Thread: New Member Intro, Hello From Ohio

New Member Intro, Hello From Ohio

Hi everyone, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Chris from Dayton, Ohio. I just recently re-kindled my love for the original He-Man world! I am 33 so in the early to mid 1980's I was a huge He-Man fan. My grandmother would take me to a local store each weekend and I was allowed to get one new figure a week. At some point I must have had every US released figure, I had Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, various vehicles, the slime pit. etc etc.

I opened and played with all of them and they have all been long gone (sadly). I have an eight year old son and I just got him into He-Man thanks to the episodes being on Netflix, although now they have been recently REMOVED! The only thing on there now is the He-Man & She-Ra movie, and the 2002 Masters of The Universe series.

Long story short he is diggin it and I have been buying loose figures at a local flea market each weekend. I have been paying anywhere between $2.00-$5.00 depending on completeness / condition. I am hoping to get as close to complete as possible with these loose figures and hopefully snag a few carded figures if the pricing is right.

It is a great feeling buying these old figures and remembering being his age.

Cheers!

Welcome, ADVChris! So cool to hear about your youngling liking He-Man!

Thanks, so far I have aquired the following loose figures.

He-Man
    Price Adam
    Thunder Punch He-Man
    Mechanek
    Beast-Man (however legs were just broken off)
    Battle Damage Skeletor
    Triclops
    Grizzlor, & a Grizzlor complete with bow
    Extendar
    Fisto
    Man At Arms
    Clawful
    Two-Bad

I am buying up loose ones for him to play with, I would like to start buying a few good condition completes, carded or un-carded to keep for myself.

Does anyone know a good place to purchase those clear plastic protectors that a loose He-Man fits in?

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome ADVChris that's a stout collection so far,do you get Retro TV where you are?They have He-Man and She-Ra on there Saturday mornings.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

welocome to the org, ADVChris! and i love to hear about parents getting their kids into he-man. that's awesome.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    Welcome ADVChris that's a stout collection so far,do you get Retro TV where you are?They have He-Man and She-Ra on there Saturday mornings.
    I will have to look into that.

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, ADVChris!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

Cheers? That's so British? Are you a Wright-Patt transplant or just not like any of the other Daytonian I know?

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Welcome to the boards! Glad to see someone else from the Buckeye State!
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Welcome to He-man.org! Hope you enjoy your time here.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

[QUOTE=Judith;3300294]Cheers? That's so British? Are you a Wright-Patt transplant or just not like any of the other Daytonian I know?[QUOTE]

LOL!, not a WPAFB guy. Native Daytonian, my family is from Kent, England originally and I have a slight craft beer addiction so I like to throw out a Cheers from time to time lol

Thanks for the welcome!