Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on the Masters of the universe movie by Jon Chu ! The project is still alive !

Update on the Masters of the universe movie by Jon Chu ! The project is still alive !

This has my hopes in a positive light. I was ok with GI Joe 2 but when it comes to the MOTU movie i am very excited to hear its going to be visually beautiful. I also have to say when John Chu followed the storm shadow/zartan story from the comics accurately, it made it clear he knows source material. Heres hoping for a "Transformers" level success!
    Check out my customs. Go on, treat yerself!
    New life into old playsets!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Neilrich...0?feature=mhee

It sure is taking only forever, isn't it?
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

I’ll just post what I put in the other thread regarding this interview:

If Sony wants this film made there is no way they are going to wait for Jon Chu to direct another large-scale tentpole. I suspect Mr. Chu knows that, he’s just being professional. I can see one of two things happening: either Sony will replace him or MOTU will die yet again. I think they’ll (hopefully) replace him.

I mean, he pretty much says it himself: "I don't know if Masters of the Universe will wait for me or where that's going to end up."

IMO, Jon Chu will not be directing MOTU. Hopefully Sony and Escape Artists will find a replacement soon.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    yeah...he doesn't seem to sure if he'll even be on board for a motu movie....it'll be another 25 years without a movie

For me it's a good news. The project is still alive... I can't wait... I promised to buy a ticket for each of my collegues at work Hopefully, they will forget it in 2-5 years lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    For me it's a good news. The project is still alive... I can't wait... I promised to buy a ticket for each of my collegues at work Hopefully, they will forget it in 2-5 years lol
    Or more. But hopefully not.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I’ll just post what I put in the other thread regarding this interview:

If Sony wants this film made there is no way they are going to wait for Jon Chu to direct another large-scale tentpole. I suspect Mr. Chu knows that, he’s just being professional. I can see one of two things happening: either Sony will replace him or MOTU will die yet again. I think they’ll (hopefully) replace him.

I mean, he pretty much says it himself: "I don't know if Masters of the Universe will wait for me or where that's going to end up."

IMO, Jon Chu will not be directing MOTU. Hopefully Sony and Escape Artists will find a replacement soon.
    Well put! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Is there really any point in making this movie if it's taking this long? By the time it comes out, nobody will care (outside of us).
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Well the original movie is on sale at frys if anyone wants it. I am really interested and hope dolph plays king randor.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Well Im ready to direct now.

..and so Ive said.

I'd rather he didn't direct it, the 'Joe movies have been terrible. To do MOTU right would require Peter Jackson like skills.

Honestly, I don't want Chu to direct MOTU. I mean GI JOE 2 was decent especially compared to the first, but far from great. Justin bieber, step up 2 and some other step up I don't know but really? This dude isn't the right person for this genre at all. Its gonna be dolph lundgren with lens flares or some crap.

I hope he goes ahead with gi joe and we get a replacement. Hopefully by someone with at least some experience in a similar genre.

- - - Updated - - -

and no to a peter jackson type. MOTU definitely shouldn't be a 3 hour movie. I mean if thats the case they will have some long drawn out story starring adam and the last 45 minutes he finally turns into he-man. Then boom cliffhanger for the sequel that may never be....
    Facebook.com/omen.mink.5
    Instagram http://instagram.com/omg_its_omen

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Well Im ready to direct now.

..and so Ive said.
    No one is going to hire you to direct it, so you can stop saying it. You have no connections to Hollywood, and you haven't directed movies before. A multimillion dollar movie isn't going to be given to a person on a random website.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Widget
    I hated the news!!! They keep talking about it (the movie) and about the project but the true is the project keep only like a project.
    I've been waiting for more them 10 years reading about it and the news didn't change, it's always the same, changing of studios, changing of writter, changing of director, changing of schedule.

In my opinion Mattel needs a strong name in front of the project to turn it reality.

The names involved are always "new names" with a "great future", with the "best vision" or "greatest love" for this project and the MOTU Universe, but in the and they have no strong to make it true!!

Go to hell with Jon CHU Chu Chu!!

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    No one is going to hire you to direct it, so you can stop saying it. You have no connections to Hollywood, and you haven't directed movies before. A multimillion dollar movie isn't going to be given to a person on a random website.
    You're VERY supportive.

Thank you.

It's a shame to see MOTU be put on the back burner. It's nice he's praising it and hoping that it's still there when he's done GI Joe 3 and obviously a sequel to that is more of a priority as there is clearly money in it for those involved, but it's ultimately just news that the potential movie is sitting somewhere waiting to be made for a while longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

read this the other day, was wondering how long it'd take to come on the '.org

You're VERY supportive.

Thank you.
    support only works if you're realistic about your goals. can you be a film maker? absolutely. are you actually ready to helm a multi-million dollar franchise?

before you answer that, i want you to seriously consider films like the lord of the rings, batman, the avengers...etc. now think about what the directors had to do before they were able to not only handle those projects, but for the studio to have enough faith in them that they would be willing to invest the money.

each of those directors already had major successes before being handed the reigns of a blockbuster movie. do you have a track record of success with hollywood? do you have an agent? do you have any connections at all? if you want any hope of being able to direct a tentpole movie like MOTU, start small- work on small films, study the craft of film making as much as you can. and no, simply watching movies does not count

from what i've seen of your ideas so far, your general approach seems better suited to independent auteur films, and not films that require mass appeal to even be greenlit. you also seem to be very new to how a lot of the behind the scenes stuff works. with a lot of study and heaping doses of success, good promotion and luck, you may be able to achieve this dream.

do you also plan to write as well? because that's a whole other chunk of studying that you need to do. for that, i recommend the book "Story" by Robert McKee. it's a great book on the fundamentals of storytelling and screenwriting. study storytelling, and start making films with actors and fully fleshed out scripts and gain experience behind the camera...you may not ever direct a MOTU movie, but at least you won't just be some guy on the internet.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

The answer to your first question is yes.

.."I do lament my troubles to the stone." Titus Andronicus, Shakespeare
    .."I am a little boy of five!" Penzance, Gilbert & Sullivan
    .." Ready are you? What know you of ready?" Yoda, Star Wars
    ..."Oh my gosh." Jon Chu

(thank you for noticing though)

The answer to your first question is yes.

.."I do lament my troubles to the stone." Titus Andronicus, Shakespeare
    .."I am a little boy of five!" Penzance, Gilbert & Sullivan
    .." Ready are you? What know you of ready?" Yoda, Star Wars
    ..."Oh my gosh." Jon Chu

(thank you for noticing though)
    well, my first question was "can you be a film maker?" so we're in agreement that being a film maker is relatively easy to achieve. my second question was "are you actually ready to helm a multi-million dollar franchise?"

if your answer to this is also yes, then i'm very interested to hear how you realistically expect this to happen, and what your ideas are. keeping in mind of course, that by realistic i also expect you to address:

• your previous success in the film industry, which would convince a studio to let you take on a multi-million dollar film project?
    • do you have proper representation and promotion in hollywood?
    • are your ideas for the film reasonably compatible with the tastes of a modern mass audience?
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS

..a lot of your questions are not for me, but perhaps up to someone else, and yet still opinion based.

I can do, what I expect me to do, for a movie that will ultimately be answerable to an audience.

I certainly can not make these movies by myself, or I would have already.

....Mako, "The Gods are pleased with the battle." Arnold, "Are they going to help?" Mako, "No." Arnold, "Then tell them to stay out of the way!" Conan the Barbarian.

..a lot of your questions are not for me, but perhaps up to someone else, and yet still opinion based.
    no. my response is based on the realities of the film making profession. so having considered those realities, how do you hope to deal with them in order to achieve your goal?

I can do, what I expect me to do, for a movie that will ultimately be answerable to an audience.
    a movie studio is not going to hand you a property with that kind of response. so what exactly do you expect you to do?

I certainly can not make these movies by myself, or I would have already.
    obviously. and that is a major part of what i'm communicating to you. but you're not going to get the help you need simply by saying that you're ready to direct. you need experience, promotion, and past success before a studio will trust you with a franchise like MOTU.

you're going to have to start very small. raise your own money for small films. use friends to help. put out casting calls in the local paper. if your films are good, and you go through the right promotional channels, then word of mouth will spread, and you may be given major projects and studio funding.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Interview at YoJoe.com says he's doing both movies.

YJ: So we know you’ve been tapped to helm G.I. Joe 3 as well as Masters of the Universe. Any idea which of the two films is first up to the plate? Are we going to have to suffer through a guy in furry shorts in theaters before we see more Roadblock and Snake Eyes?!

JMC: As of right now, Joe 3 seems to be the most ready to go and activated. We're getting it together right now and the studio is motivated to make it since the reaction was so great for Retaliation. I am still super passionate about Masters and we've done a ton of work on design and story but we're waiting on the studio to see when they'll be ready to actually pull the trigger fully on it.

read the whole thing here - http://forums.yojoe.com/news/123522-...hird-film.html
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Enough already. No one here is directing a movie now lets get back to the topic. Thank you
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.