Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Update on the Masters of the universe movie by Jon Chu ! The project is still alive !

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Powerful Wizard Arvulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Timeless Dimension
    Posts
    1,389

    Update on the Masters of the universe movie by Jon Chu ! The project is still alive !


  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior MOTUalberta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    138
    This has my hopes in a positive light. I was ok with GI Joe 2 but when it comes to the MOTU movie i am very excited to hear its going to be visually beautiful. I also have to say when John Chu followed the storm shadow/zartan story from the comics accurately, it made it clear he knows source material. Heres hoping for a "Transformers" level success!
    Check out my customs. Go on, treat yerself!
    New life into old playsets!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Neilrich...0?feature=mhee

  3. #3
    Hero of Eternia zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    12,016
    It sure is taking only forever, isn't it?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,844
    I’ll just post what I put in the other thread regarding this interview:

    If Sony wants this film made there is no way they are going to wait for Jon Chu to direct another large-scale tentpole. I suspect Mr. Chu knows that, he’s just being professional. I can see one of two things happening: either Sony will replace him or MOTU will die yet again. I think they’ll (hopefully) replace him.

    I mean, he pretty much says it himself: "I don't know if Masters of the Universe will wait for me or where that's going to end up."

    IMO, Jon Chu will not be directing MOTU. Hopefully Sony and Escape Artists will find a replacement soon.

  5. #5
    He-Rod Jrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I’ll just post what I put in the other thread regarding this interview:

    If Sony wants this film made there is no way they are going to wait for Jon Chu to direct another large-scale tentpole. I suspect Mr. Chu knows that, he’s just being professional. I can see one of two things happening: either Sony will replace him or MOTU will die yet again. I think they’ll (hopefully) replace him.

    I mean, he pretty much says it himself: "I don't know if Masters of the Universe will wait for me or where that's going to end up."

    IMO, Jon Chu will not be directing MOTU. Hopefully Sony and Escape Artists will find a replacement soon.
    Well put! Couldn't have said it better myself.

  6. #6
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    www.mhalo.com
    Posts
    9,510
    Is there really any point in making this movie if it's taking this long? By the time it comes out, nobody will care (outside of us).
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

    If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

  7. #7
    Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,420
    yeah...he doesn't seem to sure if he'll even be on board for a motu movie....it'll be another 25 years without a movie

  8. #8
    Powerful Wizard Arvulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Timeless Dimension
    Posts
    1,389
    For me it's a good news. The project is still alive... I can't wait... I promised to buy a ticket for each of my collegues at work Hopefully, they will forget it in 2-5 years lol

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    For me it's a good news. The project is still alive... I can't wait... I promised to buy a ticket for each of my collegues at work Hopefully, they will forget it in 2-5 years lol
    Or more. But hopefully not.

  10. #10
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    4,288
    read this the other day, was wondering how long it'd take to come on the '.org

  11. #11
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    19,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    Sony needs to put their money where their mouth is. Now is the time either put out or give the rights back to Mattel. Enough is enough already. This is messed up!
    I agree. Are all movies this difficult to get off the ground?
    Obey the whip!

    Smile like you mean it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I agree. Are all movies this difficult to get off the ground?
    No, not at all. It’s starting to get a bit absurd now, actually. A lot of people say that MOTU is "difficult" to adapt properly. Without sounding like a biased fanboy, its not. That notion is complete and utter rubbish. MOTU is no more difficult than turning Transformers or GI Joe into live-action films. Hell, WB are making a World of Warcraft film that, by all accounts, is actually going to happen. MOTU has all the ingredients of a fun, action packed and visually extraordinary summer blockbuster. It really does. This project isn't dead yet. We're all still jumping the gun. But still, it’s getting a bit silly how it seems to be taking so long.

  13. #13
    He-Rod Jrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    No, not at all. It’s starting to get a bit absurd now, actually. A lot of people say that MOTU is "difficult" to adapt properly. Without sounding like a biased fanboy, its not. That notion is complete and utter rubbish. MOTU is no more difficult than turning Transformers or GI Joe into live-action films. Hell, WB are making a World of Warcraft film that, by all accounts, is actually going to happen. MOTU has all the ingredients of a fun, action packed and visually extraordinary summer blockbuster. It really does. This project isn't dead yet. We're all still jumping the gun. But still, it’s getting a bit silly how it seems to be taking so long.
    Yes we are jumping the gun but can you really blame us. MOTU Fans have been waiting for this movie to happen over 10 years. Now Chu is being linked to direct Star Trek 3 and we all know what that means, another push back for the MOTU movie. This guy is obviously talented and that's why he getting opportunities to do other movies. Sony is wasting valuable time in my opinion. Again this falls under my previous text that they either need to get on the ball or give the rights back.

  14. #14
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Europe/Slovenia
    Posts
    44
    Why do i have feeling that José Padilha will do it after he release Robocop 2014 at least he will get mentioned? In know it has something to do with Sony for instance

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •