Thread: A suggestion for international fans...

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

A suggestion for international fans...

I know a lot of our brethren overseas are being put off by high shipping costs right now through Matty. Understandable, but there may be some ways to get around that. For a couple of years before I had to sever ties with Matty, I was getting two subs, one for me and one for a buddy in Ireland. He'd reimburse me for the sub costs, the extra US postage, and the overseas shipping, and still came out ahead of where he would have been dealing directly with Matty. We saved even more because he was a loose collector, and I just popped everything out of the package before packing it up, allowing me to use a smaller box.

So maybe some of the domestic fans can help out our brothers and sisters overseas in this or a similar way. Maybe we could start a thread in the appropriate forum (if someone hasn't already) to help folks hook up. For the folks on this side of the ocean, you help a fellow fan, keep the line going, and may even learn a few things along the way about another culture. Learned some interesting things about leprechaun legends (which are a lot different than what we see on TV) myself, among other things ).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

This is basically how Ive been getting 2013 figs. This way Matty has an extra sub sale and I get to purchase the figs when I am able to.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

This is actually a great idea. Maybe a thread should be started in the marketplace for International Fans to find US fans willing to help out?
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!