Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Club Etheria/POP Mini Sub Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It's definitely popular enough.

The majority of fans are interested in everything, even though the loudest here would disagree.

Polls tell us that.

A pop sub would be awesome.

I'd buy three
    I think a large portion of the remaining subscribers are fans that are interested in almost everything. However, the argument could be made that a considerable amount of fans who weren't quit subbing over the last several years.

Personally I would rather see another Filmation sub consisting of three POP characters and three He-Man and the Masters of the Universe characters. The lack of balance in this years Filmation sub was disappointing.
    Last edited by Hosed Ovor; September 21, 2013 at 01:52am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I would buy a POP sub, an NA sub, a 200x sub, and another Filmation sub.

Bring them on!
    I like your enthusiasm! The more the merrier!

I'd love a pop sub AND a Filmation sub.

Pop:

Double Trouble
    Flutterina
    Sweet Bee
    Perfuma
    Entrapta
    Angella (unless they hold onto her for 2015; in which case give us a She-Ra variant.. Either NA She-Ra or Starburst)

Filmation:
    Masque
    Dylamug
    Granita
    General Tataran
    Vultak
    Hawke

I think Razz is a good lure for Sdcc or the main sub.

I see Mermista in the main sub too.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    My guess would be is if they see a big bump in subs in this brief window they're reopened, a min-sub is entirely possible.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    My guess would be is if they see a big bump in subs in this brief window they're reopened, a min-sub is entirely possible.
    Perhaps, but I think the sub (and Filmation this year), sold well enough to give them confidence
    At least for a good amount of products out of the main sub.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I really hope so. I never understood how Mattel could get out every vintage MOTU and POP figure by 2014. To me, if they don't make every vintage POP (excluding variants), then Classics would be a failure IMO. Fingers crossed!

And Vultak is my #1 Filmation want at this point, aside from Madame Razz.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, DARIUS,

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    I think a large portion of the remaining subscribers are fans that are interested in almost everything. However, the argument could be made that a considerable amount of fans who weren't quit subbing over the last several years.

Personally I would rather see another Filmation sub consisting of three POP characters and three He-Man and the Masters of the Universe characters. The lack of balance in this years Filmation sub was disappointing.
    I don't know? Would Mattel just "make" a 6 figure POP sub just like Filmation (without a minimum number of subscribers)? While I'd buy one, I wouldn't get any extras as the POP figures are limited in mixing and matching, hold little resale, or trade value (with the exception of Shadow Weaver) would resellers be as interested in a POP mini sub as they were Filmation? I'm wondering if they do a thermometer and it doesn't reach the minimum what would that mean for POP figures getting completed? While I like most of the POP figures and have zero issues with their design aspects I just see "some" Club Eternia subscribers who would welcome the exclusion of most POP figures.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I don't know? Would Mattel just "make" a 6 figure POP sub just like Filmation (without a minimum number of subscribers)? While I'd buy one, I wouldn't get any extras as the POP figures are limited in mixing and matching, hold little resale, or trade value (with the exception of Shadow Weaver) would resellers be as interested in a POP mini sub as they were Filmation? I'm wondering if they do a thermometer and it doesn't reach the minimum what would that mean for POP figures getting completed? While I like most of the POP figures and have zero issues with their design aspects I just see "some" Club Eternia subscribers who would welcome the exclusion of most POP figures.
    As I stated in my post I would prefer a balanced Filmation sub consisting of three figures from each cartoon series. Although, I wonder if Filmation Hordak could be used as a successful lure for an all POP sub if he wasn't available DOS?

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    A meter would be a giant slap in the face of all the people who have been waiting for these.

Filmation sold just fine with a roster of obscure cartoon characters that only we, hardcore Motu fans, recognize.

We tend to forget that.

Pop wouldn't do worse... Plus, pop fans tend to buy multiples. So that would help.

Castaspella is selling on eBay for about $30 on average.

Icer and Shokoti are selling for the same.

So is Jitsu...

It's pretty equalized.

Plus, if Mattel smartly makes the pop sub a SUB ONLY option, then resellers will be encouraged to buy.

A meter would be a giant slap in the face of all the people who have been waiting for these.

Filmation sold just fine with a roster of obscure cartoon characters that only we, hardcore Motu fans, recognize.

We tend to forget that.

Pop wouldn't do worse... Plus, pop fans tend to buy multiples. So that would help.

So is Jitsu...

It's pretty equalized.

Plus, if Mattel smartly makes the pop sub a SUB ONLY option, then resellers will be encouraged to buy.
    I must admit you make some excellent points. I think what has hurt the secondary market value of some POP characters isn't the characters themselves but Mattel's lackluster execution. Castaspella highlights that there is sufficient demand for POP characters when Mattel doesn't cut corners or their design team doesn't botch the figure.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    A thought, would a POP sub contain just vintage POP characters or would Filmation POP be included as well? I for one would love both but POP vintage is severely lacking in the line and still needs several characters released. On the other hand, my most wanted Filmation characters are all from POP.
    It could be said that, as far as MotUC is concerned, anything PoP is in fact Filmation PoP, since every vintage PoP character so far has been released in its Filmation look (with the notable exception of Kowl).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    I wonder if Filmation Hordak could be used as a successful lure for an all POP sub if he wasn't available DOS?
    Yeah, a PoP sub will do fine as long as they include some "general appeal" heavy-hitters (and cleverly use the no-DoS "weapon"), rather than just the less popular vintage girls. Something like:

-Filmation Hordak, with Imp & some of their transformations (sub-exclusive oversized release, no DoS)
    -Hunga the Harpy
    -Vultak (sub exclusive, no DoS)
    -Perfuma
    -Entrapta
    -Spinnerella

(4 gals + 2.5 guys, 2 goodies + 4.5 baddies, 3 vintage + 3.5 Filmation, although all 6.5 would actually come in their Filmation look). Some mix along these lines could work just fine. But if, instead, they go with something like:

-Sweet Bee
    -Peekablue
    -Entrapta
    -Perfuma
    -Flutterina
    -Spinnerella

(6 gals + 0 guys, 5 goodies + 1 baddie, 6 vintage + 0 Filmation), then that could prove a tough sell.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I think this would be great cuz, dagnabbit, the POP fans have earned it. It's also probably the only sub that I have NO doubt about it going through, even of there wasn't a single figure you could only get via the sub.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    A POP sub would be cool. It would be awesome if it also included characters from the Filmation cartoon: Hunga, Granita, Sunder or Vultak could be mixed with characters like Flutterina, Spinnerella or Double Trouble.

By the way, I believe that main characters like Angella, Mermista, Peekablue or Madame Razz should be kept in the main subs...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    You aren't the only person who lost money on those figures. Ask BBTS how much they lost. I seriously can't believe that we got those characters before A list POP characters like Glimmer, Casta, Angela, Frosta, Mermista....

There are many conspiracy theories why we got the Star Sisters first and I tend to believe a few of them.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior

We tend to forget that.

So is Jitsu...

It's pretty equalized.

$30 isn't a worthwhile investment when they are $25 ($27) before shipping. I know I've read a few times that the Filmation sub wasn't as successful, not a huge disappointment (like Ghostbusters, and DC this year) but not exactly an overwhelming smash. And they did reopen subs for various reasons, including gaining any extra ground. Mattel also invested in getting the rights to produce Filmation characters, so to gain back some of that investment they didn't slap a minimum on the Filmation sub. If they make it sub only that should help resellers confidence in supporting a POP mini-sub, but we'll see what happens? Personally a 2014 Filmation mini-sub would be a streth without key variants, to me they've done nearly all the popular characters (Fang Man, Shadow Weaver, Icer, Octavia, Seahawk, Strong Arm, Batros, Shokoti, Huntara (eventually), Scorpia) and even 2 I'd say are less than stellar choices (Plundor and Nepthu), while some are interesting I think I would only really miss Lord Masque and most others would say Madame Razz.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    There are many conspiracy theories why we got the Star Sisters first and I tend to believe a few of them.
    Conspiracy theories as to why they made the Star Sisters first? First out of what? 1st 3 pack?

Madame Razz
    Huntara
    Mermista
    Angella
    Entrapta
    main sub

Perfuma w/ Kowl
    Flutterina
    Sweet Bee
    Spinnerella w/ Loo-Kee
    Double Trouble
    Peekablue
    PoP sub

Vultak
    Dylamug
    Hunga
    Kittrina
    Lizard Man
    General Sunder
    Filmation 2 sub

This would make me happy as a clam over the next two years.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

*fingers crossed*
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    You guys all know I'm not a subscription person at all...

But if a POP mini-sub is the way to satisfy POP fans quicker, then so be it !

Personally, I must add that I'll continue to buy MOTUC figures to my excellent reseller, and that I'll only buy female figures who don't suffer from flaws or QC issues. Right now, there are very few female figures that I still need, but if the quality of female figures is improved, I'll certainly buy more...

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Do you really think that they are going to shove 9 more vintage POP figures (not including Loo-Kee) into a year and a half? We already know the lineup of figures for the entire first half of 2014 and there's only 1 single vintage POP in there. Take into account that we will be getting at the minimum 2 Filmation POP figures (Huntara and Madame Razz) and there is not enough room to spread all those figures out. There has to be a mini-sub or multi-packs coming. Taking into account that 2015 is not even a guarantee I would gladly welcome as many POP figures next year as possible, regardless of what sub they were in.
    Call me naíve.

And maybe i am but for now i just know there could be a second vintage POP character in the second quarter as June is still not yet confirmed or let it be July than the next in Octobre and the last in December that would make four in one year.

That would leave June or July, August, September and November for vintage evil warrior(best guess Ninjor, not much tooling), Horde(...Dragstor...), Snake Man and maybe Eldor or someone from 200X or FILMATION.

2015 has 12 monthly spots we know one will be the Galatic Protector voted for at NYCC 2013 so here is my theoretical countdown:

1 Rio Blast
    2 Gwildor
    3 Squeeze
    4 Saurod
    5 Blast Attack
    6 GP VOTE
    7 Mutant(Flogg)
    8 Huntara
    9 POP
    10 POP
    11 POP
    12 POP

Rotar and Twistoid are my guess for a two pack, Sagitar is a beast slot, Mermista most likley as well since they stated with King Hsss that he was to much for a regular slot and she should be treated similar to him with legs and a fin and Multi Bot.Plus there is out of the sub items, variant slots, traveling convention exclusives and the SDCC exclusive.

And why do i believe in that because that was promised to us.

I know they keep breaking those promises, iīm looking at A-list characters for NA and apparently they are none since we have to vote that we can get at least one Galatic Protector but i havenīt lost all faith.

Here you go, thatīs my idea of believing in them.
    Last edited by Niki; September 21, 2013 at 08:49am.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I'll take a PoP sub any way they give it, but I think ideally I would like something like this:

Double Trouble
    Entrapta
    Hunga The Harpy
    Peekablue
    Perfuma
    Spinnerella

5 basic female figures that can balance out the high-tooling costs of Hunga The Harpy. Also, this line-up ensures we get the last two female "villains" from the classic PoP toyline without this whole "Fan Vote Decides! Double Trouble or Entrapta in 2015!" (which I'm sooo afraid is coming next from ToyGuru!). Anyone NOT included (Angella, Mermista, Flutterina, Loo-Kee, Vultak, Dylamug, etc etc) I feel are strong enough to put into the main sub. I feel out of this 6 character line-up that Entrapta is a nice lure... lots of people want her. And folks (like myself) want more than one Double Trouble- so if Mattel made her "sub only", well- that guarantees the buying of two subs on my part

I also think Loo-Kee could easily be packed in with someone like Perfuma, who most likely isn't going to have a second head or a ton of accessories outside of the reused shield and her "it's a bouquet-blaster backpack!" thing, and doesn't have a cape or an overly complicated outfit for Mattel to design.
    Last edited by zodak74; September 21, 2013 at 10:23am.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

The more I think on this the more I feel a POP mini-sub should be heavy or exclusive with Filmation (or media) POP figures. The MOTUC sub was sold on the basis of completing the vintage MOTU and POP lines over 2014 and 2015 plus some 'all star' figures. Some POP fans may quite rightly feel cheated if they have to support a mini-sub on top of the Club Eternia sub just to get the vintage figures made into MOTUC. the mini-sub should give us figures that were not in the vintage line, thus expanding our collections to new levels.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    its bad enough with all the other items outside the sub now you want to add more?, one of my dissapointments with the sub is it was originally supposed to be all enclusive and they keep on adding things outside it, why not put the wind raider as a beast slot, granymer instead of fighting foe men.
    dont get me wrong i would buy the pop sub ( 7up, coca cola) but look whats happening in october due to the filmation one!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I'd buy a POP mini-sub in a heartbeat! POP has the biggest number of missing vintage figures so a Club Etheria mini-sub will help balance out the release schedule in a big way. Otherwise, the 2015 sub will almost have to be an all-POP sub to catch up in time, heheh!

To ensure good sales, Mattel should throw in some popular characters. My ideal mini-sub would be...

Filmation Hordak w/ Imp
    Entrapta
    Double Trouble
    Dylamug (or General Sunder if they want to save tooling costs)
    Sweet Bee
    Perfuma

That way, this could almost double as a Filmation mini-sub too!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I would like a POP mini sub because it would mean those characters wouldn't be in the main sub and I could pass on them all together.
    Sadly, I have to agree.

Just how Plundor is (IMO) in no way strong enough to be part of the main line and should've been in the Filmation sub at best (if made at all) I don't see enough remaining PoP characters being strong enough for the main line either.

This would be a great way to cater to the different buying groups without anyone getting short-changed.

Selfishly speaking I'd prefer mini-subs for Concepts, New Characters, Modern Versions, or even NA, but this would be a good compromise for the fan base as a whole.

This alone make me hope there isn't a POP sub and that there are still 4 more GR characters in the 2014 main sub.

Joking aside it is selfish, you clearly don't believe in a toy collecting community if you're only out for yourself. We all have factions or characters we don't like as much as others but why do non-POP fans feel the need to flaunt it so much. We get that you don't like females, I don't like variants or the mini comics but I don't feel the need to say that in every thread about variants or the mini comics.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldBlade6 View Post
    A PoP mini-sub would be cool, because I want to get as many characters as possible before the guillotine, but honestly, I grew up with New Adventures, so I'd much prefer that. There are too many New Adventures characters I want that I fear we will never get.
    me too!

but a POP min-sub should be all girls. i'm tired of POP being given the short end of the stick for the benefit of he-man purists.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog