Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 136

Thread: Club Etheria/POP Mini Sub Speculation Thread

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Veronica Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey aka Cali
    Posts
    395

    Club Etheria/POP Mini Sub Speculation Thread

    I searched through 17 pages of threads and couldn't find one devoted to this, so if I'm doubling up I'm sorry. That said...

    How would you see a PoP/Etheria mini sub handled?

    Which ever characters aren't slated for the main sub?

    Filmation characters like Madam Razz and Dylamug?

    Concept characters like Josh and Bubble Carriage Girl?

    Vintage Toy versions of characters like She-Ra and Catra?

    All new characters, like Draego Man for PoP?

    Or some combination there of, or something totally different?
    A PONY!!!


    "I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    A PoP mini-subscription would be awesome!

    I would like it to concentrate on the biggest and best since MOTUC is in crisis mode.

    Since it would presumably have a small budget, perhaps the following: Madame Razz and Broom (the major incentive to sign-up for the subscription), Peekablue (able to share parts with Netossa), Perfuma (no "gimmick" so should be fairly cheap to produce), General Sunder (able to share parts with Horde Troopers), Granita (able to share parts with Tallstar) and Flutterina (able to share the wing mechanism with Sweet-Bee and Angella).

  3. #3
    Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    www.smashbros.com
    Posts
    1,661
    I need this in my life.

    I'd like it to include a bunch of the vintage characters, with maybe 1-2 Filmation characters. Scorpia would be a good lure, and they can put Huntara here as well. For the rest, they should filter out a few of the GR ladies that would be harder sells like Double Trouble (no cartoon appearance) or Perfuma, and some bigger draws like Entrapta, Mermista or even Angella. Madame Razz might work as well, if the rest of the mini-sub are low-tool/easy-tool characters.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

  4. #4
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,941
    I wonder if Scorpia could head up a mini Club Etheria sub, perhaps as an exclusive. No other character would help sell the sub as much as she would! and if it's 6 figures + Scorpia sub exclusive, then fans can't cry foul too much as 7x $25 figures isn't that big of a commitment. Yes I'd love an extra Scorpia, but at this stage in the game Mattel need guaranteed sales on the lesser demanded POP characters like Perfuma and Flutterina. It would probably cause a stir with those buying the main sub and expecting to get her in that though

    I doubt Madame Razz would be viable for a mini sub slot due to the amount of unique tooling and she would probably need the main sub's support.

    I could see a She-Ra sub looking like this: Queen Angella, Peekablue, Perfuma, Flutterina, Spinnerella, Entrapta (and Scorpia as the sub exclusive) Again due to the tooling needed Mermista would be a main sub figure. I expect Loo-Kee and Filmation Kowl to be pack ins later in 2014. Imp should come in 2014 too somehow...

    That leaves Sweet Bee and Double Trouble for 2015.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

  5. #5
    Our Universe a Sunder! Veebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    791
    I would love this! I think a couple of big draws at the beginning with some moderate new tooling, followed by 4 more figures that would require less. So I would choose:

    Scorpia
    Angella
    Double Trouble (possibly with Loo-Kee)
    Entrapta
    General Sunder
    Flutterina

    You have some big guns, some less demanded, a couple of Horde members to get Horde fans on board and... Sunder! Who would be cheap to make and male in the mix and will look awesome.

    That would leave some demanded characters like Mermista, Razz and Sweet Bee for the regular subs, along with a few less expensive figures in Peekablue, Perfuma and Spinnerella.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

    Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

    Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior MsMarvel fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    297
    I've thought about this a lot. As much as I would love characters like Josh, catra's cat warrior and He-ra, I would rather have a minisub that helps to expand my great rebellion with existing filmation GR characters.

    based on the filmation sub, I think there would be three major hitters announced, and one teased. I'm thinking Angella, Scorpia, Sunder. I'm thinking Peekablue because most of her reuses Netossa and that would help keep tooling costs low.

    I can only dream that Hunga would be there. I don't think they would use more than one male character, saving someone like Micha/red knight or general blast or dylamug for the regular sub.

    Sweetbee sticks out to me like someone we could see in a minisub. Mermista, like others have speculated, would be an oversized item so we can have legs and mermaid bits. I also think we'd see more heroes than villains. Considering Huntara's popular vote at SDCC, I could see her being used in a minisub to help ensure the success. I can hear Scott saying, "I never said she'd be in the main sub!"

    I think Razz is 2015 sub bait, or an SDCC item packed with twiggets.

    Perfuma is a character I do not see fitting into the main sub, and so I wouldn't be surprised if she were in Club Etheria instead. This could be just personal bias, but I don't find her visually appealing and I think she'd be harder for anti-pop collectors to unload than the star sisters.

    Spinerella and Flutterina have just as much chance as Entrapta or Double Trouble, though the latter two have affiliation to the Horde which would make them more appealing to the main sub.

    Cat form Catra (although in a Q&A Scott said no) would be a welcome addition.

    Regardless of the final line-up, a Club Etheria mini sub would be the best thing ever.

  7. #7
    Gimme Granita! Scorpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,451
    I'd be all over a Club Etheria. I'd buy two, without a doubt.

    Scorpia would be the best sub-seller, perhaps with someone like Mermista. I'd prefer a mixture of Filmation and toy characters - eg. Vultak, Scorpia, Entrapta, Granita, Mermista and Spinnerella. That'd be a pretty stellar lineup.

    However...I do think that an all-female sub would be incredibly newsworthy among action figure collectors and geek circles, so something like Mermista, Entrapta, Peekablue, Spinnerella, Sweet Bee and Double Trouble would also be a great selection.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

  8. #8
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,556
    I want them to somehow get Filmation Hordak out there, and the correct look for him too.

    That said, if they offered no other mini sub than POP, I'd probably buy it. I love the POP figures, Frosta and Castaspella being my favorite two, and owning all but 3 of the MOTUC females, Frosta is my #2 female behind Teela....however Casta may move Frosta, I'll have to see when she gets here.

    I didn't come into Classics a POP fan, I wanted my Vintage used to haves, and that was it, but seeing they all didn't exist yet, and still don't I opted to expand my collection, and bought BP She-Ra and Swiftwind on their original DOS....and I was hooked on POP, now, I want them.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    876
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mini-Sub with Mermista, Peekablue, Spinnerella, Perfuma, Flutterina, and Sweet Bee is the way to go. Queen Angella, Madame Razz, Scorpia, and the rest are too important to the overall mythos to not be included in the main line. I think most of us would be alright without getting the above 6 in the main line. So the sub helps everyone out. Those who want it can get it. Those who don't, don't have to worry about it. Although, if they did something goofy and put Razz or Angella in it, then I think most of us would have to get it. Probably shouldn't be giving Matty any ideas.

  10. #10
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    Vintage Toy versions of characters like She-Ra and Catra?
    This please!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,992
    I think Scorpia and Huntara are potentially both in this kind of sub--although since they're both Filmation characters that may be skewing my expectations.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  12. #12
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,738
    I'd be on board for this! Etheria boasts a ton of fantastic characters who I would like to add to my MOTUC collection.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  13. #13
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,053
    I would still like to see the classic POP characters, Scorpia and Razz in the main sub, so I would like to see either:-

    Media POP mini sub (mix of comics and Filmation)
    Despara
    Josh
    Crimson Fury
    Vultak
    General Sunder
    Hunga The Harpy

    Or a mini sub dedicated to toy versions of the POP figures already released
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,367
    I'd have it focus on the main PoP gals, so that group has the best chance of being completed. And, I'd have them match the current style as the ones already released (style guides, mostly)

    Queen Angella
    Sweet Bee
    Double Trouble
    Perfuma
    Spinnerella
    Flutterina

    Mermista, Entrapta, and Peekablue can be in the main sub.

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I'd have it focus on the main PoP gals, so that group has the best chance of being completed. And, I'd have them match the current style as the ones already released (style guides, mostly)

    Queen Angella
    Sweet Bee
    Double Trouble
    Perfuma
    Spinnerella
    Flutterina

    Mermista, Entrapta, and Peekablue can be in the main sub.
    *Almost* agree with you. Replace Angella and Double Trouble with Mermista and Peekablue, and it works. I really don't see the remaining PoP girls in the main line, unless they're heavy hitters. Double Trouble has the double agent thing going for her. Entrapta is Horde. Angella is the Queen of Brightmoon. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see those 6 figures in the main line.

  16. #16
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,529
    Entrapta
    Peekablue
    Flutterina
    Perfuma
    Spinnerella
    Double Trouble

    Basically the less popular characters that would be deemed possible under performers....

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    722
    I'm still not sold on the idea of a POP sub considering that we're guaranteed all the vintage characters in the main sub over 2014 and 2015. The only possible argument (and I think it's a fairly weak one still) could be that POP fans are paranoid that the 2015 main sub will fail, leaving their beloved faction incomplete (even though that would affect every faction equally).

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior MsMarvel fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'm still not sold on the idea of a POP sub considering that we're guaranteed all the vintage characters in the main sub over 2014 and 2015. The only possible argument (and I think it's a fairly weak one still) could be that POP fans are paranoid that the 2015 main sub will fail, leaving their beloved faction incomplete (even though that would affect every faction equally).
    I'm not sure if you're serious. A pop mini sub would be more pop. Additional figure slots to give us more figures and keep the same amount on the main sub, not in lieu of the main sub. We want more. And the character choices are awesome.

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mini-Sub with Mermista, Peekablue, Spinnerella, Perfuma, Flutterina, and Sweet Bee is the way to go. Queen Angella, Madame Razz, Scorpia, and the rest are too important to the overall mythos to not be included in the main line.
    This, i like this answer, I'm giving this answer as my answer because it just seems the most sensible thing to do.
    Plus on a personal level it means I'd have to subscribe to guarantee me a Mermista and Peekablue, so it makes buying the sub seem essential and not just an extra (like the Filmation Sub's inclusions of Shokoti and Seahawk have done this year)

  20. #20
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'm still not sold on the idea of a POP sub considering that we're guaranteed all the vintage characters in the main sub over 2014 and 2015. The only possible argument (and I think it's a fairly weak one still) could be that POP fans are paranoid that the 2015 main sub will fail, leaving their beloved faction incomplete (even though that would affect every faction equally).
    I'm not sure if you're serious. A pop mini sub would be more pop. Additional figure slots to give us more figures and keep the same amount on the main sub, not in lieu of the main sub. We want more. And the character choices are awesome.
    I think s/he's totally serious. We're already guaranteed to get a lot of PoP in 2014/2015: all or almost all of the vintage PoP figures, plus some Filmation PoP figures. Some other factions aren't going to be that lucky at all (particularly New Adventures, which by the end of 2015 isn't even guaranteed to have a complete main roster of A-list must-haves, let alone a complete or near-complete updated vintage collection). A NA minisub is really much more needed than a PoP minisub for true fairness in the factions. Also, since the remaining vintage PoP characters are already going to be taken care of by the main sub (and don't waste your time dreaming of Mattel releasing additional toy-version variants of those characters, because we already know that won't happen), most of what would be covered by a PoP minisub would be better served as part of a general Filmation minisub (but again, I think a NA minisub is much more needed than any other minisub).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; September 14, 2013 at 12:23pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    570
    i never met so many men in my life that liked she-ra let alone one.. very interesting..

    she-ra did have some cool characters, though. i just recently watched it months ago, though it was a lil to girly for me and i realized why i had no recollection of the cartoon as a kid, but it did have some great characters..

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior MsMarvel fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I think s/he's totally serious. We're already guaranteed to get a lot of PoP in 2014/2015: all or almost all of the vintage PoP figures, plus some Filmation PoP figures. Some other factions aren't going to be that lucky at all (particularly New Adventures, which by the end of 2015 isn't even guaranteed to have a complete main roster of A-list must-haves, let alone a complete or near-complete updated vintage collection). A NA minisub is really much more needed than a PoP minisub for true fairness in the factions. Also, since the remaining vintage PoP characters are already going to be taken care of by the main sub (and don't waste your time dreaming of Mattel releasing additional toy-version variants of those characters, because we already know that won't happen), most of what would be covered by a PoP minisub would be better served as part of a general Filmation minisub (but again, I think a NA minisub is much more needed than any other minisub).

    Completing vintage pop gives us characters we want, but not characters that haven't been done before. A pop mini sub would give us filmation characters, possibly lady bird characters and a larger assortment to expand our nearly complete line up. Like bonus figures, the way filmation was a bonus to the main sub.

    NA has a handful of figures. There's not interest in making many more in the main sub. I can't see a mini sub being offered to expand the ranks of the lowest supported characters with extreme disinterest from the majority of people who support the line.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I think s/he's totally serious. We're already guaranteed to get a lot of PoP in 2014/2015: all or almost all of the vintage PoP figures, plus some Filmation PoP figures. Some other factions aren't going to be that lucky at all (particularly New Adventures, which by the end of 2015 isn't even guaranteed to have a complete main roster of A-list must-haves, let alone a complete or near-complete updated vintage collection). A NA minisub is really much more needed than a PoP minisub for true fairness in the factions. Also, since the remaining vintage PoP characters are already going to be taken care of by the main sub (and don't waste your time dreaming of Mattel releasing additional toy-version variants of those characters, because we already know that won't happen), most of what would be covered by a PoP minisub would be better served as part of a general Filmation minisub (but again, I think a NA minisub is much more needed than any other minisub).

    Completing vintage pop gives us characters we want, but not characters that haven't been done before. A pop mini sub would give us filmation characters, possibly lady bird characters and a larger assortment to expand our nearly complete line up. Like bonus figures, the way filmation was a bonus to the main sub.

    I would trade the tears of all NA fans for more pop figures, and I shouldn't have to because mattel recognizes the disinterest of most of their customers in anything New Adventures. (Which is why there are so few of them in the line, not because of unfairness.)

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior Jinxieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    721
    I think it would be really smart to include some Filmation Horde characters to entice people who might not see POP as a priority.

    Something like:

    Peekablue
    Filmation Hordak w/ Imp
    Sweet Bee
    Entrapta
    General Sunder
    Spinnerella

    This gives a good mix of Great Rebellion and Horde and a mix of male/female figures that could have broader appeal to more people.

  24. #24
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    Completing vintage pop gives us characters we want, but not characters that haven't been done before. A pop mini sub would give us filmation characters, possibly lady bird characters and a larger assortment to expand our nearly complete line up. Like bonus figures, the way filmation was a bonus to the main sub.

    I would trade the tears of all NA fans for more pop figures, and I shouldn't have to because mattel recognizes the disinterest of most of their customers in anything New Adventures. (Which is why there are so few of them in the line, not because of unfairness.)
    So you're using the same arguments against NA (which you obviously don't appreciate that much) that the vintage-only people have been constantly using against PoP (which they dislike as much as you dislike NA and consider it as marginal and "unworthy" as you think of NA), even down to an outspoken contempt against the fans of that part of the MotUverse you don't care about.

    Do I need to remind you of how PoP was lacking most of its A-listers (like Glimmer, Kowl or Castaspella) for long years and the vintage-only people justified that situation by saying that "there is not enough demand for PoP within the MotU fanbase at large" and everytime a PoP figure got released we heard loud wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from them, and how uncaring and selfish that sounded to PoP fans' ears?

    And FYI, there are more than enough NA characters to fill not just one 6-slot minisub, but several years' worth of full 12-slot subs. And completing the main line-up of A-list NA characters (such as Mara, Crita and Sagitar) should definitely be a priority before getting into C- and D-list PoP characters (such as obscure Ladybird characters and such).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior MsMarvel fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    So you're using the same arguments against NA (which you obviously don't appreciate that much) that the vintage-only people have been constantly using against PoP (which they dislike as much as you dislike NA and consider it as marginal and "unworthy" as you think of NA), even down to an outspoken contempt against the fans of that part of the MotUverse you don't care about.

    Do I need to remind you of how PoP was lacking most of its A-listers (like Glimmer, Kowl or Castaspella) for long years and the vintage-only people justified that situation by saying that "there is not enough demand for PoP within the MotU fanbase at large" and everytime a PoP figure got released we heard loud wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from them, and how uncaring and selfish that sounded to PoP fans' ears?

    And FYI, there are more than enough NA characters to fill not just one 6-slot minisub, but several years' worth of full 12-slot subs. And completing the main line-up of A-list NA characters (such as Mara, Crita and Sagitar) should definitely be a priority before getting into C- and D-list PoP characters (such as obscure Ladybird characters and such).
    This is a thread about a pop mini sub, so I'm here to discuss it, and support it. Further, I do not think the lack of characters produced makes NA more deserving than pop of a mini sub. I think the opposite. I would rather have bonus pop figures (figures we might not see included in the main sub that are made available only because of the themed mini sub wether they be horde, great rebellion, 200x wraiths, Catra's cat men). We know, because Scott has said, there isn't a lot being produced from NA and that vintage pop is likely to be completed. This isn't because of how I do, or do not, feel about the factions.

    Just as before, I would gladly trade the tears of the grieving NA fans for more pop because no feasible amount of character releases for NA could bring that faction near to completion given the situation of the line. Not because I don't like NA or its fans, but because wether they like it or not, it isn't possible to give them a complete roster.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •