Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Club Etheria/POP Mini Sub Speculation Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Has Mattel ever made any official statement on how well the Filmation sub sold? I've seen people posting that it did great or didn't meet expectations with equal confidence. I still don't really understand why the mini-sub didn't need a base level of subscribers when it's the entire focus of the main sub model. It's level of success will surely factor into any decisions on a 2014 mini-sub and it's character/era choices.
    Not really, but there have been comments similar to "we'll need to see how day of sales go", also looking at the Filmation mini sub most of the figures have had little new tooling to keep costs down.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    If they offer a Club Etheria mini-sub, I'll sub-up immediately.

But I really hope it's strictly vintage POP. Get the easy-to-do, minor new tooling gals out of the way in one fell stroke, maybe offering 1 must-have to bait it, but mostly, we have 9 PoP women left to do, and 6 slots in a mini-sub would guarantee they all get made by 2015.

My choices would be:
    Entrapta
    Double Trouble
    Flutterina
    Spinerella
    Perfuma
    Peekablue

That would leave Angella, Sweet Bee, and Mermista (a likely Deluxe figure for 2015) for the main sub.
    My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - LIZARD MAN, Kittrina, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena, Masque
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead, Lizzor, Hoove
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST, 4H alien 'Zodaq', Tony Guerrero Prototype

Count me in! This would be a perfect solution for bringing the girls in fast and furious! It doesn't have to be 6 slots, it could be 8 or 10, or have an oversized (Clawdeen) I'd be very happy.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

With no Grayskull-sized item next year I'm quite happy to cram in as many figures as possible before the price goes up in 2015.

Just as long as I can combine any extra subs with the quarterly shipping on my main one! I'm having none of this 'have to wait until the second delivery before they'll combine' nonsense!

I really am not sure if it will be a POP minisub. Maybe an "animation" minisub so it can cover a larger audience group.
    How cool would it be to get a sub like
    Flutterina, Prahvus, Lizardman, Double Trouble, Delora/Hawke, Fimation Hordak with Imp

Or any combination. Those r just an example. I really would be happy with any addtional figures we get. I just think instead of Filmation or POP a more general sub like " animaiton"

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    I really am not sure if it will be a POP minisub. Maybe an "animation" minisub so it can cover a larger audience group.
    How cool would it be to get a sub like
    Flutterina, Prahvus, Lizardman, Double Trouble, Delora/Hawke, Fimation Hordak with Imp

Or any combination. Those r just an example. I really would be happy with any addtional figures we get. I just think instead of Filmation or POP a more general sub like " animaiton"
    I must admit I would also prefer a more general animation mini-sub.

To be honest, I'd prob pass on subbing unless they threw in General Sundar , Red Night or maybe Dylamug.

In the roadmap All Pop is supposed to be planned already.
    I really think Mini Subs should be for figures we otherwise would not get.
    such as another Filmation Sub, obscure character sub, concept char sub etc.

I mean I wouldn't want to see an NA, 200x or vintage add on sub either since eventually if the line goes on, most of those guys will be made.

I'm pulling for a 2nd Filmation sub this year so hopefully we can get Lord Maske who I've been waiting for a long time.

I would like:

Madame Razz (+ Broom)
    General Sunder or King Micah / Red Knight
    Peekablue
    Mermista
    Flutterina
    Double Trouble

Angella should stay in the Main sub.
    Last edited by Icer1; October 16, 2013 at 07:41pm.

At this point a Club Etheria mini sub seems inevitable if they want to finish the vintage line before the end of 2015. We've seen 7 of the 12 monthly figures, and we know one of the five remaining slots will be a snake man, which leaves 4 monthly slots and 2 quarterly slots. If two or three of the remaining slots go to pop characters that leaves 5-6 pop characters (I think Loo-kie will be a pack in) plus Madam & Broom. That would be half of next year's sub, and I don't think they'll do that

I think the best line up for a pop mini sub at this point would be

Flutterina & Perfuma - Of the characters left from the vintage line these two have the most "girly" designs and offering them outside of the main sub, might help ease the backlash from the anti pop folks about the other pop girls in the main line

Double Trouble - With having very little media presence it's likely only die hard fans of the vintage line will want her

Spinarella - Being the rarest figure in the vintage line, getting her out sooner rather then later would be a kindness to the fans who never had a chance to own the vintage figure

Entrapta - As the last definitive villain of the vintage line she would help balance out the mini sub, as a bonus maybe they could toss Imp in as a pack in

Madam Razz & Broom - As I understand it mini subs have their own budgets, and Madam pretty much has to have completely new tooling, putting her in the mini sub keeps her from using too much of the main sub tooling budget.

This would leave Queen Angella, Mermista, Peekablue and Sweet Bee for the main sub. Hopefully Mermista and Peekablue in 2014 and Queen Angella and Sweet Bee in 2015
    Last edited by Veronica Mars; October 11, 2013 at 04:20pm. Reason: spelling
    A PONY!!!

"I am a new breed of doll. Psycho baby doll gone wrong, tool belt with a lollipop, curling iron, kalashnikov..."

Heroic Warrior
    I would. I dont know most of the characters but I get everything. So im down but also rather it a different sub and get the pop in my regular.sub.mixed with everything.

- - - Updated - - -

I want a vehicle sub and a warlords sub.

- - - Updated - - -

And will take a chicken salad sub with it as well.

Use this to finish the Vintage Pop Line:
    Entrapta
    Fluterinna
    Peekablue
    Sweet Bee
    Perfuma
    Double Trouble

Considering Angella and Mermista have a slot in Club Eternia.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley