View Poll Results: True or False: Hydron convinced me not to sub.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

8 6.50%
  • False:

115 93.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: True or False: Hydron concinced me not to subscribe.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar

True or False: Hydron concinced me not to subscribe.

This is the simplest way to quantify how negative of an effect this one figure is having on sub sales.

If you voted 'true'-that Hydron did convince you not to subscribe, please mention a character that could have been announced that would have made your decision different.

And for fun, if you voted 'false'-that Hydron did not convince you to pass on the sub, please mention if he was a positive influence in subscribing.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Hydron is totally necessary! Even if NA is severely limited, as I fear it may be in the end, as long as we get him, NA Skeletor, and Flogg, I could say that at least the crucial characters made it in. Of course, many more would be great, especially more Mutants and Sagitarr.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I would have got my usual 5 subs no matter who was revealed at SDCC.

With that said, Hydron has always been my favorite Galactic Protector, so I was very happy to see him at SDCC.

If someone like Hydron would keep anybody from subscribing, then the subscription probably wasn't a good idea for them anyway.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I was going to sub regardless of who was shown.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Not even remotely true.

A- I'm here til the end.

B- I hate Hydron as a character, but he's needed & turned out great.

C- If he or a NA figure wasn't shown it would have killed all my remaing trust & faith in TG. Scott delivered what was promised. Top EW, Horde, POP, Filmation & GG. Not sure what more people could want. Especially after Blade, a Snakeman & Extendar OR Blast Attak have been confirmed also.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I don't believe one figure has that much of a negative impact on subscriptions, especially in a vintage heavy year with Two-Badd, Modulok, Glimmer coming in. Hydron is essential and just as important to motu like any other "B or C" lister from the original era. He looks amazing and can double as a naval eterian guard or underwater MAA for those with their own imaginative canons.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

No one figure would ever cause me to or not to subscribe. I like Hydron, but he didn't make it or break 2014 either way for me. I'm in because I want Modulok, Entrapta, Double Trouble, Quakke, Sagitar, etc.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I like Hydron. His inclusion showed to me that Mattel was sincere in their promise to finish of main characters in the lines. It was a positive influence in my decision.

I would have subscribed anyway but Hydron is a welcome NA addition to my home! Now bring on Mara(prototype version) and Sagitar!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Court Magician
    For me, it doesn't matter who they reveal, Im subbing! But Hydron is so crucial. He is a must have figure, and I cant imagine people not buying an entire years sub full of awesome toys, just because of Hydron.

I am up for any NA characters, but no matter what we still need Hydron, Flogg, and NA Skeletor.

I have NO interest in NA and Hydron...until I saw what the 4 Horsemen did with him and now he's one of my most wanted in 2014. Fantastic action figure.

Hydron is a key character of the New Adventures Chapter of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. MOTUC is an anthology of MOTU's history. While NA may not be everyone's favorite chapter; it STILL IS PART of MOTU and should get AT LEAST their key characters... Also, he looks WAY BETTER than I expected.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I was subbing no matter what, so Hydron didn't influence me one way or another. I do think, however, that some potential subbers do have tunnel vision, and a more "alluring" character should have been used. But, to be honest, if people say that one single figure convinced them not to sub, they aren't truly being honest....they weren't going to sub anyway, or never really had any intentions to.

I think Hydron is an essential character, and more importantly, he looks awesome. Whether you like NA figures or not, you have to admit the 4HM really make them look great. If one figure is going to convince you to not subscribe, then subscribing is not for you. Glimmer almost convinced me to not subscribe, but I figure I can pawn her off on some rabid POP fan if I don't like her when she comes in the mail.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    False- Hydron looks awesome, and I want him- though I am hoping he comes with a second, unhelmeted head!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior
    Why/how are there 2 poll threads about this? What bad news about Hydron did I miss? Is his paint toxic or ankles pre-planned to be loose or what?

I put in my sub before the SDCC reveals, and NA has never affected my decision to sub.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Why/how are there 2 poll threads about this? What bad news about Hydron did I miss? Is his paint toxic or ankles pre-planned to be loose or what?
    Nothing like that at all. I'm just trying to gather some empirical data about how Hydron altered the sub purchase decisions of board members.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Hydron will play no part in me subbing or not subbing.... I will be subbing as soon as I can....I don't like NA, I don't want the figures, but I can live with one or two "duds" in my opinion....

Hydron doesn't matter to me, still subbing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    This is the simplest way to quantify how negative of an effect this one figure is having on sub sales.

If you voted 'true'-that Hydron did convince you not to subscribe, please mention a character that could have been announced that would have made your decision different.

And for fun, if you voted 'false'-that Hydron did not convince you to pass on the sub, please mention if he was a positive influence in subscribing.
    I guess Hydron isn't bothering many....hmm, go figure. 36 to 1.... Who thunk it?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Actually Hydron is kinda cool but any other NA character and I would have been out. I hate slushhead and Karrati. I hate the space mutants from the NA line. I wish they would have had better villans. The heroes from this faction are way better than the villians.

The Hydron reveal had no impact on my decision. I was going to sub regardless. However, I am happy he was revealed. I hope it doesn't stop at Hydron and we get more Protectors.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

I was going to sub no matter what, but this next year is more exciting after seeing Hydron. He looks awesome! Every NA figure has looked great so far.

Hydron is one the best reveals and made obtaining a subscription an easier decision.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

Never liked NA as a kid. The cartoon didn't hold my interest, and the action figures always seemed like cheap knockoffs to me as a kid. Now after collecting the NA figures in the current line, I've really started to see what could have been. The horsemen are making these guys awesome this time around so I'm not disappointed to see hydron in the sub.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    NA is awesome and I'd love to see all of the vintage NA figures redone in MOTUC along with the most memorable cast of the Jetlag animation.
    I'm happy to see Hydron is being released next. If the 2014 sub fails, I hope it gets redone in 6 figures a year and hope that makes it for years to come!
    MOTUC still has great potential imo.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=