Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman / Superman Movie Thread (Dawn of Justice)

Heroic Warrior
    This should be an awesome crossover and now we need Parasite or Brainiac in this sequel along with either Killer Croc or BlackMask.

Could be the right path to lead to Justice League
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; July 24, 2013 at 06:02am.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I'm very scared about this movie. It can be the end of DC Comics films or their greatest success.

I'm excited but concerned that no Nolan is attached to the the script.
    I'm also concerned about who shall be Batman. I'd like to think that based that he has worked with Snyder already in Watchmen, Matthew Goode can be the new Batman. I'd also think that Rupert Friend can pull up a great Bruce Wayne but I doubt about him being Batman.

In any case, there won't be a great cast for Batman family as it has been in DK Trilogy. There won't be another Jim Gordon or Alfred as good as Oldman or Caine or their portray are going to have such deep interpretations
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Yea Bale is out as Batman and Nolan has his hands on this...(Shudder) sorry but he has killed Batman except for one film...DKR

Reality based is what's killing DC's movies compared to Marvel's approach on what it's supossed to be...

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    This should be interesting.

I wasn't entirely thrilled with Man of Steel, and the same director is helming this. It was too much like Batman Begins to me (I liked Begins, but it worked for Batman... not so much for Superman). And the crazy thing is that the Batman in this film will likely be a 'reboot' of the character since Bale won't return. Hopefully it will be good, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Having the same director is a mixed blessing for me, as I wasn't impressed by MOS (great effects, lousy character development). But what I want to hear is that there will be a different cameraman for this film, one who actually knows what a steadycam is, so that I don't need to take something for motion sickness before entering the theater for a 2D showing. I still haven't seen the end of the flick because of the "Blair Witch" syndrome that strikes right before Zod lands.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

i've wanted to see superman and batman on screen in a big budget movie since i was a child, however...

• i really wish they would have let superman stand on his own for at least one more film.
    • this really feels like WB is throwing up their hands and saying "MOS didn't break a billion! we gotta get batman back up on screen pronto! he's the only superhero we have any faith towards raking in that sweet, sweet, avengers style money!"
    • snyder has stated in the past that he is more of a batman guy, which was part of his hesitance toward making a superman movie. i don't want yet another story that makes batman mega-awesome while making superman look like a chump (as the dark knight returns did).

...that said, there are cool things that can be explored. being the proactive guy that batman is, it does make some sense that if he felt superman was a threat that needed to be dealt with, that he would step in ASAP(which could make it acceptable that superman doesn't get a solo sequel).

also, if lex luthor is part of the story, then there's another in for batman, as he and bruce wayne float in the same circles. man, i hope this will be good and not come off as a soulless cash-grab or WB being in too much of a hurry to get to JL.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Batman casting call for this movie has begun. Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin are at the top of the charts. Matthew Goode is around there also.

Who do you picture as the new Batman? I¡m intrigued to know what direction DC is going to take with the character
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Karl Urbann is my dream pick. Gosling would be horrible. Brolin is too old unless they're going for an older Batman.

I am sorry that Luthor hasn't already been established in this continuity now that they're bringing in Batman and (I would guess) Bruce Wayne. I mean it's their game to play as they wish but to my way of thinking it would have been better to introduce Luthor even in a Senator Palpatine kind of way in MoS than bringing him in at the same time as Batman/Bruce Wayne. Then again, maybe they won't include Luthor much at all on screen. Again, it's their game unfortunately.

I have nothing against a younger Batman again as some casting rumors suggest (I really doubt Gosling will ever star in a franchise until he's older and has a Depp-esque change of heart), but I kind of like the idea of Batman being older especially since it means he'd have to be already established (though probably not officially acknowledged). Plus it means Nightwing could already exist in the new JLA-related continuity they're starting. Obviously they just aren't going to show Bruce raising Grayson on screen. That just doesn't seem to be an acceptable subplot in a series of Batman movies. Of course if they fail to include Nightwing/Grayson, I'll call the older Batman a wasted opportunity completely on that front. So far though only Gerard Butler kind of sounds good to me. I am not in favor of George W. Bush/Brand the oldest Goonie/failed Johna Hex as Batman, but they'll cast who they cast.

Karl Urban isn't bad but I assume he's tied up with that Almost Human TV show in the fall. I hope he'll get to play Judge Dredd again more than him playing Batman.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 5, 2013 at 03:43pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure about the casting rumours so far. Of those currently rumoured, I'd probably be inclined to go with Matthew Goode. I don't see Ryan Goslin being interested in the role. And I think Josh Brolin is too old.

I'd be surprised if they go with a long-established Batman. IF Batman was a widely known "hero" at the time of Man of Steel, then I would have expected someone to reference him. Especially as this version of Batman will have needed to previously battled super-powered villains if he's going to stand any chance of fighting alongside Superman.

Also, I would have thought that WB/DC would want a Batman that they could spin-off into a stand-alone trilogy, not to mention a trilogy of Justice League films. That indicates they would need someone a little younger than Josh Brolin. Unless, as others mentioned, the older Batman will introduce Nightwing or another "sidekick" to substitute for Batman in the spin-off films.

Based on what they are thinking, Superman will be the first ever public superhero. Batman was probably working in the shadows, as an urban legend.

Yes, I thought of that immediately! I heard it was brought up as a possible film years ago, then rejected, and now set to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldkardde View Post
    For some reason, I immediately thought of this from I am Legend:

Attachment 86281

Am I the only one?

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I'd be surprised if they go with a long-established Batman. IF Batman was a widely known "hero" at the time of Man of Steel, then I would have expected someone to reference him. Especially as this version of Batman will have needed to previously battled super-powered villains if he's going to stand any chance of fighting alongside Superman.
    I read somewhere that Snyder said that this Batman will be established, there's nothing wrong with Batman being this way either. And there's no reason he has to have fought against super-powered villains either, as mentioned, he may be the urban legend that finally gets some credence to draw Lane or Kent to Gotham.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

I think it's important for the new Batman to have fought or at least be capable of fighting super-powered villains. Otherwise, how will it be credible for Batman to stand amongst Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern when they battle whatever super-powered or alien menace they fight in Justice League? The various Arkham games have a Batman that is based in "realism" but with enough skills and sufficient technology to battle all sorts of super-powered foes. That's the kind of Batman I hope we see in the shared DC Universe.

Ben Affleck cast as Batman

Heroic Warrior
    Yikes! I'm a little surprised by that choice.

I know DC/WB expected Man of Steel to perform better, but is Ben Affleck really going to draw people to Superman/Batman? I pretty much considered him to be a director now instead of an actor. And even as an actor, did he ever have enough star power to support a major blockbuster?

And would Affleck have agreed to a major multi-picture deal? Or are we going to see yet another actor cast as Batman in the stand-alone Batman movies? That's if they keep Affleck for Justice League or Trinity, although surely they would have locked him in for at least one or two more films.

All very odd. But, I'm hopeful that it will work out well, otherwise the promised DC movie universe may never happen and I need to see Wonder Woman on the big-screen!

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    All very odd. But, I'm hopeful that it will work out well, otherwise the promised DC movie universe may never happen and I need to see Wonder Woman on the big-screen!
    Just don't give her stripper makeup please, WB..learn from your tv mistake
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Eek, I'm not sure about Ben as Batman.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

What!!!

Please tell me today is april 1!
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

could be worse they could get Adam Sandler to play robin :P oh wait I dunno if that would be worse !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Well... I'm still looking forward to it. I never had a problem with Affleck to begin with... and he's really only gotten better over the years.

Daredevil had some rough patches... but they were mostly script, direction, and focus issues. The director cut that moved around some scenes, cut down on the Elektra sequel setup and added more Murdock scenese was pretty awesome!

But I think the most important thing is... after Bale, WHO would the fans have NOT complained about??

it's like trying to follow Heath Ledger's Joker... Anyone could do it fine... but coming off THAT kind of acclaim?? Who wants to do that?!?

It's a bizarre choice considering Affleck is barely a relevant "good actor". He's a fantastic director and to his credit, he's good in the movies he himself directs. But Batman in the post Nolan and Marvel Studios universe? It's an outdated casting choice. They could have done better. Feels like they are Val Kilmering and George Clooneying this position.

It seems like the biggest wasted opportunity to re-cast Batman. I just don't buy him as Batman. I'll need to see it. My dream pick Karl Urban I already 100% believe as Batman and I could name about four other guys who I feel the same about. It just screams George Clooney Bats.

Anyways, now that's it's done. I think he'll be an okay Batman. I mean about as good as he did as Daredevil performance wise. I doubt he'll pull a Heath Ledger and show us something we never expected. The only good news for him is that the world has the lowest expectations ever for him as Batman, so the bar isn't that high in that respect.

Everyone on social media had the same reaction on my feed and message boards I frequent. Somewhere between "WTF!" and "nooooooo!".

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'll have to wait and see. Its a strange choice, but I'm open minded about it.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Lion face! Lemon face! Lion face! Lemon face!
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    THe problem is that Affleck is NOT Batman. He might be able to pull off Wayne, but not Batman. They might as well have just brought George Clooney back for the role, as it is the same thing.

It also doesn't help that there are no more DC movies for the next two years to build up this universe. Of course, this casting clearly shows that WB has no idea how to handle the DC universe in live action format. They should just stick to tv series and animated movies. Hell, they should just start doing full blown theatrical animated movies so that their DTVs can start being two hour long stories.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.