Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 248

Thread: Who is Matty bringing back?

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    215

    Who is Matty bringing back?

    I read somewhere that Stratos is coming back in September, but this is not posted on the Matty news page. Do we have any news as to who may return before 2013 is over?

    Amazon has various auctions of Teela, Shadoweaver, Sorceress and Fisto listing between $150-$350! These things are not made out of solid gold. I know Shadoweaver was an exclusive, but what about the others which are now going for so much online?

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Morbebanur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Soeul South Korea
    Posts
    728
    Only one that might be back is Teela. Shadoweaver will never return. Fisto was underproduce so I do not see him coming back. Not sure on Sorceress.

  3. #3
    Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Green Glade
    Posts
    1,284
    Stratos is listed on the Matty page

    "Toy Fans,
    Fans have had her in their sights for a long, long time, and she’s finally here! This month the Huntress is ready to take aim against injustice when she and her crossbow arrive for Club Infinite Earths, along with Batros™, Sky High with Jet Sled™, The Comedian and more! Get all the details…
    Early Access

    Thurs 9/12 at 8am PT thru Fri 9/13 at 8am PT (subscribers only)

    Products Available: DCU Poison Ivy, MOTUC Stratos®

    All Access
    Monday 9/16 at 9am PT
    DCU Huntress (Club Infinite Earths figure)
    MOTUC Batros™ (Club Filmation figure)
    MOTUC Sky High with Jet Sled™
    Watchmen The Comedian (Club Black Freighter figure)
    Note
    There will be no Club Eternia® figure in September. There will be two Club Eternia® figures in October: Lord Dactus™ & Mantenna®
    September Subscription Key Dates
    Subscriptions Renew/Cards Charged: Starting Wednesday 9/11
    Subscription Orders Ship: Starting Friday 9/13
    Want an email reminder? Click here to register. Or, join me on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums and you’ll get reminders there, too.
    –Matty"
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

  4. #4
    NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,918
    There wasn't enough fistos even for subscribers, but cherry pickers like me had the chance to buy one at the time

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Pottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    335
    I need a Shadow Weaver.

    Matty can bring her back anytime, but it will never happen!!!

    What a bummer!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

    https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior koolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    136
    I'm still hopeful Beast-Man will make a comeback.

    beastman.JPG

    Based on the matty site, his status is 'Currently Unavailable' and not 'Sold-Out' or 'Gone for Good'.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,061
    There are several who've appeared on Matty a few times (Mer-Man comes to mind), but others never seem to come up. I don't remember seeing He-Ro appear during a sale. I may be wrong, but if he has come up it hasn't been in a very long time.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

  8. #8
    Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Pottie View Post
    I need a Shadow Weaver.

    Matty can bring her back anytime, but it will never happen!!!

    What a bummer!!!!!!!!!!!
    they won't bring her back because she was a sub exclusive. it would be wrong for them to put her back in production to sell dos.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior retcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    291
    Yeah - maybe all these fans should have subbed. Or bought her for $75 on BBTS like I did.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Dayvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Yeah - maybe all these fans should have subbed. Or bought her for $75 on BBTS like I did.
    Well, seen as though i started collecting AFTER her release. I can't be expected to time travel... neither do i want to pay such a high price. I really want a shadow weaver.. but like the OP stated, they aren't made out of gold...

    I understand their price being higher, i do. But come on.... give us a break!!

  11. #11
    Working for The Man Saved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville/Ft Knox, KY
    Posts
    901
    Here I though Matty was bringing sexy back......


    But kidding aside they should bring back at least Fisto and Sorceress for shortchanging subscribers.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

    MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

  12. #12
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,498
    Nothing is being brought back; the older figures showing up are just the stock they kept during the regular releases for exchanges. There are no re-issues anymore, just clearance.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior UTK007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C. / NOVA
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Nothing is being brought back; the older figures showing up are just the stock they kept during the regular releases for exchanges. There are no re-issues anymore, just clearance.
    This! They are not bringing anyone back. They are just unloading unsold product.

  14. #14
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Stratos is listed on the Matty page

    "Toy Fans,
    Fans have had her in their sights for a long, long time, and she’s finally here! This month the Huntress is ready to take aim against injustice when she and her crossbow arrive for Club Infinite Earths, along with Batros™, Sky High with Jet Sled™, The Comedian and more! Get all the details…
    Early Access

    Thurs 9/12 at 8am PT thru Fri 9/13 at 8am PT (subscribers only)

    Products Available: DCU Poison Ivy, MOTUC Stratos®

    All Access
    Monday 9/16 at 9am PT
    DCU Huntress (Club Infinite Earths figure)
    MOTUC Batros™ (Club Filmation figure)
    MOTUC Sky High with Jet Sled™
    Watchmen The Comedian (Club Black Freighter figure)
    Note
    There will be no Club Eternia® figure in September. There will be two Club Eternia® figures in October: Lord Dactus™ & Mantenna®
    September Subscription Key Dates
    Subscriptions Renew/Cards Charged: Starting Wednesday 9/11
    Subscription Orders Ship: Starting Friday 9/13
    Want an email reminder? Click here to register. Or, join me on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums and you’ll get reminders there, too.
    –Matty"
    They just put him up, he wasn't there yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Yeah - maybe all these complainers should have subbed. Or bought her for $75 on BBTS like I did.
    I got her for $60 from BBTS.

    And besides not everyone wants every figure, and Mattel writer asses for making her the exclusive, Horde Prime should have stayed the exclusive. Not to mention many came into the line after the sub ended in 2011. I chose not to sub in 2012, and to be honest, I'm glad I did, there were many expensive months in a row. And that way of thinking is why the line is suffering as it is now.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior seth-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    they won't bring her back because she was a sub exclusive. it would be wrong for them to put her back in production to sell dos.
    You think Matty cares about right and wrong?

    I'd say it would be dumb to tool a mold and sell just the minimum, but hey..

    If they are smart they could easily do redeco on her and triple her original sales.
    Last edited by seth-man; August 27, 2013 at 12:26pm.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior Torak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    429
    no one will ever get reissued.

    It sucks that so many missed out on some important figures but they have zero plans to fix that issue, so... save up for ebay or some crap.

  17. #17
    NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    no one will ever get reissued.
    i doubt that, figures are not being reissued now, but will most likely make a comeback once the line is done.

  18. #18
    Working for The Man Saved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville/Ft Knox, KY
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    i doubt that, figures are not being reissued now, but will most likely make a comeback once the line is done.
    Im sure they will find some use for all those molds that are just sitting there.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

    MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    they won't bring her back because she was a sub exclusive. it would be wrong for them to put her back in production to sell dos.
    Really? Why would it be wrong to allow people who didn't know about the line a chance to purchase Shadow Weaver?

    Why would it be wrong for Matty to essentially print money (they could sell as many of these as they could produce)?

    Who would it hurt? The only people would be the secondary market scalpers. Why does Matty care about them?

    This line is run in the most bizarre manner I could imagine.

    There is no reason for anyone who wasn't a subscriber in the past to subscribe now. Almost no figures are being made that make sense as collection starters.

    Matty should start to consider how much money they could make by essentially restarting the subscriptions. Let people sign up for a "catch-up" subscription that would include the more popular characters, including Shadow Weaver. Who does that hurt? It just means people who came late are able to pay money (which is all past fans have done; they weren't toiling in mines somewhere to extract Shadow Weaver figures) to buy products for which there is a high demand.

    It is absolutely ridiculous that ANY of these figures are being kept deliberately rare in order to act as "I told you so's" for past subscriptions. That ship has sailed. Charge people, take their money, and provide popular, high-demand items.

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior karg182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Midlands, UK
    Posts
    533
    Mattel has said countless times that they will not re-issue figures. They used to do second runs of figures when the line first started (those had a 'The Original' burst on the packaging) but then they started doing both two runs of figures at the same time.

    They have said that there is just not enough fan interest to make second runs of figures, as even the ones they've put up on Matty historically don't do well.

    In answer to the question the only way to find out whose remaining stock is going up on sale days is to check the news when the sales are announced.

    Anything that's 'Gone For Good' is not gonna come back. Not for the foreseeable future.

    What they should do is offer a pre-order (with thermometer) of a Filmation Teela (for example) that way those who missed out on her can fill a gaping hole in their collection and those who got a toy accurate version can get animated Teela too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Really? Why would it be wrong to allow people who didn't know about the line a chance to purchase Shadow Weaver?

    Why would it be wrong for Matty to essentially print money (they could sell as many of these as they could produce)?

    Who would it hurt? The only people would be the secondary market scalpers. Why does Matty care about them?

    This line is run in the most bizarre manner I could imagine.

    There is no reason for anyone who wasn't a subscriber in the past to subscribe now. Almost no figures are being made that make sense as collection starters.

    Matty should start to consider how much money they could make by essentially restarting the subscriptions. Let people sign up for a "catch-up" subscription that would include the more popular characters, including Shadow Weaver. Who does that hurt? It just means people who came late are able to pay money (which is all past fans have done; they weren't toiling in mines somewhere to extract Shadow Weaver figures) to buy products for which there is a high demand.

    It is absolutely ridiculous that ANY of these figures are being kept deliberately rare in order to act as "I told you so's" for past subscriptions. That ship has sailed. Charge people, take their money, and provide popular, high-demand items.
    Because anyone - me included - would be upset that I had to subscribe to get her, I guess. There's something nice about having an exclusive. And there would be a legal issue for Mattel because someone could turn around and sue Mattel for making them fork out for everything included in the sub for Shadow Weaver. It's not just about printing money, it's about a legal issue and a degree of loyalty to their consumers.

    Plus no one is saying 'I told you so'. She was dangled as an incentive but no one is saying that now. It's just unfortunate, not a case of the Mighty Spector flipping you the bird from the distant future.
    Last edited by karg182; August 27, 2013 at 01:48pm.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    200
    There's no legal issue.

    I won't get into why there isn't a contract in this case binding Mattel to never release Shadow Weaver again, but, trust me, any first law student could tell you that Mattel would have absolutely no legal issue printing 1 million Shadow Weavers and air dropping them throughout the country, much less selling the exact same subscription again. Think about all the times Disney has told us it's the last chance to purchase XXXX before it is re-sealed in the vaults forever.

    And I'm not even arguing that they should print Shadow Weaver as a DOS or individual purchase. Re-do popular characters as yet another subscription with her as an exclusive. Just make the subscription characters would people want.

    Who benefits from having this line die in 2014 or 2015 because they are making only Filmation one-shots, when they could be selling thousands of already released characters to bring in new customers.

    I'll repeat the question I asked in my first post on this forum: How exactly is this business model supposed to attract new customers? This way of doing business absolutely guarantees a shrinking customer base each year and an eventual collapse of the line. And there's no reason for it. They don't make any more money this way (they make far less), and only secondary scalpers would be harmed by having a wider availability for popular figures.

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior karg182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Midlands, UK
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    There's no legal issue.

    I won't get into why there isn't a contract in this case binding Mattel to never release Shadow Weaver again, but, trust me, any first law student could tell you that Mattel would have absolutely no legal issue printing 1 million Shadow Weavers and air dropping them throughout the country, much less selling the exact same subscription again. Think about all the times Disney has told us it's the last chance to purchase XXXX before it is re-sealed in the vaults forever.

    And I'm not even arguing that they should print Shadow Weaver as a DOS or individual purchase. Re-do popular characters as yet another subscription with her as an exclusive. Just make the subscription characters would people want.

    Who benefits from having this line die in 2014 or 2015 because they are making only Filmation one-shots, when they could be selling thousands of already released characters to bring in new customers.

    I'll repeat the question I asked in my first post on this forum: How exactly is this business model supposed to attract new customers? This way of doing business absolutely guarantees a shrinking customer base each year and an eventual collapse of the line. And there's no reason for it. They don't make any more money this way (they make far less), and only secondary scalpers would be harmed by having a wider availability for popular figures.
    In many respects I agree with a lot of your sentiments. On the Shadow Weaver issue, they've stated that they will never make exclusive figures available outside of the sub. Rightly or wrongly they were used as subscription incentives. And in many respects I bet this has come back to bite Matty on the ass. Whether its actually a legal issue or not, a promise is a promise and the fan backlash would be immense if they did that. Plus, it would harm future subscriptions like the current issue with Big Lots! probably has.

    On the second point regarding the re-issues, sales in MOTUC are dwindling because people are losing interest in the line. They have categorically said that re-issuing figures just doesn't bring any
    money in. They can't justify production costs.

    There is a very good reason this line isn't at retail. 200X failed at retail and there is no current media to support this line. Management have taken a look at 200X and don't want to make the same mistakes again. MOTUC is probably considered by Mattel to be a low risk venture as a stop gap in the hope that at some point there will be a movie or TV series. I'm not convinced that in the current MOTU climate re-issues would work. I think they barely sell any He-Man and Skeletor figures and they're permanently online. People aren't going to give the MOTUC team budget to sell any additional figures if those don't sell. Seems like the wrong decision but there are always 'logistics' that are constantly looked at
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

  23. #23
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,108
    Anyone CAN buy Shadow Weaver and Teela and Fisto and Sorceress......for whatever people are selling them for. If you don't want to pay their prices that's not Mattels fault. They made them, sold out, and that's it. Yes one was n exclusive and two were short stocked but that doesn't change the fact that they are gone. So if you want them drop the money and if it's too much ya must not want it that bad. For the record I paid $50 for Shadow Weaver. Oh...and I do support a Light Spinner variant for 2016.

  24. #24
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Burke, VA
    Posts
    67
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this how every "Collector" line is run? You make a limited number to keep the collector's and hardcore fans happy. This is done with an array of collectible toys, posters etc.

    They aren't trying to attract new customers in my opinion. This was a line that was eventually going to come to a close with or without new customers.

    Believe me, I'm in the same boat with having to pay a premium for the older figures I missed. I just look at it as part of the fun of collecting. It's pretty much like this for every other collecting hobby as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    There's no legal issue.

    I won't get into why there isn't a contract in this case binding Mattel to never release Shadow Weaver again, but, trust me, any first law student could tell you that Mattel would have absolutely no legal issue printing 1 million Shadow Weavers and air dropping them throughout the country, much less selling the exact same subscription again. Think about all the times Disney has told us it's the last chance to purchase XXXX before it is re-sealed in the vaults forever.

    And I'm not even arguing that they should print Shadow Weaver as a DOS or individual purchase. Re-do popular characters as yet another subscription with her as an exclusive. Just make the subscription characters would people want.

    Who benefits from having this line die in 2014 or 2015 because they are making only Filmation one-shots, when they could be selling thousands of already released characters to bring in new customers.

    I'll repeat the question I asked in my first post on this forum: How exactly is this business model supposed to attract new customers? This way of doing business absolutely guarantees a shrinking customer base each year and an eventual collapse of the line. And there's no reason for it. They don't make any more money this way (they make far less), and only secondary scalpers would be harmed by having a wider availability for popular figures.

  25. #25
    Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,415
    shadow weaver was a sub exclusive. pay the high price for a sought after figure or do without. if all these figures could be bought whenever a person pleases then this line would not be worth collecting. part of having a collection line is to have things not many people have. if everyone has it then its not so special

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •