Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Club Etheria/POP Mini Sub Speculation Thread

I'd be in for a PoP mini-sub! It makes sense as this is the best way to get most of the PoP ladies finished up, since there are quite a few left.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Joking aside it is selfish, you clearly don't believe in a toy collecting community if you're only out for yourself. We all have factions or characters we don't like as much as others but why do non-POP fans feel the need to flaunt it so much. We get that you don't like females, I don't like variants or the mini comics but I don't feel the need to say that in every thread about variants or the mini comics.
    Well, no, there's a difference. The subs we have seen up to now, including Filmation, have been unknown quantities. Ya takes yer chances. If you're lucky, you'll end up happy with 80% of what comes out.

If there's a POP sub and as sub bait they say "It'll have Vultak, Sunder, Mermista, Double Trouble, and two more mystery figures!" then I'll be in. I know that I'll want at least half of them.

But if they say "It'll have Peekablu, Flutterina, Perfuma, Spinnerella, and two more mystery figures!" then I won't necessarily be in. I don't think it's selfish of me to not be jazzed about a sub if nothing they're teasing interests me.

Since I wasn't a POP fan growing up, the figures need to grab me visually and conceptually. They're all being judged equally on their individual merits. "Mermaid warrior" is cool. "Flower warrior" doesn't excite me. It has nothing to do with not liking females.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Selfishly speaking I'd prefer mini-subs for Concepts, New Characters, Modern Versions, or even NA, but this would be a good compromise for the fan base as a whole.
    Yep, I would rather have (and hope it is coming) a mini-sub devoted to the He-Ro: Son of He-Man faction. I mean, they introduced this new faction right before the sub crisis last year (and I think King He-Man is an excellent figure ) but I guess Matty has backed off on this since we are more focused on vintage characters now. I mean, who wouldn't want a Queen Teela figure?

Heroic Podcaster
    Not a PoP fan myself but Mattel needs to at least OFFER a PoP mini-sub so that PoP fans get a chance to prove that the sub could work!

Come on PoP mini-sub! (And NA, FILMation 2, Son of He-Man, bring them all on!)
    Last edited by SunDevil; September 21, 2013 at 12:14pm.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    $30 isn't a worthwhile investment when they are $25 ($27) before shipping. I know I've read a few times that the Filmation sub wasn't as successful, not a huge disappointment (like Ghostbusters, and DC this year) but not exactly an overwhelming smash. And they did reopen subs for various reasons, including gaining any extra ground. Mattel also invested in getting the rights to produce Filmation characters, so to gain back some of that investment they didn't slap a minimum on the Filmation sub. If they make it sub only that should help resellers confidence in supporting a POP mini-sub, but we'll see what happens? Personally a 2014 Filmation mini-sub would be a streth without key variants, to me they've done nearly all the popular characters (Fang Man, Shadow Weaver, Icer, Octavia, Seahawk, Strong Arm, Batros, Shokoti, Huntara (eventually), Scorpia) and even 2 I'd say are less than stellar choices (Plundor and Nepthu), while some are interesting I think I would only really miss Lord Masque and most others would say Madame Razz.
    Has Mattel ever made any official statement on how well the Filmation sub sold? I've seen people posting that it did great or didn't meet expectations with equal confidence. I still don't really understand why the mini-sub didn't need a base level of subscribers when it's the entire focus of the main sub model. It's level of success will surely factor into any decisions on a 2014 mini-sub and it's character/era choices.

I'd definitely buy two although I didn't like POP as a kid and never saw the cartoon until I was an adult. I've been posting in the "official who's left thread" that there's no way they can finish all vintage MOTU and POP in two years because it's mathematically impossible if they want to throw in several A-listers from comics, Filmation etc. Looks like I was right. I'm happy if they do as many additional items and subs as possible. As others have pointed out, there might not be a 2015 and I want as many toys as possible before the line ends.
    As others have said, they should make this sub-only and throw in Kowl, Imp and Loo-Kee to boost sales!
    Awesome sticker included!

I've wanted PoP to be it's own subscription since the beginning. PoP figures being included in the Club Eternia subscription has been a big deterrent for me since the beginning of this whole thing. Not that they shouldn't be getting made, I really want for everyone else who wants them to have the option to get them. There's even a few that I would buy for myself. But as far as a subscription, I'm sure there's plenty enough people who want em, that they could carry their own subscription.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Yep, I would rather have (and hope it is coming) a mini-sub devoted to the He-Ro: Son of He-Man faction. I mean, they introduced this new faction right before the sub crisis last year (and I think King He-Man is an excellent figure ) but I guess Matty has backed off on this since we are more focused on vintage characters now. I mean, who wouldn't want a Queen Teela figure?
    I wouldn't. Teela can't be crowned Queen. She is supposed to become the next Sorceress and renounce her previous worldly life. However, I don't have any faith in Matty/TG having an inkling of common sense in this regard, going by what they have been doing with the bios and their concept of a "King He-Man" (instead of King Adam), which doesn't make any sense either (let alone a scarred King He-Man face, since He-Man is supposed to be transformed/healed/"protected" by the Power of Grayskull and so he shouldn't have any scar at all).

I would be interested in a few of the new characters, though—like Kay-La and Dare, and maybe a son/daughter of Skeletor (call him/her whatever).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I am not the hugest POP fan but I would buy 2. I would buy 2 of almost any sub as I want ALL the figures.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I hope these rumors pan out. Definitely think tossing in Filmation Hordak and Imp as a no day-of-sale figure would help to boot numbers. Throw him in along with a mixture of good and bad females and I think it could be a success.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Canada-Man: cool. I'll take 2
    Canada-Man's wallet: ....crap

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I'ld definitely go for that!

My Great Rebellion shelf needs some lovin'!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I wouldn't. Teela can't be crowned Queen. She is supposed to become the next Sorceress and renounce her previous worldly life. However, I don't have any faith in Matty/TG having an inkling of common sense in this regard, going by what they have been doing with the bios and their concept of a "King He-Man" (instead of King Adam), which doesn't make any sense either (let alone a scarred King He-Man face, since He-Man is supposed to be transformed/healed/"protected" by the Power of Grayskull and so he shouldn't have any scar at all).

I would be interested in a few of the new characters, though—like Kay-La and Dare, and maybe a son/daughter of Skeletor (call him/her whatever).
    We'll even if they did a Sorceress Teela, I would still be happy. It would just be a shame to never see another figure in this future version of
    Motu Characters either way

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    A POP mini-sub would be an easy pass for me, but if any creature-like characters like Hunga, or lesser known Horde characters from Filmation were included, I'd definitely pick those up in DoS, or on the secondary market.

I'm all in. I hope this happens!

This would be awsome, I'm all for it!
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

The more toys the better.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Icer, Shokoti, and Batros all sold out. If the DOS is supposed to determine if another mini-sub is viable, then it is. Plus, I believe Scott or another Mattel representative stated they sold enough 2014 subs to merit another potential mini-sub.

PoP is definitely the most requested. So, if they are listening to fans, then it should probably be the next one. A six figure sub with Queen Angella, Sweet Bee, Double Trouble, Perfuma, Spinnerella, and Flutterina would be great! Maybe Filmation Kowl could be a "sub exclusive".

Filmation definitely has enough characters to merit a 2nd mini-sub, or even a FULL sub. There are so many great characters to be made, like Kothos, Kittrina, Vultak, Melaktha, Evilseed, Delora, Masque, General Tataran, Red Knight, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Lizard Man, Melog, Madame Razz, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle, General Sunder, Granita, Dylamug, Admiral Scurvy, etc. Soooooo many good ones.

New Adventures also has a lot of characters that could totally fill up a mini-sub and we've already been told that only a select few will make the line between 2014 and 2015. It is a good idea to have an NA mini-sub, especially if we have to vote between Darius, Mara, and Tuskador; three NA characters that are highly requested. A mini-sub could handle all three, PLUS three more; like Crita, Quakke, and Lizorr. Aside from Sagitar, NA Skeletor, and Flogg, those are the top six characters requested for NA.

And then there are the mini-comics and other mixed media. When else will we have a chance to get some of these awesome characters that are obscure, but demanded; like Lodar, Garn, Prince Dakon, Queen Kex, Slave Girl, Crimson Fury, Songster, Scrollos, Keclar, Shezar, Red Beast, Sharella, Queen Zal, Bruar, Masks of Power Demons, Princess Rana, and Josh.

I would love any and ALL of these characters in my collection. I dream they ALL get made.

Heroic Warrior
    I also think it is important to have some male characters on the sub.
    I personally wouldn't care for a all female sub, but if it was 3-3 or even 2-4 male/female ratio i would probably get it.
    General Sunders, Filmation Hordak and Red Knight are all names that cross my mind on this potencial sub

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    BRING IT ON!!!! I got the sense from Scott (Toyguru) at Power Con that a POP mini sub would make alot of sense but that it could not be confirmed. With the 30th anniversary and the lack on POP characters in the line (relative to MOTU) figures, this mini sub NEEDS to happen!!!!! I would actually love to see this be something like 9 figures instead of 6!!!! It should include Filmation Hordak as well and I agree that it should be "sub only" to help drive up the demand since some Classics collectors are not that into the inclusion of POP characters.

I would also love a NA, MYP, Concept Character, Comic character mini sub as well. Any way to get more characters into the line before the impending price bump for 2015!!!!!!

I'am all for mini-subs, especially a POP mini-sub. My long awaited Mermista and Angella may be part of it. More figures, keep them coming. Would love to see characters like: Bandwidth and Gladiator become a reality.

I'd be totally in for a PoP mini sub of 6 or more figures! I'd buy 2 subs if it means getting a proper Filmation Hordak with Imp (I agree to make him the exclusive to the sub). A selection like Dylamug (OH YEAH!), Vultak, Peek-a-blue, Double Trouble, Sweet Bee (any combination of 3 GR gals for that matter) to round a 6 figure mini sub would be so awesome!!! I'd want Granita, Hunga and Gen. Sunder too! A 9 fig sub would be a dream!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    I have to say that I've never been able to sub because of the monetary commitment for a bunch of figures I’ve had no real desire for, mind you I have a decent sized collection based on the ones I wanted, but I would sooo be in for a Pop Sub because then I know that I would be guaranteed to be receiving characters that I know and want as opposed to characters I’ve never seen or heard anything about in the past.

Part of what makes He-man.org work and be so much fun is because we are not all the same and we all have individual personalities and that includes our collecting habits, and hopes for future figures. I love the Idea mainly because as so many people have voiced they don’t want pop in the main sub this way they don’t have to get figures they want, but for those of us who love POP it gives us the chance to catch up on our most wanted characters before the line eventually comes to an end. As even if we went on to 2016 it would still be cutting it close in squeezing in the main Pop figures. Bring on the POP Sub!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

This would be a good manner to get all the POP woman plus extras. Count me as yes, especially if Madam Raz, Dylamug, Sunder, Admiral Survey and Colonel Blast are apart of this group.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

PoP mini sub! Count me in. =)