Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Lord Dactus Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Lord Dactus Video Review by Pixel Dan

Lord Dactus is here. Enjoy!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Super freaking awesome!!!
    Where is my shipping notice!!??

OMG he's perfect!!!! **drools**

My favorite MYP character is finally in the line.

Thanks Dan for the great review.

Now I want a toyline of Gargoyles Classics. Someone kitbash Dactus into an awesome Goliath. This I Command!
    Last edited by Jean; October 13, 2013 at 11:57pm.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    Dactys is awesome! Great review Dan! Looks like you and Toyguru are in a matching mood with your Horde sweatshirts Also seems Scott is missing you at NYCC, only referencing you like 10 times in the Cooltoyreview walk-through

This really isn't a criticism BUT Dactys doesn't really look as "Classicized" as I would have expected. He seems like he's sort of half way between the 2000x style and Classics style. Maybe that's the way it should be, but I wonder if that's going to cause him to look a bit out of place next to the other Classic figures. Still glad to get him.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Heroic Warrior
    That is a seriously impressive looking figure.

Who on Earth is Princess Vess, and do I need to worry about her becoming a figure? LOL
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    This really isn't a criticism BUT Dactys doesn't really look as "Classicized" as I would have expected. He seems like he's sort of half way between the 2000x style and Classics style. Maybe that's the way it should be, but I wonder if that's going to cause him to look a bit out of place next to the other Classic figures. Still glad to get him.
    Ive been thinking the same thing. He is a great figure but seems to veer more toward 200X than MOTUC.

I can't wait to get this guy!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Thanks for the review Scott, i mean Dan, sorry you two are so difficult to tell apart memo to self "Pixel Dan is the that doesnt break the figures during reviews"

p.s. still loving the Plundor avatar
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Dactus is too hyper anime for my tastes. I thought that look was supposed to be retired?

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool...........m

Really amazing figure. He is just so huge! Thanks for the review Dan.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Nice review! I look forward to adding him to my collection as soon as my subs arrive from Matty.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Awesome figure, cannot wait to get him!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I've been waiting for you to review this guy for awhile now. I agree that the ankles should've been able to tilt side to side for a better ability to stand, but he is still a great looking toy!

Thanks for another great preview. It's helping me figure-out how I'm going to salvage this figure. I like the armor much more now but the hands, head, and geometrically shaped toes have got to go.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Very impressive figure. But did they seriously not include ankle rockers? Bummer.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Snappy Threader
    Very nice. I am lukewarm on the character but the figure is kickin. Great review Dan.

I agree. He looks awesome, but different. I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to see him with an assortment of figures.

Heroic Podcaster
    Agreed 100% but that's okay with me. I already have the FILMation stuff off in it's own display, as well as the NA, so having a 200X section works for me.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue
    Perfuma Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor Twistoid

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    A nice figure for those that want him but I have no desire to own this character so an easy pass for me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the preview, Dan !

Now, we KNOW why Lord Dactus' sample didn't reach Pixel Dan earlier : he suffers from a flaw ! Namely, the NEW feet (and like almost anything NEW with Mattel design, it's a FAIL !), which don't allow him to even STAND PROPERLY !

Remember that ALL the other figure samples came in time. Only the flawed one came later on... what an unfortunate "coincidence" !

It's really a crying shame , because otherwise and apart from this flaw, Dactus is a VERY BEAUTIFUL AND IMPRESSIVE figure...

Awesome looking figure, and I can't wait to get this nasty puppy in hand... Too bad his feet aren't as stable as I hoped, as always Mattel design at their best!

Thanks Pixie for the review.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.