, Star Trek voyager, Dallas, dynasty, Halloween, silence of the lambs, Friday the 13th the tv series, hill street blues, at elsewhere, Roseanne, cheers, golden girls, Independence Day, melrose place, 90210, x files, west batman, music video playing mtv and on and on love to pieces

Bay transformers, LOST, Heroes, fringe, empire, blindspot, smallville, Constantine, gotham, flash, arrow, agebts of shield, true blood, true detective, once upon a time, desperate housewives, greys anatomy, prison break, under the dome, extant, falling skies, Nolan batman trilogy, superman returns, nu star trek fil franchise, Star Wars prequels, force awakens, nu Halloween, zak Snyder, Abrams, orci, kurtzman, singer, Geoff johns, nu 52 dc comics, , spiderman films, nu nightmare elm street, V reboot, x men film franchise, fantastic four films, American horror story, Dallas reboot, supergirl, game of thrones, lady gaga, Taylor swift, justin bieber, Beyoncé, Jennifer Lawrence, Channing Tatum, Ben afffleck, kardashians etc. you can have em cause I don't want em
    Last edited by degra; January 13, 2016 at 08:04pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think X-files was one of the first times I noticed that. It was a show I watched casually, but missed quite a bit. Still, I understood the 'concept' and the characters...

when they launched that first movie as a giant x-file event, I was pretty excited... till I saw it and had NO idea what the heck I was watching. Too many lose threads, too many unsolved mysteries... just... too much. Compare it to any of the other episodic shows out there like Star Trek (any) or anything else where if you know the characters, the movies were very self-contained.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes the x files mythology was a mess although it started out interestingly but it wasn't fundamentally present every week. It was a big mystery but usually only in sweep two partners rest of the time enjoyable standalone episodes. X files could still be looked back on as a good series despite the mythology and an awful final 2.5 seasons. lost on the otherhand really had to be viewed as a whole cuz of its interconnected and how it ended ruined it in my opinion. Also x files was an open ended series that didn't have a limited premise. Almost all tv series nowadays has a very limited narrow premise and not a lot of life in them. They can only sustain running a season or two before ending--most though get cancelled long before then(Alcatraz, V reboot, Deception, Rubicon, Persons Unknown, Identity, Believe, Crisis, Hostages, Resurrection, flash forward, the event, whispers, messengers, etc)
    Last edited by degra; January 13, 2016 at 08:15pm.

wow, this thread just crashed into.. well something .. ..
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    wow, this thread just crashed into.. well something .. ..
    He's just stuck in the past.