Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Icer Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Icer Video Review by Pixel Dan

Another figure many of you probably have, but here's the video regardless! Enjoy!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Another great review. Though I've had him for over a week now, I still can't resist watching the reviews. A simple yet excellent character.

Icer and SOH won't be breaking anytime soon, translucent plastic is normal plastic, just dyed not colored opaque. Transparent plastic is the clear as hell stuff you see CD cases made of....and Mattel as far as MOTUC does not have the right, Hasbro can do it and not have it break, just not Mattel for MOTUC, for whatever reason.

Icer is made of normal PVC & ABS plastic, just like every other normal figure in the line....Roboto's chest, Goddess' crotch (not her arms and legs), Photog's lens are all made from a different more brittle formula, not sure if it's supposed to be ABS or what, but whatever formula the factories for MOTUC use, it's garbage plastic....for whatever reason.

- - - Updated - - -

And I too love Ice characters....so much I may be buying my first DCU figure when she comes out....Ice, she is...well, hot. And Ice Armor He-Man is one of the only couple 200X figures I actually like, well for him it's more about the armor and the rest of his gear than it is the actual roided out He-Man sculpt.

I also love translucent things....
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Really love this guy. Cannot wait to get hold of him - thanks for the review Dan
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Chewer of Trollans
    I'm not satisfied until I see the review, so thank you, Dan.

Widget
    Dan,
    Thank you for the review and thank you for making them family friendly every time! My 7 year old and I watch your reviews every time you post one. Parker then does little reviews of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-the-Shogun View Post
    Dan,
    Thank you for the review and thank you for making them family friendly every time! My 7 year old and I watch your reviews every time you post one. Parker then does little reviews of his own.
    That is so awesome! I always love hearing that a child enjoys the videos. That's what it's all about right there! Thanks!

I´m not a child anymore but i enjoy them as well

Icer looks so fragile because of the translucent plastic and i really hope there is no problem with him but if Mattel says it won't happen, i trying to believe them…the record makes it a bit hard but i have faith!

Thanks for the cool review!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I´m not a child anymore but i enjoy them as well

Icer looks so fragile because of the translucent plastic and i really hope there is no problem with him but if Mattel says it won't happen, i trying to believe them…the record makes it a bit hard but i have faith!

Thanks for the cool review!
    Translucent plastic is not the fragile plastic....the crystal clear plastic that Mattel factories for MOTUC use, that is the fragile plastic that has plagued the line....maybe Mattel needs to find factories like Hasbro uses, they seem to have the clear plastic down pact.
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    I've been told I'm still a child and I'm totally ok with it. Another awesome review, even if it is for a "basic" figure. Sometimes it's the basic figures that are the best. The original MOTUC He-Man is still one of my favorite figures in the line. Had he had an actual sheath on his back, he'd be perfect. Keep up the awesome reviews!

Dude we had the figure for quite a while now, why review it.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Just because a lot of us have the figure, doesn't mean everyone does.... Why keep asking why, when Dan still has a job to do? He's doing it, he reviews figures....plain and simple. No one forces anyone to watch the reviews.
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone mind if I field this one?

PD has reviewed every single figure since the beginning of MOTUC. Normally he gets early samples, but lately he hasn't been. He's still doing the videos for such figures because someone out there might want a bit of insight about the figure or be on the fence about buying one. So instead of questioning why he's reviewing a figure that "we" had for quite a while now(I still haven't received mine, nor have others), maybe question why you decided to ask said question in the first place?

Nice review Dan, as always. It's funny, I have the figure (still in the box) and I never knew what the back of his head looked like. I thought it would be hooded like Skeletors, seems odd that he's got the fur fringe all the way around his face but the back of his head is not covered. Still an awesome figure.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I only got mine Friday; had I held off on my pile of loot or the UPS truck been Slower, this would have been a preview for me. Besides, there's been more than one time I learned something I didn't realize about a figure I had in hand that I got off one of Dan's reviews.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Anyone mind if I field this one?

PD has reviewed every single figure since the beginning of MOTUC. Normally he gets early samples, but lately he hasn't been. He's still doing the videos for such figures because someone out there might want a bit of insight about the figure or be on the fence about buying one. So instead of questioning why he's reviewing a figure that "we" had for quite a while now(I still haven't received mine, nor have others), maybe question why you decided to ask said question in the first place?
    Boredom? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    Nice review Dan, as always. It's funny, I have the figure (still in the box) and I never knew what the back of his head looked like. I thought it would be hooded like Skeletors, seems odd that he's got the fur fringe all the way around his face but the back of his head is not covered. Still an awesome figure.
    And this....some people use Dan's reviews as a way to see the figure, many collectors collect MOSC....and want to see the figure in 3D....
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Why I asked
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I just like to watch his shows. PD is sexeh. lol.

Bringing up the Green Goddess was an odd statement. We know that the translucent plastic was not related to breakage in that figure.

I would just like to restate how great it is that your reviews are "family friendly". I watch these videos with my children, and it's good to not have worry a Pixel F Bomb!

Seriously Dan, thank you!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Hemotoggy View Post
    I would just like to restate how great it is that your reviews are "family friendly". I watch these videos with my children, and it's good to not have worry a Pixel F Bomb!

Seriously Dan, thank you!
    I concur. I appreciate the adult topic, without the adult language! thanks!

Thanks to everyone who answered that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Bringing up the Green Goddess was an odd statement. We know that the translucent plastic was not related to breakage in that figure.
    I brought that up because of all the folks who have fears of tranlucent plastic breaking. That was specifically for them to let them know they should have no fear.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Because many of us like the reviews, even if the figure/item has already been released. Why can't you review something that has been released? People do it all the time. It seems your question serves no other purpose than to antagonize when the answer is clearly obvious.

Pixel Dan could care less about me (unless I could help him in some way), but doubtlessly myself and many others thoroughly enjoy his reviews. They are professional and well done and worth it to many of us no matter when they are released.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...Great review, as always! I would also like to mention that the blue & silver He-Man axe from the 1st weapon-pack goes PERFECTLY with Icer as a secondary weapon!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

I need an Ice Armour He-man now to fight him.