Thread: playsets you always wanted to see?

playsets you always wanted to see?

I don't know about you guys, but I always thought the royal palace (was it called Eternos?) would've made a great playset. I would've preferred that over the "Eternia" playset we did get. It was an awfully big and expensive playset for something with absolutely no previous connection to the series. I think Eternos would've made more sense as it was promently featured in the cartoon and side from Castle Grayskull, the only other fortress Skeletor constantly attacked.
    What do you guys think? Anything you always wanted to see as a playset?

Well, not that I didn't think it was fun and neat when I was younger, but I wish that a Filmation accurate Snake Mountain had been made, with the wraparound stone snake head, the "hangar" entrance, and the throne room with the council table. But I still loved Mattel's version though.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    When I was a kid I too wanted the palace and a Filmation Snake Mountain. Would have been awesome!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Beast Island!!!

..or some kind of island.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Well, of course I've always wanted the Eternos Palace. Skeletor had his Snake Mountain "to live in" (even if Mattel's playset and Filmation's design had relatively little in common, there was still somewhere for him and his minions), whereas Grayskull isn't really a "home" for the good guys the way the Eternos Palace is.

I never heard of the Eternia playset during the vintage years (I don't think it was ever released in Spain), so when I got on the web and first learned there was a playset named "Eternia", I totally thought it was the Eternos Palace I had always hoped for. So you can imagine my disappointment when I finally saw a picture of the actual Eternia playset.

I've come to like the Three Towers afterwards, but the Eternos Palace remains my most wanted never-released MotU playset ever. It is for MotU playsets what Queen Marlena or Shadow Weaver were for MotU figures: key elements sorely missing. The vintage line feels incomplete without it, and I think MotUC will also feel forever incomplete if it comes to an end before releasing it. But since a MotUC release seems to have a snowball's chance of happening, I have a longterm project of mine to build a custom one based on a modular design with 3D-printed pieces.

Has anyone else undertaken a Palace custom? I know The Fwoosh has some custom diorama environments of the Royal Throne Hall and the Royal Gardens (since they've used them as background in some of their reviews), but I've never seen an actual full-fledged Eternos Palace custom. And I'd also love to see a custom diorama of Orko's bedroom.

BTW, the version of the Palace I want first and foremost is, of course, Filmation. The 200X Palace looks nice, but in my canon it's the royal "summer residence" rather than the main palace.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I definitely wanted them to release Eternos Palace. During one of my regular calls to Mattel customer service (they must have been like "oh no, not this kid again!") I asked them if they were planning to release the "Eternian Palace" and the King and Queen. The CS rep must have thought I meant Eternia, because she was shocked and said "Uh..Yes, but how did you know about that?!" I was quite perplexed when I eventually saw "Eternia" instead. Upon first glance, I figured it was their version of the palace, much like they had their own version of Snake Mountain. Checking out the box, I quickly realized the behemoth playset was something else entirely.

I also really wanted the Filmation Snake Mountain. I had the Mattel SM, which was cool, but I was disappointed that it bore no resemblance to the one in the cartoon. The Filmation SM will always be the definitive one to me.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    The Etherian Fright Zone and Eternos Palace

A Filmation accurate Snake Mountain, seems like a lot of fans would like that. Too bad Matty doesn't make it.
    "Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    .. The '10th Dimention' playset..!!!!
    featuring galactic chessboard and queen Teela!!!!

I was quite happy with Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain. I never really liked the Fright Zone, I thought it was pretty boring and too small. A Snake Men Playset could have been pretty cool.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Masks of Power Demons,
    Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

Aside from Eternos Palace, I wanted a Filmation Fright Zone SO badly. I settled for the actual Fright Zone play set (and loved it, for what it was), but as a kid I never understood why the Filmation version didn't exist.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!