Thread: Vintage Custom/Repro GIFT SETS - He-Man/Wind Raider & more (Tokyonever)

Vintage Custom/Repro GIFT SETS - He-Man/Wind Raider & more (Tokyonever)

Hi, Here is a little project since few years that I had in mind to reissue/customize some vintage Gift Sets including European "never released" versions as Teela/Zoar, BA He-Man/ Battle Cat, Battle for Eternia, Ba Skeletor/Screeech etc.

I started with the He-Man/Wind Raider US 8_back and I just got my first Sample in hands today.
    The particularity of my version for this first work is that I used the original Rudy Obrero's artwork with restored colors (supplied by himself).
    By the past Mattel changed the colors to produce this Gift Set as many of the first packagings of the line (Castle Grayskull, Battle Cat, Wind Raider etc), now you can see for the first time a clean version of this set.
    I also did the US 12_back and the European "never released" versions.

More will be coming soon
    Enjoy.

Last edited by TOKYONEVER; December 19, 2014 at 02:11pm.

Wow. As a person who is only interested in the artwork, and not the condition of the boxes (so long as the artwork is not affected), I would still love to have such a pristine piece.

Court Magician
    NICE! The art is pretty and I agree with nicholighkun, that needs to be sold!

Wow! These are awesome! You, Sir, are the Heroic Master of Box Arts..!
    Leech sucks..!

I had the Teela / Zoar two pack as a kid, and the memories associated with buying it are special to me for a number of reasons. If a recreation were affordable, I would absolutely buy it and put my Zoar and Teela in that for display!!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Dragstor, Perfuma, Dare, Snake Mountain, Prahvus, Ceratus, King Chuboolu, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Thx for your messages.

Yes I'll can do a limited run if some of you are interested
    For now I have to check to change the cardboard material used because the He-Man/Wind Raider sample I received is not exactly perfect as I wanted (cardboard is a little bit soft compared to a vintage boxe and I need more intensive colors on it + I will be reworking a little on the illustration).
    I am actually working on the Battle For Eternia Gift Set, if I am doing a limited run, it will be the first with He-Man/Wind Raider I'll can propose.

I'll keep you in touch.

(I did a different European version than the Sathomaso's one released few years ago)

Beautiful work!

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Thx for your messages.

For now I have to check to change the cardboard material used because the He-Man/Wind Raider sample I received is not exactly perfect as I wanted (cardboard is a little bit soft compared to a vintage boxe and I need more intensive colors on it + I will be reworking a little on the illustration).
    I am actually working on the Battle For Eternia Gift Set, if I am doing a limited run, it will be the first with He-Man/Wind Raider I'll can propose.

I'll keep you in touch.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/forum/visual2.jpg
    (I did a different European version than the Sathomaso's one released few years ago)

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/forum/visual1.jpg
    Jay

Are you going to be doing the proper inserts as well?
    My Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdi0veA8Kn0

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

Excellent work, TOKYONEVER! Have you printed the box artwork directly on heavy cardboard or has it been printed on photopaper, then glued on cardboard and cut around ?

Simply stunning work! Looking forward to future updates. Really showcases Rudy's art perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Thx for your messages.

I'll keep you in touch.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/forum/visual2.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/forum/visual1.jpg

It would be really cool if you made some oversized boxes, and sold MOTUC in them. A Battle For Eternia Gift Set would be soooooooo cooooool with classics in it.

Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    Are you going to be doing the proper inserts as well?
    Yes, here are some pictures of the inner cardboards used for He-Man/Wind Raider and for the next Gift Set I am doing "Battle for Eternia":

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERSTOYS View Post
    Excellent work, TOKYONEVER! Have you printed the box artwork directly on heavy cardboard or has it been printed on photopaper, then glued on cardboard and cut around ?
    Thx, they are printed directly on a strong cardboard exactly as a vintage box.
    I am working in 300dpi HD, offset way with laminated UV etc. (so, my first He-Man/Wind Raider sample pictured is not UV but the next one will be, it will be better)
    About the cut it is the same thing, the box is cuted proffesionally with real die cut material realized with real measures.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    It would be really cool if you made some oversized boxes, and sold MOTUC in them. A Battle For Eternia Gift Set would be soooooooo cooooool with classics in it.
    Yeah it is a great idea, but it will be hard to work on something like that I am thinking because Panthor (as example) is very large, I can't imagine the size of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgumbo View Post
    Simply stunning work! Looking forward to future updates. Really showcases Rudy's art perfectly.
    Thx
    Here is a tease for futures ones including the never released "Battle Armor He-Man/Battle Cat" european version.

For now I have just to work on the cardboard material but it is fine, I found the good one, I have just to release some samples and it will be taking 2 weeks around to see the final result.
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; January 5, 2015 at 07:27pm.

Just incredible work....this is great TOKYONEVER! Cant wait to see the final result.

These are awesome, but a little terrifying in regards to potential ebay fraud that could happen. The color texture differences are smart and very well done as the art work is just AMAZING. I just worry about people praying on new collectors trying to sell these as the first run editions and people getting left in the dark.