Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about an Avion Guards?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar

How about an Avion Guards?

I was cleaning my MOTUC figures and changing their weapons when I realized some things about Stratos. As figures we have gotten so far, we kind of got gipped on him. There was no alternate head or any real weapons to speak of. He is essentially a Beastman body. We didn't get an "alternate" head or even weapons. I do not think the rocket pack or wings took up much tooling budget.

I'm also hopeful that since we are getting an Eternian two pack this year, that an Avian two pack might be possible. It would be a good chance to throw in Hawk and an Avian guard.

The two pack would also give a chance for Mattel to redeem themselves and get Stratos some weapons.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    As long as Horde Troopers are first, I could care less.

Heroic Warrior
    Ehhh... I wouldn't be interested...

They have regular stratos... and reversed color stratos... Possibilities of fleshtone stratos... too many varients to start making generic guards TOO....

I'd just use TRU version for Avion guards, and hope they make an actual 'Hawk' figure instead.,

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    If Mattel produces Delora, i donīt need Avion guards.

Avion warriors, Arachna warriors, Kex warriors, Caligar Warriors, Qadian warriors....there's a lot of army builders that would be nice to get, but I doubt we'll see them all. The rage will eclipse the sun if the next army builder is not the Horde troopers. The only set that might get by are the Snake Men.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Avion warriors, Arachna warriors, Kex warriors, Caligar Warriors, Qadian warriors....there's a lot of army builders that would be nice to get, but I doubt we'll see them all. The rage will eclipse the sun if the next army builder is not the Horde troopers.
    Agreed x1000.

I think it's a good idea. I'd like to see an Avion/Andreenid two-pack.

Actually, I'd prefer Hawk/e as a stand-alone figure. But otherwise, bring on the Avion guards.

There were Avion guards or Bird Men of Avion long before there were Horde Troopers so they are fair game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Avion warriors, Arachna warriors, Kex warriors, Caligar Warriors, Qadian warriors....there's a lot of army builders that would be nice to get, but I doubt we'll see them all. The rage will eclipse the sun if the next army builder is not the Horde troopers. The only set that might get by are the Snake Men.
    As much as fans want the Horde Troopers, I think people would readily accept Snake Men warriors and maybe even 200x Slime Pit Mutants if released before the Horde Troopers.

The "wow" factor would quickly overtake the disappointment!

Of course, the army builder I most want is Skeletor's flying Robot Knights but I guess we'll be waiting a long time for them.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Of course, the army builder I most want is Skeletor's flying Robot Knights but I guess we'll be waiting a long time for them.
    Those are what I want most as well.

I would be on these in a heart beat. Bring on the meat to be cut down by the Heroes and Villians.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I think it's a good idea. I'd like to see an Avion/Andreenid two-pack.
    hmmm... I hope the army builders are always the same faction. If I'm intrested in Snake men... I don't want to get stuck with Andreenids... Or I may want a small group of Horde soldiers, but have no interest in Eternia guards...

Army builders should build armies.

Id love to see some Avion guards after Royal and Horde. Hopefully as filmationy as possible.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Yes I hope we see a number of army builder 2 packs, especially Avions and Adreenids, but I agree Horde Troopers and Snake Men first please. I honestly can see it being Snake Men before the Horde Troopers since we'll be getting King Hsss this year, I can see this being a big Snake-Men year
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    hmmm... I hope the army builders are always the same faction. If I'm intrested in Snake men... I don't want to get stuck with Andreenids... Or I may want a small group of Horde soldiers, but have no interest in Eternia guards...

Army builders should build armies.
    The 2-packs aren't necessarily for people who want to build armies of figures. "Army builder" is a term collectors use, not what Mattel said.

I'll be buying one Palace Guards 2-pack, as will others. When you consider how expensive these are, I think it's more likely most people won't be buying more than one or two.

Besides, if you get two different factions, you can build two armies at once.

As long as we get Hawk, I would buy a pack.
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    The 2-packs aren't necessarily for people who want to build armies of figures. "Army builder" is a term collectors use, not what Mattel said.

I'll be buying one Palace Guards 2-pack, as will others. When you consider how expensive these are, I think it's more likely most people won't be buying more than one or two.

Besides, if you get two different factions, you can build two armies at once.
    Which ONLY works if you WANT two armies... I do NOT want Aracne soldiers.. and I do NOT want Adreenid soldiers...

If the only way to get horde troopers is to get one with one of these... then that is garbage.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'd prefer having Hawk & maybe Stratos wife. an army builder would be good much later down the line.

Avion guards for me, please!

As far as Avions go, getting one of the girls is a top priority.

Honestly, I kinda wish Mattel would mix up the army builders. I mean, I plan to buy two and get the 4 Guards. If they mix 'em up and I buy two, I'll only have two of each - so that sucks - but it would get out the various characters quicker.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Which ONLY works if you WANT two armies... I do NOT want Aracne soldiers.. and I do NOT want Adreenid soldiers...

If the only way to get horde troopers is to get one with one of these... then that is garbage.
    Happily, Toyguru has confirmed the army builder 2 paks will feature 2 of the same warrior, just with minor differences i.e. 2 Royal Guards with differences (swapable armor plates and differing heads), 2 Horde Troopers with a minor difference.

We won't be getting a random Snake warrior and a random Mer-warrior.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'd like to see armies of all the various races. Avions, Andreenids, Snake Men, Mermen, Beastmen (for Gy-Gor's army), Kex, Arachae warriors, etc etc etc. I'd definitely dig on an Avion 2-pack with a male and female warrior, various heads, different styled jet packs, maybe some kind of clip-on armor. It'd be awesome.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Heroic Warrior
    Not a fan of Stratos and his people, so no interest for me...

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    what about a 2 pack with hawk and delora?

Heroic Warrior
    At this point I just want to finally get the palace guars two pack.

Yeah, I would buy an Avion Guard pack. That being said, it wouldn't rock my world or anything like that. We need Horde troopers. They're iconic.
    END OF LINE