Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone sell their 200x and regret it later?

Anyone sell their 200x and regret it later?

Not sure if this is the best thread to get responses...as most here prolly are currently collecting 200x. But.....has anyone sold off their 200x collection and ended up kinda regretting it later? That happened to me. When the Classics line came out.....I thought to myslef I dident really need the 200x...so I sold em. Got a fair price at the time.....but now that I look at pics of them ect....I kinda wish I would have kept them! Anyone have a similar experience?

There's been at least two members that I know of who sold off and then re-bought everything.

But this kind of talk is dangerous and might inhibit our ability to get good deals in the marketplace
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 23, 2013 at 09:58pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    While I liked 200x, and still do, I bought those figures, partly thinking those were the last new MOTU figures we'd ever see. When Classics came out, it was my dream line, so I decided to sell all my 200x figures and stactions.

I don't regret it.

My advice, anything you would consider selling, may not be worth keeping. Someone else may appreciate it more if you don't love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    There's been at least two members that I know of who sold off and then re-bought everything.

But this kind of talk is dangerous and might inhibit our ability to get good deals in the marketplace
    Haha. No.. there are plenty of deals.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    While I liked 200x, and still do, I bought those figures, partly thinking those were the last new MOTU figures we'd ever see. When Classics came out, it was my dream line, so I decided to sell all my 200x figures and stactions.

I don't regret it.

My advice, anything you would consider selling, may not be worth keeping. Someone else may appreciate it more if you don't love it.

Good points. Thanks

I sold all my collection for about $300 and I had everything except Snake Armor He-man and Keldor. I regretted it for a while. Until MOTUC came along.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I sold all my collection for about $300 and I had everything except Snake Armor He-man and Keldor. I regretted it for a while. Until MOTUC came along.

Ya I sold mine to a overseas buyer for $275. Which was a good deal. I had all unique figures(no extra skeletors/He-Mans or exclusives) and like 3 or 4 of the Stactions. All loose/complete. I guess 'REGRET' is too harsh......as I have no room for them anyways. And MOTUC IS the Dream Line. BUT.....I will say they still look cool!

I sold my entire complete loose collection a few years ago. I do regret it, but I know they went to a good home with a fellow ORGer
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I sold my entire complete loose collection a few years ago. I do regret it, but I know they went to a good home with a fellow ORGer

Ya my loose collection went to a guy whom never got any o these at retail. He was sooo excited! So like you said...I know they went to a good home.

yep. not the toys but the stactions and statues. trying to get those back now, but i needed the money badly at the time. sold them for money not because i was done with them.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

master of hiphop
    I sold it all except the Stactions which i love.. but i don't miss the 200X.. my collection is only Classics and Vintage and for me personally i love it

i sold my entire NA MOC collection 2 years ago and my 200X early this year.. and i don't regret it one bit.. actually it's now allowed me some more room to fill up on vintage
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

I total regret selling off some of my 200x figs like

ROBOTO
    SNAKE ARMOR
    KELDOR
    CLAW ATTACK STRATOS
    AND
    DISCO SKELETOR

I'm now in the process of buying them back one at a time.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I sold everything except for the General (and he is going when I get the WP armor for Rattlor), Skeletor and the statctions that I own (basically all of the bad guys).

And I am starting to consider selling off the Tung Lashor and Sssqueeze staction.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

i did sell my stactions. and i do regret it....

I am on my 3rd 200X collection. I have regretted selling them twice now, I think I will keep them this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    I am on my 3rd 200X collection. I have regretted selling them twice now, I think I will keep them this time.

Three times the fun

I had a loose and carded collection. I sold most of my carded collection, and I wish I hadn't. But I needed the money. My younger kids love playing with the loose collection though!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    I had a loose and carded collection. I sold most of my carded collection, and I wish I hadn't. But I needed the money. My younger kids love playing with the loose collection though!
    tried to sell a nearly compleat 200X collection a while back on Ebay. couldint get a decent price for em 5 hundred was to much for anyone to drop back then so I held on to em and feel good about it for sure.

Can a mod please move this thread to the Tar Swamp? I'm still in need of Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Not really, I guess. My last 200X buy was the Castle, on clearance at KB for something like $10.00- which I promptly returned, complete and fully packaged, once I saw what it was gonna look like out of the box (the original leaves that one in the dust, IMO)...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I think for strong vintage fans like myself. The Classics line would make it easier to sell the 200x figures. But I spent many hours collecting this line especially the rare items such as SnakemenCG,Chase Skeletor,Chase BF's,Green Carded Beast Man with the name tag actually saying "Beast Man,"Red Carded Zodak & other end of the line figures.I still need Chase He-Man & the TRU NY 1st edition figures. Other than that I have everything MOC/MIB along with Stactions. For me I will never get rid of the Stactions. These are some of the best MOTU items I own. And the good part about the 200x line is that if you wanted them back you could very easily get the Core figures without breaking the bank. But my 200x collection is quite content where their at in my MOTU collection room.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    I've held on to my 200X figures, although I'm minus about 11 characters and the stactions I'd want (and a whole host of variants I'm not interested in), along with some vehicles and accessories. I find myself more interested in filling in that collection that in trying the much harder and more extensive and expensive task of catching up with Classics at this point. Now, part of the reason for that is 1) I have a complete US Vintage collection, and 2) I like uniformity of style and scale, and Classics doesn't fit in well with either previous line, so it's not good for filling in gaps like Adora and Marlena in Vintage, or the Faceless One or Marzo in 200X. I generally keep Classics to a few specially beloved ones and my own subset of the Powers of Grayskull.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I kept a few figures I really liked. I didn't sell them, I gave them to a few kids who didn't have much. In essence I sort of regret it, but they went to a better home.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I wish I had room for my 200x. I'm not into them like I am with the motuc line. But I still really love them & cant give them up just yet if ever.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'm actually just starting to sell off my 200X collection. I have every (U.S.) figure/vehicle/playset on card but loose with some of the rarer figures (Zodac, Roboto, Evil-Lyn, etc.) still MOC. I'm thinking of selling it individually on eBay, but would love to offload it as one large collection. It's currently in 4 huge storage tubs.

I'm focusing on completing my vintage collection and the money with this collection would help immensely.