Thread: Found Skeleton Warriors today!

Hybrid View

Found Skeleton Warriors today!

While out hunting for a Thunder Punch He-Man at Big Lots, I struck out but went into 'The Great Escape' in Nashville.

I've never heard of this Skeleton Warriors line from Playmates, circa 1994, but I really dug them!

And I couldnt turn them down at this price -- 3.99 each and in terrific shape!

The first thing I thought of when I saw them was Skeletor's 'Skeleton Warriors' (that I hope we see Army Builders for some day soon)...Then I thought of another line I only learned of about 2 months ago, a semi MOTU knock off -- which escapes me at the moment.

Anywho, I thought I would share. I really like the cyborg skeleton guy, 'Dr Cyborn'! And the detail is pretty decent, IMHO.

(I hope the pics turn out ok... I rarely post pics on here. Also, these were the only 2 they had -- probably would have picked up the entire line if I could have lol. And I would have paid even MORE for this if I needed to!)

What do you think?

00skel warior back.jpg

00skel warrior front.jpg

I picked up the entire line MOC about a year ago. Paid about $120 for everything. There's a beast and one vehicle.

I have come to appreciate the 90's as having been a great era. Maybe not as great as the 80's, maybe not as great as now, but still a lot of fun lines (many of which are still affordable today).
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I agree. Seems to be a lot of underrated lines from that era.

For me the late 90s is where it really took off, beginning with McFarlane.

How did you acquire this line--was it eBay or a find somewhere?

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I think Playmates did a reissue of them in the late 90s/early 2000 as I saw a lot of first wave TMNT and SW at Big lots many years back.

I have all of these, plus a really cool Mexican bootleg that has a new head with an Egyptian motif. Very cool line, And I still feel gutted when I think of the cancelled 2nd series with Morgoer, the Bone Dragon.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post
    I agree. Seems to be a lot of underrated lines from that era.
    What you basically had back then was diversity. Nowadays, the aisles are dominated by a few major franchises. But back then, there was a mllion and one small and/or obscure lines. I can literally remember there being no Transformers and Star Wars figures to buy. Instead, you had stuff like Biker Mice, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, The Tick, and Swamp Thing. Wish I could get all of those, but I'm out of space, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post
    How did you acquire this line--was it eBay or a find somewhere?
    I first got a few at a flea market and was a little surprised how cheaply they came. I got the rest of them off ebay. Most of them came from one seller. He had them listed separately or something, but I was able to negotiate a good deal for all of them. I used to have some of them back in the day.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yeah, I bought Aracula when they line first came out in the 90's. I was a college student at the time so I couldn't really afford the entire line so I just bought the one I really liked. However, I got a couple more recently thanks to Philly Cheese Steak here and may get the rest when I'm done with some other collecting interests I have going on right now. But if I ever see them at a store on pegs, I would pick them up in a heartbeat.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

It's really gnawing at me trying to figure out the name of the line similar to this and MOTU. in fact the initials are MOTU or WOTU or something and contains a lot of skeletons/fantasy characters.

I've only seen it once and every search comes up naught.

Anyone have a clue what it might be?

I've always been fascinated by knock offs and lines inspired by big toy lines, and to me, Skeleton Warriors are no different.