• Man-At-Arms

4 6.78%
  • Triclops

8 13.56%
  • Evil Lyn

11 18.64%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Redesign #106: Ram Man!!!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyn303 View Post
    Cheers guys yeah.. I almost got rid of the horns as it does unbalance the top end slightly... But I think they fit the overall design in the end
    Hey, it's your design, man! You can put whatever you want on him! Fairy wings and a tutu if you wanted.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Movie mayhem!
    Great job so far everyone! Also I think its cool that Tuskador is getting so much love in the poll!

Excellent entries everyone. I'm particularly digging the intricate lineart of Seraphyn's rendition and the cartoony playfulness of Monikasvo's design. It's gonna be hard to vote
    www.BOSATSU.com < My art portfolio

I have been so busy, I've been sadly not able to take part - but I hope I can jump back into these, now. All of the entries so far look amazing!

Movie mayhem!
    THere is quite a bit of time left on this one so plenty of time :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    ...Also I think its cool that Tuskador is getting so much love in the poll!
    I know right!?! How awesome is that!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I have been so busy, I've been sadly not able to take part - but I hope I can jump back into these, now. All of the entries so far look amazing!
    JonWes, get one in here buddy. Why wait till the next one. Your style needs to take on Ram Man. Let me know if you need more time. Its very common to extend the deadline while waiting for the next great piece to enter.

By the way, Seraphyn, well done brother. Beautiful piece.

Cheers man
    My Deviant Art http://seraphyn303.deviantart.com/

My Art Blog (pretty old but where most of my MOTU stuff is) http://sera-sketch.blogspot.co.uk/

I am currently taking commissions.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Well I had an idea. What if Ram Man had...the Ram Stone?

So I gave it to him.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ps3d028744.jpg

When he activates it he is covered in mystical green energy (somewhat resembling some kind of human-ram) that enables him to charge through any barrier; natural, man made or even magical
    So he's the Juggernaut?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    So he's the Juggernaut?

well yes, as I already noted on page 2 of this very thread

In fact he doesn't even have to use his head in my redesign. The way I see it, the Ram Stone (when activated) gives him a similar power to Juggernaut from Marvel, meaning that once he starts moving there is almost nothing that can stop him, so he can just run through barriers.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Movie mayhem!
    We have about two weeks left. Who all is planning on entering still? Cant wait to see what you have thought up. Still lots of time :-)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

what's goin' on folks? anyone else entering?

Widget
    Here is my take on him it is a little rough a lot of what I wanted to do was already done. So what I did was make Ram-Man a guardian one of many of the Ram Stone A combo of Sumo and gladiator with a ram tat on his chest and stomach. And I made his legs robotic because I always was amazed more by the whole using his legs like hydraulic jacks sort of. So here mine. Ram Man.jpg

Hopefully it's not too late to throw my hat in the ring:

Ram-Man - redesign - 092413.jpg

I wanted to redesign not just his look, but to an extent his bio.

The look really didn't change that much, keeping the same basic idea in each incarnation, but I wanted to tie his three major looks together into an evolution.

In the canon of this redesign, Ram-Man met Captain Randor instead of He-Man during his first mini-comic adventure (from the vintage line) while wearing ancestral Zalesian armor that had been handed down through his family for generations.

He subsequently joined the Eternian Guard and served alongside Captain Randor during the Great Unrest and the battle at the Hall of Wisdom where Keldor suffered the wounds which led to his becoming Skeletor (his classic/standard look). I added the 200x Man-at-Arms leg armor and shifted the color on his tunic a little toward orange to reflect the colors of the Eternian guards' uniforms.

When Randor was named king by the Elders, Ram-Man took his place among Randor's elite warriors (and adopted this version of his vintage cardback colors look). The style of the belt / kilt on the "main" design reflects my recent take on Battle Armor Randor, which is what prompted me to use the vintage cardback colors and the inclusion of his "past" looks.

Like Niki, I wanted him to align more with the rest of the characters visually, rather than having every element of his look be unique. In his early two looks, I gave him versions of the furry boots common to MotU characters. In his two later looks, I gave him leg armor similar to Man-at-Arms' 200x design. I wanted to incorporate some of those visual elements to tie him in more with the rest of the figures.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post

I wanted to redesign not just his look, but to an extent his bio.

The look really didn't change that much, keeping the same basic idea in each incarnation, but I wanted to tie his three major looks together into an evolution.

In the canon of this redesign, Ram-Man met Captain Randor instead of He-Man during his first mini-comic adventure (from the vintage line) while wearing ancestral Zalesian armor that had been handed down through his family for generations.

He subsequently joined the Eternian Guard and served alongside Captain Randor during the Great Unrest and the battle at the Hall of Wisdom where Keldor suffered the wounds which led to his becoming Skeletor (his classic/standard look). I added the 200x Man-at-Arms leg armor and shifted the color on his tunic a little toward orange to reflect the colors of the Eternian guards' uniforms.

When Randor was named king by the Elders, Ram-Man took his place among Randor's elite warriors (and adopted this version of his vintage cardback colors look). The style of the belt / kilt on the "main" design reflects my recent take on Battle Armor Randor, which is what prompted me to use the vintage cardback colors and the inclusion of his "past" looks.
    excellent idea.
    awesome work, congrats!

Movie mayhem!
    Hey guys started a new job and time kinda zipped past. Ill try to get the poll up Sunday night. Great entries. If you have something you want to enter you have 30 hours to do so. So it isnt too late.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Hey guys started a new job and time kinda zipped past. Ill try to get the poll up Sunday night. Great entries. If you have something you want to enter you have 30 hours to do so. So it isnt too late.
    New Job! Congratulations! Thats always exciting and nerve wrecking

Thanks for taking the time anyway, iīm really excited about this poll!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

pretty sure the 30 hours is up by now and still no sign of the poll. Come on, I want to know how badly I lose this one

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    pretty sure the 30 hours is up by now and still no sign of the poll. Come on, I want to know how badly I lose this one
    Maybe he meant 30 days???

I would to know when i can start with my first Tuskador sketches…..!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Start them now! (I started when the Poll first went up )
    My Deviant Art http://seraphyn303.deviantart.com/

My Art Blog (pretty old but where most of my MOTU stuff is) http://sera-sketch.blogspot.co.uk/

I am currently taking commissions.

maybe you guys should hand over the reigns to some others, this contest has gone on for way to long. at this rate you will be doing 2 or 3 a year, & nobody will care by the time the results are posted.

Quote Originally Posted by D&D View Post
    maybe you guys should hand over the reigns to some others, this contest has gone on for way to long. at this rate you will be doing 2 or 3 a year, & nobody will care by the time the results are posted.
    I think you are a little harsh here but itīs true the last few challenges lacked more and more in precision and date lines.

Hopefully you guys can bring this challenges up to speed again. It would be a shame if they would get lost.

I hate to say it but I have been thinking the same thing for some time now. Contests take ages to start, then deadlines come and go, get extended and come and go...again and then when the poll is supposed to start that is also frequently late.

If things happening in their lives are stopping Patreek or Pyre from doing these properly I fully understand, but perhaps they should step down and let someone else take control who can keep to a schedule. Just as long as it's not me, you think these 2 are slow I would make them seem like perfect hosts

Hey Folks,

Sorry for the delay.

I just think Patreek and I got used to checking in and when we see that one of us has responded to the thread, the other assumes it's taken care of.

I dont think the feedback is harsh. It's right on.

I'll make sure the deadlines are met and kept serious. I'm sure Patreek will too from now on. We've both kind of lost our way on the org, but I assure everyone that I'm here to stay and The challenges will persist!

Sorry for the wait everybody. I'll get the poll up tonight!

PYRE