View Poll Results: Are you glad you subbed in 2013?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2013 turned out great!

100 87.72%
  • No! Too many bad choices made me wish I hadn't!

14 12.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 lineup - glad you subbed?

2013 lineup - glad you subbed?

So now that we know all of the 2013 lineup - are you glad you subbed or were there too many duds that made you wish you hadn't?
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Hell, YEAH!

Bought my subs for 2014 already before SDCC. I want 'em all. Gotta catch 'em all!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I am always glad I subbed. I never owned toys as a kid, so this line is a dream come true!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

This was my first year subbing....

I was at first not enthused about Netossa, but I kept her, and now her sword is coming....

I subbed because of Ram Man, and the hope for Mantenna, Two Bad and Dragstor....well, we're getting Mantenna....so cool.

I seriously dislike anything NA, so I tried to sell Karatti to no avail, and sold my NAHM....OK, I turned Karatti into a custom....solved.

Geldor and Dactys are two more I need to decide on, likely, I'll be keeping both, for whatever reasons....Plundor is not a selling point to me....but hey, I'll still take him.

Ram Man, Fang Man, King He-Man, Jitsu, Snake Face, Foe Men (well Ditztroyer anyway, Dawg is OK, I don't care for Sherrilyn's head), Octavia, Clamp Champ, Mantenna, Castaspella, Horde Troopers....have made it worth it, despite the two what I consider lame ass figures. Also, EA has netted me Strobo & an SOH....and will hopefully net me the Mini Masters, Stonedar set & the Sky High / Jet Sled combo....

Not to mention the Filmation sub....glad I did that one too, despite Nepthu.

So, to sum it up, the **** figures have been well more than outweighed by the good this line has to offer, and I am glad I subbed.

2014 looks to be very promising, more than 2013 as far as figures I want....I have to admit....for some odd reason even Hydron is growing on me....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Were there some duds in this year? Yes--everyone has characters they don't value as highly (in my case it would be the FFM, Sky High and Plundor--but I will never say that I'm not happy and grateful to have had the chance to sub in the first place. This line is awesome, and I hope it continues chugging along happily for the next two years (and beyond) so that I can get the rest of my favorites, including Queen Angella, King Miro, Flogg, and the rest!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Were there some duds in this year? Yes--everyone has characters they don't value as highly (in my case it would be the FFM, Sky High and Plundor--but I will never say that I'm not happy and grateful to have had the chance to sub in the first place. This line is awesome, and I hope it continues chugging along happily for the next two years (and beyond) so that I can get the rest of my favorites, including Queen Angella, King Miro, Flogg, and the rest!
    Sky High isn't sub though....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I'm pretty happy with the two subs this year. Nepthu & Plundor are really the two I don't care for but I may change my mind after I get them in hand. I totally hated SLL but once I got him in hand I thought he was a pretty awesome figure.

Yes I'm very happy I have a sub.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I was already happy to have subbed (both Club Eternia and Club Filmation), but seeing the rest of the reveals for 2013 just sealed it for me. Only a couple of figures I'm not thrilled about or dislike, but the good far outweighs the bad in my opinion.

No, but it wasn't the character selection or overall design it was totally the execution of the design.
    Last edited by slackrguy; July 26, 2013 at 08:25pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I voted turned out great because I'm around even after selling the unwanted stuff. The Fighting Foe Men and Karatti were BAD choices, which I took a loss on both However after selling King He-Man I recouped that loss. All 3 items I had little interest in.

The rest of the year I'm cool with as I've already got a buyer for NA He-Man and Clamp Champ is VERY unlikely to sell at a loss. Not too thrilled about Geldor, but the rest I'm cool with.

That said, I got my Fangman at cost price and I'm guaranteed Castaspella, Mantenna and Horde Troopers so I'm happy I subbed. Hopefully any profit Clamp Champ sells for makes up for any loss I take on Geldor
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

There are no middle answers, like: "Yes I am glad but I am a bit disappointed!" specially for Plundor in December.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    There are no middle answers, like: "Yes I am glad but I am a bit disappointed!" specially for Plundor in December.
    Feel the same way. I feel he should have been outside the main sub.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

of course I am, I am a fan of this line.

More specifically other than just fan of the line, I am a fan of the MOTU Property, and though maybe to a lesser extent NA, I do mean the entire property.

All things MOTU are awesome, and I want to keep having more.

I'm not just a fan of He Man, and Two Badd, and so on, but MOTU. SO I buy MOTU stuff. 'Nuff said.

glad i didn't to be honest

People have amnesia for anything before SDCC. We got Ram Man! Octavia! Mantenna! Castaspella! Jitus! NA He-Man! Fang Man! Clamp Champ! Snake Face! Heck Yeah, I'm glad I subbed!

Pause for just a second, and imagine if we still had to get these!! 2013 had it's share of unpopular characters, but not that many. The main culprit was the 3 pack and those are done for good.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    People have amnesia for anything before SDCC. We got Ram Man! Octavia! Mantenna! Castaspella! Jitus! NA He-Man! Fang Man! Clamp Champ! Snake Face! Heck Yeah, I'm glad I subbed!

Pause for just a second, and imagine if we still had to get these!! 2013 had it's share of unpopular characters, but not that many. The main culprit was the 3 pack and those are done for good.
    Every year has had characters I chose not to buy....2013 is no different, other than the fact I had to try to sell 2 figures....still, no biggie....I knew what I signed up for, no sense complaining when I get what I consider a crap character....I knew a few would come....

Let's not forget unlike Star Sisters, more people actually wanted to keep the Foe Men....I personally did, I like Ditz. But, I am really glad the 3-pack is gone, especially since they chose not to pro-rate the sets instead of charging full figure price per figure.... $75 for one MOTUC item that's not a large beast like Granamyr, or a larger vehicle....was ridiculous....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    As a HARDCORE Filmation lover I am SUPER happy with the 2013 lineup!!!

LOVE Ram Man, Snake Face, Fang Man, Clamp Champ, Icer and especially Octavia!!! She's my favorite so far this year I think. I just love Horde and Filmation. That was the peak of MOTU for me. When the Hour of Power was in severe syndication rotation!!

CAN'T WAIT for Stonedar/Rokkon, Castaspella, Shokoti, Batros, Mantenna, Horde Troopers, Sea Hawk, PLUNDOR!!! So much Filmation greatness.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    As a HARDCORE Filmation lover I am SUPER happy with the 2013 lineup!!!

LOVE Ram Man, Snake Face, Fang Man, Clamp Champ, Icer and especially Octavia!!! She's my favorite so far this year I think. I just love Horde and Filmation. That was the peak of MOTU for me. When the Hour of Power was in severe syndication rotation!!

CAN'T WAIT for Stonedar/Rokkon, Castaspella, Shokoti, Batros, Mantenna, Horde Troopers, Sea Hawk, PLUNDOR!!! So much Filmation greatness.
    Filmation kicks ass....I love Octavia, Sea Hawk, Icer, Batros, Shokoti....not to mention all the Filmation style of all the POP figures....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Since I love everything MOTU related, subbing has always been a happy experience for me!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'm a subber anyways, but I wish that I only had one sub! I fell for last years TG's marketing tactics, and ordered two to help out with the cause. Well, not this year, one is just more than enough especially knowing many of the characters aren't vintage or 200X, and if I needed a duplicate of any character, I either go DOS or eBay.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I'm a subber anyways, but I wish that I only had one sub! I fell for last years TG's marketing tactics, and ordered two to help out with the cause. Well, not this year, one is just more than enough especially knowing many of the characters aren't vintage or 200X, and if I needed a duplicate of any character, I either go DOS or eBay.
    Modulok, Two Bad, Blade?....and more to surely be coming.

Glimmer is Vintage....well Vintage Filmation, more or less.... and Hydron is the only lame duck of the bunch....I can't do two subs, especially not knowing if we'll get a 3rd add on sub for 2014 or not, if it wasn't for Transformers, and maybe an add-on sub....I'd get two subs....one for me, and one for my son, well the extras I don't want anyway....for him, which would be quite a few.

If there's no add on, and Transformers die down and they offer a 2014 lite sub, then I'll get a second.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I can't say it turned out "great" due to the 2013 sub only including ONE, yes ONE MYP/200X figure for the entire year.

I had no problem with getting 2 Filmation, 2 PoP, and 2 NA figures in the Club Eternia but I would have preferred a second MYP figure instead of a third Filmation figure.

Why not Evilseed, Prahvus, Veena, or Calix instead of Plundor? That means we would have had 2 MYP characters and 8 Filmation characters in 2013.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I feel from what we've seen so far, 2014 will be a stronger year for Club Eternia right out of the gate.

For 2013, out of the 18 characters we got, I call 5 duds...

My Dud List
    1) King He-Man - Design is bad.

2) Jitsu - Head is unbearably small

3) Fang Man - Well executed but I don't want goofy Filmation designed characters.

4) Dactys - Too 200X looking. Doesn't fit with other designs.

5) Plundor - See #3

5 out of 18 isn't bad until you add it up...$30 each x 5 duds = $150!

I also subscribed to Club Filmation and if I add my dud from that sub, I spent another $30 on duds. (Nepthu)

But I'm not complaining. If finding a solution for these 6 duds ensures I get all the other figures I want, I'll take em in a heartbeat.

And I can only hope I'll dodge the Razz bullet again in 2014! Fingers crossed.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

for me, there's too much stuff i don't want or have any interest in for 2013 - especially at year-end ...

i have been able to sell most of it, but i could have done without it to be honest ...

i guess it's a good job i did subscribe otherwise i wouldn't have got clamp-champ!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION