Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Batman / Superman Movie Thread (Dawn of Justice)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/08/batman-v-superman-new-release-date-warner-bros-dc/

It looks like WB really is afraid of Marvel and the little old mouse.
    afraid or not.. i would have moved it also.. why even bother having two big films on the same day? i never got that. i rather move it and get all the money another weekend. CA 2 was awesome, but if both films would have opened on the same day.. i would have watch BvS first, then CA 3.

We have B n Sups for the first time on film, whom is gonna pass that up first?! i'm not that's for sure. I'm looking forward to it, but i will add that if this epic duo movie is kinda ok like MOS.. i want ZACH S OUT!!!! grrr..

WB.. offer NOLAN or some other huge director 100 million dollars to direct JL

i wont be suprised if BvS is moved to x-mas 2015. March is off for WB to release a HUGE movie like BvS, u think? i guess they want all the media to report.. THIS IS THE BIGGEST OPENING IN THE MONTH OF MARCH EVER! 300 MILLION OPENING WEEKEND
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    CA 2 was awesome, but if both films would have opened on the same day.. i would have watch BvS first, then CA 3.

We have B n Sups for the first time on film, whom is gonna pass that up first?! i'm not that's for sure.
    I'm looking forward to Captain America 3 more. I find Marvel's movies a lot more enjoyable, and i'm growing a little tired of DC's "dark & gritty" live action films. If Batman V Superman gets glowing reviews i'll go & see it, but after Man of Steel (and recent comments made by David Goyer) i'm not sure the folks in charge "get" the source material.

I'd like to watch a fun movie from DC again. IMO, there hasn't been one since the Burton Batman films.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i wont be surprised if BvS is moved to x-mas 2015.
    That would place it up against Star Wars VII. Not gonna happen.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm happy with the date, as we'll get to see it sooner!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    WB: We Blinked.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Good for WB, to end the measuring contest. Yes, it will give some of the Marvelites some bizarre satisfaction that WB wasn't willing to divide the weekend, but ultimately, WB's making the smart move.

I'm very excited to hear more about what these other movies in their slate will be. Now that it's looking more and more like an actual Justice League movie will become a reality, it's starting to really catch my interest.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

WB has recently announced the following scheduled upcoming films:

o “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (March 2016)
    o “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (August 2016)
    o “Wonder Woman,” (June 2017)
    o “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (November 2017)
    o “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (March 2018)
    o “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (July 2018)
    o “Shazam” (April 2019)
    o “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (June 2019)
    o “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (April 2020)
    o “Green Lantern” (June 2020)

I think this is a train wreck. Bat vs Sup and JL movies would do fine, but I highly doubt about the others. Besides, it seems that they are going to wait how Batfleck and Supervill would do at the box office to green light their individual films
    Last edited by Rhanen; October 15, 2014 at 02:13pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I should be excited as all get out over that list, but Warner's DC movies have fallen flat for me. Begins is the only one of the Nolan Bat movies I liked; Dark Knight I never even bothered getting on DVD. MOS was dark and uninvolving, so unless I get a real charge out of this next one, I don't know how thrilled I'll be about the others. Warners has done a good job on TV with GA and Flash, putting them in the same universe but giving the shows and characters very different tones. THat needs to happen in the movies, as well (think of the tonal difference between Cap 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy). Making everything dark and gritty isn't going to work for characters like Flash or Shazam.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I am cautiously optimistic about all this - if nothing else, we finally have a Wonder Woman movie in the works. It'll be nice to looking forward to seeing the developments on these projects - and also nice to see DC actually committing to it. It's an aggressive six-year plan, but I'd rather have them try with these rather than doing a Batman movie every couple of years and then thinking about maybe talking about possibly discussing dipping a toe into the waters of their other characters.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I'm taking the whole list with a massive grain of salt.

One underperforming film and you know the whole thing will change - again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post

o “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (November 2017)
    o “Shazam” (April 2019)

What an ambitious plan but man! they're so late in the game at this point;
    so it means Suicide Squad will be a direct answer to GOTG ?
    Aquaman solo-movie in july? great! but it should have come out in April; isnt a bit too risky to launch this character in the middle of the summer season? Dates are supposed to change I guess
    Green Lantern reboot in 2020? thats way a long wait! So basically ryan reynolds 2011' movie is now put to pasture? What a shame....what a mess.....
    also they planned 2 Justice League movies ? long overdue indeed
    Ugh, hope they know what they're doing, I wish nothing than the best for DC (I'm not so much into marvel expect for spider man, iron man or thor )
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post

o “Shazam” (April 2019)

I think this is a train wreck. Bat vs Sup and JL movies would do fine, but I highly doubt about the others. Besides, it seems that they are going to wait how Batfleck and Supervill would do at the box office to green light their individual films

I wish I could be excited but despite being a huge DC fan, I'm not.

If these films are going to be anything like Man Of Steel was, I want no part of them. MOS was pure crap IMO. More Zack Snyder DC films....nope. Aquaman is the only one I am interested in and that's more to do with Jason Momoa. Casting him was a great choice. On the flip side, the other casting choices have been horrible.

I'm done with the angry superhero movies. DC films are like the opposite of Marvel's where they're fun.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Looking forward to them!!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I think they're playing it safe by having the solo Wonder Woman film come after DOJ, which will no doubt be a big hit (basically, it will make a billion at a minimum). Basically all the solo films (Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and Green Lantern) are coming after the star characters would have appeared elsewhere, in films that will likely be very successful (DOJ and JL). So I think things will work out alright. DC and WB seem to have finally gotten their act together. Seem being the operative word. We’ll see.

Oh, and the Green Lantern film should be mostly set in space. I'm sure the success of GOTG would have given WB and DC food for thought. Hopefully, at least.

at this point, i'm just glad they have them listed as coming.. though i'm still not happy with zack directing all the top films.. but hey he might blow us away this time around. i was not so thrilled with MOS. here's hoping for a major improvement.

and with hans z on board for the soundtrack for DOJ is even sweeter
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

They should just do green lantern 2 with Ryan Reynolds already. Keep that tone. Have that follow DOJ.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Oh, and the Green Lantern film should be mostly set in space. I'm sure the success of GOTG would have given WB and DC food for thought. Hopefully, at least.
    Disagree

Green Lantern in space is BOOOORING...

1) The whole blasted movie would be CGI at that point...

2) There's nothing less heroic then being around a whole bunch of people who have the exact same powers as you do... It keeps him in the 'rookie' mode and doesn't let him be awesome. Get him away from the other 3600 ring slingers, and let him do something against drastically different opponents.