Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll Results: Favorite variant characters for MOTUC!

Poll Results: Favorite variant characters for MOTUC!

Here are results to see how folks ranked potential variant characters in the MOTUC line. The main page poll setup by Adam Tyner ran for a week and 1200 votes were cast, giving us a good confidence rating on the results. And thanks to Danielle Gelehrter for organizing the whole thing and to the fans on the forums for helping narrow down the initial list!

1. Hordak (Filmation)
    2. Skeletor (New Adventures Toy)
    3. Terror Claws Skeletor
    4. Sorceress (Mike Young Productions)
    5. Skeletor (1987 Movie)
    6. God Skeletor (1987 Movie)
    7. Laser Light Skeletor
    8. Snake Armor He-Man
    9. He-Man (1987 Movie)
    10. Laser Power He-Man
    11. Flying Fists He-Man
    12. King Hssss (200x Toy)
    13. Tung Lashor (Filmation)
    14. Prince Adam (200x Toy)
    15. Clawful (Filmation)
    16. Ice Armor He-Man
    17. Trap Jaw (Mini-Comics)
    18. Camo Khan
    19. Starburst She-Ra
    20. Catra (Princess of Power Toy)

The popularity spread between characters remained relatively consistent until we got to #12 King Hsss, where there was a notable drop. Then it stayed consistent again until we got to #18 where there was another notable drop in popularity.

What are your thoughts on the results?

And, please head over and vote in the "Jetlag characters in MOTUC" fan poll to help rank which characters you'd love to see in MOTUC.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    The Org sure does like Skeletor variants.
    NA Skelly was my top vote. Im surprised Snake Armor/Ice Armor He-Man didnt do better, they usually get more love in these parts...
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I only had three (Tung Lashor, Adam, Catra) I really would like to see, none of them cracked the top 10.

I just have to chuckle and move on.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'm disappointed my fave (MYP King Randor) was nowhere on the list.

I also would have bet $$$ that Filmation Clawful would have been higher.

NA Skeletor is the only one that really interests me. I'm looking forward to the Jetlag poll.

Yay!!! I am so happy to see Ice Armor He-Man in the Top 20 at #16. Woo hoo!!!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Hmmm, Filmation Hordak #1....well I guess those that thought Filmation variants weren't wanted....need to rethink that one. F Hordak is the POP and Filmation fans Iconic Hordak, not Darkbob Graypants (granted I like Classics Vintage Hordak too, just his Filmation version better), at least they have his shield with the Horde Troopers. Not to mention #15 is Clawful....

I can see the Skeletor Variants, God knows the line is flooded with He-Men....But FF He-Man #11 under #3 Sports Bra Skeletor....hmm.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

wish adam was in top 10 but really NO flimation Versions of He-man/Skeletor
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mitchyba...ow=grid&view=0 my youtube chanel with my he-man collection please take a look and subscribe always updating my motu

No Disco Skeletor? Hmpf. This smacks of corruption.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Wow!! Looks like Skeletor stole the show!! Half of the top 10 spots are taken up by him.

Filmation Hordak was my top choice, glad to see him come in at #1. I'm surprised to see SB She-ra and vintage Catra at the bottom.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I am inclined to believe there would have been a different #1 had Disco Skeletor been up. Kind of surprised 200X King Hiss did so poorly. It is too bad Catra did not get any love either. With a BG Teela base mold, so easy to do.
    Last edited by Odie1Knobe; July 29, 2013 at 12:29am.

I was a wee bit surprised by the placing of Ice Armor He-man, but only because I love that variant so. Other than wanting 200X King Hsss higher and having no interest in Filmation Hordak, the list isn't too far off my wants.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

very dissapointing results.

top ten characters are skeletor & He-Man? Sigh...guess toy companys do know what they are doing filling toy shelves with series after series of 8 versions of the main character, and maybe one bady and one other hero.

Sigh....dissapointing.

Sure, Filmation Hordak we can all agree needs to be made the most. I'll take that as wonderful.

And sure, I know MYP Sorceress was in there but really, it's all Skelly/He-Man. Clear as day.

My top ten (with Hordak at top) were basically all the other characters we havent already had variants of, followed by NA Skeletor (since NA He Man needs his match obviously).

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post

top ten characters are skeletor & He-Man? Sigh...guess toy companys do know what they are doing filling toy shelves with series after series of 8 versions of the main character, and maybe one bady and one other hero.

Sigh....dissapointing.

Sure, Filmation Hordak we can all agree needs to be made the most. I'll take that as wonderful.

And sure, I know MYP Sorceress was in there but really, it's all Skelly/He-Man. Clear as day.

My top ten (with Hordak at top) were basically all the other characters we havent already had variants of, followed by NA Skeletor (since NA He Man needs his match obviously).
    I agree with this sentiment. People complained for years about the "endless" He-Man and Skeletor variants in the 200X line, and now they're the most wanted variants? Are you KIDDING me?! There are quite a few I like on that list, but man oh man, I'm very sad Catra and She-Ra aren't higher up. Catra's basically an entirely different character!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Happy to see Filmation Hordak at #1, that was my top pick. Really a must have imo, surprised he hasn't been done by now. MYP Sorceress was my second pick, and she also did very well at #4, which surprised me. I really want this figure, but I didn't know she was so popular. Those are the 2 variants I feel strongly about, so it's nice to see other fans dig them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I agree with this sentiment. People complained for years about the "endless" He-Man and Skeletor variants in the 200X line, and now they're the most wanted variants? Are you KIDDING me?!
    The difference is, these variants are well known and come from source material. Very few variants from 200X had anything to do with the actual mythos.

Movie Skeletor, Movie He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, NA Skeletor and the rest have a solid history behind them. Jungle Attack He-Man, Smash Blade He-Man, Spin Blade Skeletor, not so much.

Anyway, aside from MYP Sorceress, the top ten almost mirror my own vote. So glad to see the movie variants get so much love.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Sigh....dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I agree with this sentiment. People complained for years about the "endless" He-Man and Skeletor variants in the 200X line, and now they're the most wanted variants? Are you KIDDING me?! There are quite a few I like on that list, but man oh man, I'm very sad Catra and She-Ra aren't higher up. Catra's basically an entirely different character!
    The only He-Man I care about left is Flying Fists, same with Skeletor....Terror Claws....Filmation Hordak is my #1 variant want though....

And @darkspecter....Filmation Clawful is the same....his variant is basically a different character than the Vintage Classics version.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchybabysc View Post
    wish adam was in top 10 but really NO flimation Versions of He-man/Skeletor
    How would a Filmation He-Man and Skeletor even be possible? New harnesses with less detail? They already told us all figures are done in the Classics style.

I can't say I'm surprised by the love for Skeletor. It's Skeletor after all. Hordak is a major villain, so I see why getting a variant of him in Filmation colors is of interest.

NA and Movie Skeletor over God Skeletor???

toy Catra and green Trap Jaw so low on the list???

200x Hssss so low at #12??? (c'mon fans, we need a fixed snake body!!)

Other than Filmation Hordak, I really didn't pick this line up.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'm very happy to see Snake Armor He-Man as the most wanted He-Man variant!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

1. Hordak (Filmation)
    2. Skeletor (New Adventures Toy)
    3. Terror Claws Skeletor
    4. Sorceress (Mike Young Productions)
    5. Skeletor (1987 Movie)
    6. God Skeletor (1987 Movie)
    7. Laser Light Skeletor
    8. Snake Armor He-Man
    9. He-Man (1987 Movie)
    10. Laser Power He-Man
    11. Flying Fists He-Man
    12. King Hssss (200x Toy)
    13. Tung Lashor (Filmation)
    14. Prince Adam (200x Toy)
    15. Clawful (Filmation)
    16. Ice Armor He-Man
    17. Trap Jaw (Mini-Comics)
    18. Camo Khan
    19. Starburst She-Ra
    20. Catra (Princess of Power Toy)
    Bold ones are the ones I voted for !!! Glad I was right on many !

ANNNNNNNNNNND,

Skeletor has virtually THUMPED He-Man on variants poll !! It would been interesting how Filmation Skeletor would have performed in this poll. Too Bad............. he wasn't included !!!
    Last edited by TUC138; July 29, 2013 at 12:25pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

I was surprised to see God Skeletor rank so high. He was much lower on my own list. On the reverse side of things, I thought the mini-comic Trap Jaw would rank higher. But hey, whatever folks like is what they like!

Why do SOOO many people want Filmation characters in the classics line is my beef? didn't they make a new line for those guys? Blue Hordak really?filmation character ranked all on the bottom for me personally but what ever I guess I'm the only one who wants laser Skeletor and he-man (heck they'll be the only variants I'll open)
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1