Thread: hello from Belgium

Widget

hello from Belgium

Hi there,

Being 36 during my childhood playing with HE-MAN was my main thing back then

Now my children are 5 and 7 they're intrested in them too.

As many I went looking for my old toys, unfortunately my mother gave away most of the good stuff to other children back in the days. I had most figures (about 20) in the 80s and the skull castle, etc etc

The only remains I found

DSC05739.jpg

oh well, we'll see what I can find locally.

that's great that your kids are getting into it. Welcome to the org!
    and cheers from the U.S.!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Widget
    just wondering is there a link somewhere what I need to look for for genuine early 80s models, and what what the value could/should be so I don't overpay them.

I see figures going from a few bucks to hundreds of dollars, so I guess it depends on how rare a certain model is, but how can you tell?

A listing would be helpfull with the models and current values (boxed or played) so I know what to look for.

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome VintageSpeed.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Brassy Baroness
    On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, VintageSpeed!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

Glad to hear you are raising your kids right!

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Welcome! What part of Belgium? I visited your country when I was younger and loved it!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Widget
    Close to Antwerp, so Dutch speaking.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hey, what does MOC meen?

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Welcome to He-man.org! Hope you enjoy your time here.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Widget
    hey can anyone give me a link to a thread or site that covers the 80s models and their value played and moc. I assume some models are difficule to find and expensive, as some are all around and cheap... But if you're new to this, how can you tell?

Hi vintageSpeed and welcome!

For your first question if you havn't found out already. MOC means Mint On Card, als nieuw op kaart.
    Your second question is realy hard to answer because it all depends on the actual item (state of the figure and completion of the accessoiries) and what the current interest is in these figures.To get the best idea of what a figure is running for you'd have to check completed auctions on all the webshops etc out there. You'll find that figures are cheaper in the States but the shipping is murder so you'd have to buy big lots from there so it all depends on how you want to collect where you'd should buy your toys.

Now not to keep you completly in the dark! The figures that are the hardest and most expensive to get are the figures only released in Italie (Giants, LL figures). Then after those the figures produced last in line when the hype was dying.

So my tip is to go to; http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toycollection.php?id=1 that section of the org. You can find all figures there with the year produced, variants and most info you need to learn everything about the toys. That's not to ship you off, I could tell you all that but I'd be retyping that page.

Now I'm from Holland but don't let that withhold you asking me for info or help in the future for the things you can't find but first have a look in the link above. If you think you had most of them with 20 figures you'll be pleasantly surprised! You're wallet won't, your kids will!
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!