Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sub Buddy Program

Sub Buddy Program

I had a thought on Club Eternia Sub Match Making/Buddy Program:

Would people be willing to sub up together or through someone else to just get the pieces they want?
    For example:
    Person A is a PoP fan. They want each PoP figures only.
    Person B is a MOTU fan. They want MOTU figures only.
    Person C is a New Characters Only fan. They only want the never before made characters.
    Person D is a NA fan. They only want NA.

If the four of them got together to buy a sub, that would be 1 more guranteed sale (which hate or not is all that Mattel is worried about right now). Either one of them (Person A, B, C, or D) buys it and ships out the figures or they go through someone else (i.e. Me) who buys the sub and collects the money and ships out the figures. That way no one is stuck with unwanted figures (i.e. the current FFM issue). They could do monthly subs to save on shipping. It's sort of what Big Bad does.

It could also be a way of getting a second sub for just the figures you want.

Would anyone be interested in something like this?

If you think it would be something you'd be interested in, post in this thread. I'll see what I can do to link possible subscribers.
    I think the basics I would need are location (USA or International) and what you would be interested in.

It will be on a first come first serve basis.

For Example:
    I'm in Virginia and I'd be interested in Filmation and MOTU.
    - Or -
    I'm in Pennsylvania and I'd be interested in PoP.
    - Or -
    I'm from Japan and I'd be interested in Filmation, Mini-Comics, NA, and PoP.
    - ETC -

Following in the lines of blackiecats and Missile-Toe...

List of Responders:
    User Name: - :Location: - :Faction/Interests
    Dayvid: - : UK : - : PoP
    Cairo: - : Texas : - : New Adventures, New Characters, Filmation, & Rio Blast
    Hordeall: - : ?? : Anything but PoP
    Sun Devil: - : Iowa : - : Anything but New Adventures
    tmc1984: - : UK : - : Vintage MOTU Only
    Scorpia: - : UK : - : Pop Only
    mkpat: - : VA : - : Vintage Only
    GFunny: - : PA : - : Vintage and Unnamed One
    powerofGS: - : Louisiana : - : Some Vintage and Filmation
    Last edited by EagleOne; August 5, 2013 at 06:54am.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    EDIT: Deleted!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; July 31, 2013 at 02:36pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    I'm from United Kingdom and would be interested in NA figures only! (inc. any NA Skeletor Variants and NA She-Ra/Teela etc)
    Guessing you no longer want Hydron and other NA figures from me?
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Guessing you no longer want Hydron and other NA figures from me?
    Yep, still do! Just edited my above post! (I didn't read the thread properly ;P )
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; July 31, 2013 at 04:23pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Hey, that sounds like a good idea. I've often thought about getting a subscription but there are some i don't really care about getting.

I've had a look at the newest figures due out and I'm more interested in the PoP figures that are coming out soon.. so i guess i could get on board for that? I don't know how it's going to work or anything yet.. but i thought i'd let you know i might be willing to do this!

I am from the UK so if that makes it difficult i understand. But any more info on how this would work, please let me know!

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvid View Post
    Hey, that sounds like a good idea. I've often thought about getting a subscription but there are some i don't really care about getting.

I've had a look at the newest figures due out and I'm more interested in the PoP figures that are coming out soon.. so i guess i could get on board for that? I don't know how it's going to work or anything yet.. but i thought i'd let you know i might be willing to do this!

I am from the UK so if that makes it difficult i understand. But any more info on how this would work, please let me know!
    It might actually benefit you in the long run. If you find a stateside sub partner, I can promise you that you would pay significantly less in shipping cost if they go to that person initially than if you had ordered directly from Mattel.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I'm just hoping that we can find someone that would want some of the other stuff and then link you and that person up to buy a sub.

Hi I'm in El Paso texas and I want hydron, plunder, and unnamed one !

Quote Originally Posted by CAIRO View Post
    Hi I'm in El Paso texas and I want hydron, plunder, and unnamed one !
    So you'd be interested in New Adventures, New/Concept, and Filmation Figures?
    Last edited by EagleOne; August 1, 2013 at 12:51pm.

I'm up for it if other people are on board!

With the subscriptions we're talking aobut.. when does it start? Jan 2014? Sorry i'm pretty new to subscriptions!

Heroic Warrior
    I havnt sub'd yet but I found someone that wants my NA figures

Im looking for someone that will buy the POP figures at cost

I do not want ANY POP so they can be shipped one at a time or all at once to save you on shipping

Heroic Podcaster
    I have subbed since the beginning and already have an arrangement with a PoP fan for those figures. I'm looking for a NA fan to take those figures off my hands for cost plus shipping to you. I'll even eat the shipping to me.

NA fans out there, PM me!
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
    I havnt sub'd yet but I found someone that wants my NA figures

Im looking for someone that will buy the POP figures at cost

I do not want ANY POP so they can be shipped one at a time or all at once to save you on shipping
    PM Dayvid! And Dayvid PM Hordeall!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    I have subbed since the beginning and already have an arrangement with a PoP fan for those figures. I'm looking for a NA fan to take those figures off my hands for cost plus shipping to you. I'll even eat the shipping to me.

NA fans out there, PM me!
    Sundevil try contacting Cairo. He might be willing to take the NA stuff off your hands.

If any of you get your partner(s) let me know. I'll edit the list.
    Or if you come to an agreement and need a "broker" to buy the sub, collect the money, and ship out the pieces let me know as well.

I have messaged hordeall!

I'll tell you what happens

Heroic Podcaster
    I PMed Cairo. No word back yet.
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Heroic Warrior
    I just need Two-Bad and Modukok. I am in Louisiana

I will sub too if someone buys my NA and POP figures. I am in VA.
    My post count just got bigger.

If anyone else is interested in subbing, i am still open to buying people's PoP figures. PM me price of shipping etc. I am in talks with someone else but not sure what's happening there...

This is a great idea .. . Kudos

I'm from PA and interested in everything vintage including nameless one and the sled combo
    New Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage and Classics

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    I will sub too if someone buys my NA and POP figures. I am in VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    This is a great idea .. . Kudos

I'm from PA and interested in everything vintage including nameless one and the sled combo
    Added the both of you.

Please if you read this go out and spread the word in the other Forums. I don't want to be a Spammer but if a few people are mentioning it once in a while, I think it would serve us all pretty well.

Anyone else want to do this? Based on postage to UK... i'm wanting the PoP figures from the sub!

PM me

Heroic Warrior
    Hello!
    I'm in need of someone to take the NA and POP figs off my hands, and I'll buy a 2014 Sub.
    Please contact me ASAP if interested! Please email me at: silver_shamrock3@yahoo.com

Thank you!

I'd sub If i can partner with others. I'm in Minnesota and only want vintage MOTU. (Of course the unnamed one too.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

What im doing is this- I wrote out the names of the reveals from sdcc on both subs. With DC,I only wanted to keep one, MOTUC all. So basically, I add a sub whenever I get full preorders on what's been revealed.

Heroic Warrior
    I´ll try putting my name in this as I am not sure I can afford a full sub (Ive been wrestlng with it, trying to make it work in my head). My real needs are all of the POP figures. I would also be looking for Two Bad as well (him and Flying Fists He-Man are all I need to complete recreating my original vintage collection), but I would be willing to sacrifice him if need be (despite no DOS). I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.