Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do She-Ra fans have to pay more?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    Sorceress and Fisto had day of sales.

Regardless, what you miss is that we pay $38 per figure to get many more figures we would rather be something else, than you do.
    You have to put up with a PoP character every few months. If we "support the line" and get a sub, we pay for every month in between. So you bought two figures this year that you rather would not have - we had to buy every other thing to get those two figures in order to sub and "support the line".

Get it? Probably not, but I tried.

In any case, if you are subbing next year, as we have already covered - 2014 is going to be at least 1/3 PoP, so it's time for the fans who have gotten virtually everything over the past few years to subsidize those of us who have spent just as much money as they have yet have far fewer of the figures promised that got us to sub in the first place.
    I was not complaining PoP figures taking up slots. I was saying, I don't sub, because I simply don't want half of the figures made in any given year. My collection is pretty small over all. I have the he-man/skeletor variants. Randor, marleens, orko,prince adam, sorceress, guards, adora, battlecat, windraider, marzo, and ram man on his way. If they didn't cost so much per figure, i would gladdly collect them all. I have the entire 200x line because it didn't cost me $38 each for them.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I'm not a fan of "factions." Sure, fans have preferences and I understand that, but it's all under the MOTU banner now. Anybody still clinging to "NA fan," "POP fan," "vintage MOTU fan," "200X fan," etc. should consider letting go of the idea of a divided MOTU and instead think of their "faction" as part of a greater whole. Vintage MOTU is the legendary hub from which all else grew and the subsequent "factions" are epic chapters in a larger story. Each chapter adds new elements and characters to the story. I'm happy to get characters from all aspects of MOTU and am disappointed when I see people ditching the line over character selection issues.
    I could not agree with this more.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of "factions." Sure, fans have preferences and I understand that, but it's all under the MOTU banner now. Anybody still clinging to "NA fan," "POP fan," "vintage MOTU fan," "200X fan," etc. should consider letting go of the idea of a divided MOTU and instead think of their "faction" as part of a greater whole. Vintage MOTU is the legendary hub from which all else grew and the subsequent "factions" are epic chapters in a larger story. Each chapter adds new elements and characters to the story. I'm happy to get characters from all aspects of MOTU and am disappointed when I see people ditching the line over character selection issues.
    I wish all MOTU fans thought like that Penny. Their wouldn't be any Era Wars™.

Unfortunately, the anxiety to complete eras has caused the old era divisions to re-emerge. "I don't like _______ characters.", "Getting _______ holds _________ back.", "___________ is taking away tooling from ____________.", "__________ is the reason why Classics has trouble selling subs.", "I can't sell off __________ and have to take a loss on that character!".

Preferences are fine, but I take issue with fans of "greater eras" telling fans of "lesser eras" that their characters shouldn't get made, "take one for the team" or some other euphemism. I can't wait until 2015 ends, because the Vintage only fans will be satisfied and there will be no more conflict over what gets made from THAT faction.

I loved the 2010-2011 period where fans were championing for their favorite obscure character. But when things became dire, the fandom regressed back to it's 2008 state.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

If the line had not started the way it did, probably we wouldn't be talking about it now.

If the first year would have contained figures like Mermista or Pikablue, the line wouldn't have been the success it was. Sorry, but that's my point of view. Had the line been flooded with not A rank female characters from the beginning (not even talking about the female buck parts etc), more people would have complained about it that now.

This is classics, not PoP, not MOTU, not He-Man (that's the toyline name, not NA), etc. Characters are released when considered properly (due to A rank spread, tooling, factions, etc). If someone is just interested in one or two of the factions, ok, you can buy whatever you want, but don't complain about it when you can't get a figure because it is sub only and you are not subbing, or about price rising in your faction characters (because swapping month releases would make mre expensive figures other collectors want).

And looking at He-Man toyline releases (5 in all these years, one of them a He-Man variant), where most of its characters are visually different, is funny seeing people complaining about the figures of PoP, when they double (at least) the number of the aforementioned faction with almost identical figures (girls with different hairdresses and clothes).
    Last edited by Vearn; August 15, 2013 at 04:50pm.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I'm reminded of Star Wars action figure collecting.

Some people are Vintage Trilogy only, younger fans lean more the prequel. Everyone has a favorite "moment"...Cantina, Death Star, Rebel Pilots, Hoth battle, Bespin, Bounty Hunter's, Jabba's palace, or Ewok village... Jedi Knights, Clones what have you. Some people want EU, but most don't. Clone Wars was never as popular a style/brand as the prequel trilogy but it helped move toy sales along for a few years...

If I see an Ewok, I don't hesitate, but clones BLARFG! How many of em do you need?!?! How many people buy star wars toys do you know that are "all in"? Would Star Wars toys be successful if it was ALL mail away exclusives? Is it even a fair comparison?

Exactly. Justice League, Teen Titans, Central City Rouge, JSA, bat villain, Pre Crisis or 90's, so long as it'd pre DCnU...its all DC to Me...
    My point (Admitingly, a little counter point to my above example) sometimes you HAVE to have a focus in order for a toy line to see "completion". Look at diversification of DCUC and the 2014 DC sub (probably) not continuing...Is that what WE want?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'd say NA fans actually pay the most but there are only like 5 of them..lol.
    Figures or fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    This is what too many die-hard PoP fans don't understand. It's not that some of us hate PoP and everything in it on principle, it's that we want to see those characters reimagined and brought up to speed with their true potential without being so stuck in the past.
    Fair point and I completely agree with the Snout Spout example, and I always liked that looser Going forward into whatever is NEXT, sure, I'm all for that. But this IS CLASSICS. By definition, shouldn't we just be happy with being blinded by the nostalgia of vintage purity for a little bit longer while we still have it? The new DC comics, Debut of Mini masters/iSO game and winding down of Classics seam to give the impression that something else is around the corner. Personally I'd love to see a line of 4HM "unleashed" style figurines, a spiritual continuation of the stactions.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I was talking about people who have grown tired of interacting with members like you, who seem to shut down if someone disagrees, and who makes it loud and clear, often enough, that unless you dislike pop or NA, you might just deserve an insult every now and then.

That's not fun. I know for a fact that many pop fans, for example, no longer bother engaging with comments like yours because they're tired of it.
    Opinionated and unreasonable forum members are one of the reasons I don't post as often I as use to. It seams like the majority of people that do respond just want to argue. Not many members seams to want to DISCUSS things, and learn why people have different opinions. I don't recall as much of that in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I think separate lines (subs) would have been fine. That's how they originally were. Enough people seem to think highly enough of their favorite for it to be plausible.

I think the interest in the original lines is reflected here. In the very very beginning, it took some time to gain momentum. Eventually it was a beast, and ultimately died out due to more interesting things being made.

If we look at it in that light, MotU was first, and carried the most interest. PoP leveraged that interest, and separated into two lines, and was clearly marketed as such. No need to stop MotU, but add a girls line in it as well. If you liked MotU, good, buy 'em, if you wandered over to the other toy isle and found PoP and liked 'em, great. Interest was clearly dying, so they revamped into NA. Also branded differently but leveraging what worked best... He-Man. But it wasn't the same for some, while for others it came at the right time and was their jam. NA was the end of the road.

Most people are at the top of the funnel, and further down you go, the more people drop off. The Great Rebellion was branded differently from MotU, the Horde was not. The Horde ladies more associated themselves to MotU in this way, and let's face it, the Horde, just like the Empire and Cobra have an evil cool factor built in.

PoP did have rooted hair. So what you say? Well, they also came on different cards, all looked the same in different colors (no two-headed, big handed, long snouted, skull faced gimmick that could match MotU), had differnt body structures (not going ~there~), and other than a commercial for a cartoon, had absolutely nothing to do with MotU. So when people mention rooted hair, don't get your undies bunched and blame the sexual insecurities of the KIDS who are now us.

Which do you think TMNT collectors would most likely have in their collection, April O'Neil or the troll doll turtles? And the rooted hair O'Neil is not the version I'm talking about.

PoP, as a toy, was NOT the same as MotU. Deny that all you want, but as you do, maybe step back and look at it. Look at some Christmas wish books and old TV commercials

The cartoon is a different but similar story. I'll try and make it shorter, and you can just read into it. He-Man, and the Masters aired. Great, people like it. Make girl toys and incorporate them into one cartoon, we can't afford two. Great. Okay, now try making it more futuristic and change stuff around and call it New. Done. You loose the initial interested party when you do this, but it's a gamble to gain more traction, and it did gain new tradition. And the interests were different as well.

I know some people stuck with it all. Some saw the end and it led them to research the beginning, but for the most part, that young of a target audience doesn't give you that wide of a window. There interests develop and mature fast enough to outgrow one thing after another. This can be seen with 8-back fans and later wave fans. To each their own.

The people interested in the 2009 line-up, probably aren't as interested in the 2014 line-up. It's just... not the same, even with Two-Bad and Modulok, and even though ~they're all the same now~, because they're not. It's that easy of a complication.
    great example of the powers and pitfalls of marketing and branding. Again I think of Star Wars and what has been accomplished in the novels, comics and video games. From one movie we now have a saga spanning hundreds of thousands of years as as many fans as there are types of people. MOTU (as a whole, POP, NA) doesn't lack diversity that is for sure, but focus has shifted year to year.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 18, 2013 at 06:14am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by Vearn View Post
    And looking at He-Man toyline releases (5 in all these years, one of them a He-Man variant), where most of its characters are visually different, is funny seeing people complaining about the figures of PoP, when they double (at least) the number of the aforementioned faction with almost identical figures (girls with different hairdresses and clothes).
    As opposed to the endless bare-legged and bare-armed men in different colors of loincloth and heads? ;-)

That's what all the Fistos/Dekkers/etc. all look like to me. ;-)

This is MOTUC - men wear loincloths, women wear skirts/leotards.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    New fans aren't carrying the line... it's the older fans that had them when they were kids. ...and there have always been factions - Heroic Warriors/Evil Warriors or the Horde. I don't know what the argument or point is trying to be made here. It is what it is. Older fans don't see "Chapters" they see spinoffs (She-Ra). I will always be "clinging" to this because that's how it is for me. You younger folks don't know or care about how it was for the bulk of the fans that collected this line back then... She-ra was like a whole other toyline back then and they were for girls... I doubt you can make those fans understand just like we can't make you get it that we are simply "Boys that don't want girls toys". If 2014 is too full of POP figures... I will not sub in '15. Sorry to disappoint.

The Masters battled the Horde in the Mini-comics and other comic books. That's how we know the horde... We didn't even know that Hordak knew a girl named Adora. and they were mean and nasty. When we tuned into She-Ra we seen a Horde that was inept and comical and they were anything but menacing. We wanted the Horde that was represented on the back of the figure cards... If the horde wasn't on She-Ra I wonder how popular she would be today. I would bet... not very.
    Last edited by He-Dude; August 19, 2013 at 06:14pm.

As opposed to the endless bare-legged and bare-armed men in different colors of loincloth and heads? ;-)

He was talking about NA. And as I agree with your statement NA just doesn't do it for me. I wish they would do an NA mini sub for those fans and keep them out of the main. They don't retain their value and are hard to get rid of. PoP can stay though. At least they had a good cartoon. I don't begrudge the NA fans at all. And I do hope someday they want....someday....via a mini sub or exclusive packs.

@ He-Dude

U do realize the vast majority of active posters on this forum are 30+ years old.

I think more to the point is the confussion of what MOTUC is.

It is a combination of ALL the eras/factions, for whatever reasson they were included...they were.

Its a shame that more people arent a fan of what MOTUC really is which is a uinion of all eras/factions. It's even sadded that people are "clining" to their past ideas. Yes, She-Ra was made for girls...she is now made for a prodominetly male adult collectors line...

I think a lot of collectors need to grow up a bit. A bit of an oxymoron talking about adults playing with toys though, so i guess you naturally tend to get more immature viewpoints on things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    @ He-Dude

It is a combination of ALL the eras/factions, for whatever reasson they were included...they were.
    if only i had a cent for every time i need to remind people about this ... Seriously, it's like going to a radiohead concert and expecting solely tracks from their very first albums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    @ He-Dude

U do realize the vast majority of active posters on this forum are 30+ years old.

Its a shame that more people arent a fan of what MOTUC really is which is a uinion of all eras/factions. It's even sadded that people are "clining" to their past ideas. Yes, She-Ra was made for girls...she is now made for a prodominetly male adult collectors line...

I think a lot of collectors need to grow up a bit. A bit of an oxymoron talking about adults playing with toys though, so i guess you naturally tend to get more immature viewpoints on things like this.

I don`t get your point. Why is it a shame, when someone just like toy stuff from his childhood? Nostalgia is an important factor when it comes to a hobby like toy collecting and for me it`s the most important factor. I put my money in those toys to have nice updates of the stuff I had as a kid. Stuff, that brings memories back. This toyline has many characters and I can choose and buy figures I want. And I think it`s offending to say adult fans need to grow up because they don`t see MOTUC the way you see...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I think it`s offending to say adult fans need to grow up because they don`t see MOTUC the way you see...
    Not gonna say grow up to 30 year olders but i'm going to enforce Stratos*Major's point. Don't expect MOTUC to be vintage only, because it isn't never was, never will be, PERIOD.

From the get go we knew this would include POP, NA and 200x, it even went a step deeper to prototypes and concepts, and nowadays we have filmation and soon enough MOVIE FIGURES!

Don't forget MOTUC kickstarted with 200x ! King Grayskull may very well be the most iconic figure of this line

Heroic Warrior
    The Classics line is running since 2008 and the fact, we`re still discussing this topic simply shows that there cannot be a solution for this `faction thing`. People will always choose when it comes to their favorites and there is no way to end this. And in my opinion, there is nothing wrong about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Not gonna say grow up to 30 year olders but i'm going to enforce Stratos*Major's point. Don't expect MOTUC to be vintage only, because it isn't never was, never will be, PERIOD.

From the get go we knew this would include POP, NA and 200x, it even went a step deeper to prototypes and concepts, and nowadays we have filmation and soon enough MOVIE FIGURES!

Don't forget MOTUC kickstarted with 200x ! King Grayskull may very well be the most iconic figure of this line
    The concept is clear since 2008, that`s right but that doesn`t mean anything to people who only want their stuff, regardless what faction they prefer. If I would only care about POP, why in the world should I support those other figures to just get 6-8 characters in 5 years and pay for subs? Selective fans don`t care of what MOTUC is all about, they just want their faves. And it`s okay, there is nothing wrong with that, because everyone choose for himself what he want to do with his hard earned money. It`s just a hobby, you can`t collect wrong or have a wrong opinion about MOTUC, it`s okay how you do it, because you just choose for yourself, not for anyone else.
    Last edited by Berserker79; August 19, 2013 at 07:13pm.

I'm selective (selective as hell actually !) and i do care about what MOTUC is all about, and it is probably the best and only official way to get figures you never dreamed of coming true the way you remember them!

For real, MOTUC is not adding anime hyper details and stuff like that, in my opinion it doesn't get any better than this

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    At this point, on the eve of the 2014 sub going through (I am sure it will), I am adopting a new motto:

Only one more year of this ****. That's right. One more year of sub pledge drives, of people hating on all figures from a specific series just out of principle rather than the merits of the toy or character. I get that people may not like a character here or there... I'm not real fond of Rio Blast or Oo-lar, but just blanket hatred of a whole group has grown tiresome.

I am so very weary of stubborn, close mindedness that comes up over and over and over and over without end.

One more year.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

The phrase "need to grow up" is used in response to the statement of "POP was marketed towards girls, it's too girlie, they were dolls, etc.".

No one, that i am aware of has argued that. However it was nearly 30 years ago and we are talking NOW about POP action figures. Figures that have been incorporated into and are now part of the MOTU universe. Action figures that were made to appeal to a broader market.

Unfortunatly, with a broader market you try to appeal to more broad minded individuals and the inclusion of POP, NA, 200x, imo, demonstarates the narrow minded mindset if many "fans".

Bemoaning what was, is, imho, immature & childish. Not to mention using what something was 30 years ago is somehow a reasson for exclusion to the line.

We all grow and mature as has this line...well the line has atleast...

- - - Updated - - -

The issue IS...
    POP, NA fans know, understand, and except that to get their figures they need to support the line, as has been explained agnosium by TG.
    YET vintage fans some how think, after they've been told over and over and over by the brand manager without the inclusion of all factions there would be no line.
    YET, vintage say "oh no...it should be vintage only, it'd be stronger......blah. Blah, blah..."

The Classics line is running since 2008 and the fact, we`re still discussing this topic simply shows that there cannot be a solution for this `faction thing`. People will always choose when it comes to their favorites and there is no way to end this. And in my opinion, there is nothing wrong about that.

- - - Updated - - -

The concept is clear since 2008, that`s right but that doesn`t mean anything to people who only want their stuff, regardless what faction they prefer. If I would only care about POP, why in the world should I support those other figures to just get 6-8 characters in 5 years and pay for subs? Selective fans don`t care of what MOTUC is all about, they just want their faves. And it`s okay, there is nothing wrong with that, because everyone choose for himself what he want to do with his hard earned money. It`s just a hobby, you can`t collect wrong or have a wrong opinion about MOTUC, it`s okay how you do it, because you just choose for yourself, not for anyone else.
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; August 19, 2013 at 07:41pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm selective (selective as hell actually !) and i do care about what MOTUC is all about, and it is probably the best and only official way to get figures you never dreamed of coming true the way you remember them!

For real, MOTUC is not adding anime hyper details and stuff like that, in my opinion it doesn't get any better than this

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...7/DSC_0161.jpg
    Demo Man is also one of my non-vintage faves... Really barabaric and has a great Alcala feel to him...

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I completely agree that MOTUC is all lines/factions combined. But it's a greater truth that this line is not a new invention, and is sold primarily from memories, or catering to prior interest. It may be hard for some people to see why people have interest in PoP, but, it also seems difficult for others to understand that faction X, Y or Z doesn't fall into more people's already existing interest.

It's not sad that anybody wants a complete vintage collection just like it's not sad that people only want a complete PoP collection.

What would be sad is a line that catered to the smaller crowd, didn't gain enough popularity, and died before we got even half this far.

Thread counts from the org (as of this post):

5,872 - MOTU (the original)
    3,540 - 200X (reboot of MOTU)
    1,822 - PoP
    598 - NA

So, take into account that 200x was reimagined from the original, and allow slots for figures accordingly, and you would probably come up with a roadmap that looks very familiar to what we've had thus far. **excluding the first year that catered to the original line (and it's reboot, and it's prototypes, and the mini comics that came with it's figures) only, which I've already made my view clear, in that it shows a different portrayal for "classics", whatever the true intention may have been or became**

You'd have a ton of vintage related stuff, a couple PoP figures, and a NA figure. And that's a direct correlation to fan interest. Nothing to be upset about at all. People just post crazy things and it's already hard enough to gauge sarcasm or hostility from the typed word.

Demo Man and He-Ro for me. I also like that Photog was finally made, and another fan created figure was born. The palace guards and snake men where pretty sweet. And more to PoP topic, I'm still pleased that I have a She-Ra that actually matches the rest of the figures, and Shadow Weaver is killer.

I was not talking about Fisto, He-Man, etc. I was comparing PoP figures with "NA" figures (bad guys especially). Those are very diferent regarding tooling.

And, even if we talk about MOTU, characters like Roboto, Sy-klone, Beastman, Whiplash or Scareglow seem more diferent to me than the vast majority of the PoP ladies.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Older fans don't see "Chapters" they see spinoffs (She-Ra). I will always be "clinging" to this because that's how it is for me. You younger folks don't know or care about how it was for the bulk of the fans that collected this line back then..
    It's been awhile since I've been called one of those "younger folks." I've been a MOTU fan since I first saw the Castle Grayskull commercial and figures in 1982, and convinced my parents to get me my first figure (Faker) in early '83. I had the Cohn/Texeira mini-comics and a couple of issues from the '82 DC mini-series, and this was all before the Filmation cartoon started and subsequently hooked me in even more than I already was at the time.

I can understand why some don't want to see the original spin-offs and sequels and movies and comics as "chapters" in a larger story. I was there as each new thing was introduced and I can understand because it's how I once reacted to some of those things as well. Heck, I refused to go see the '87 movie when it came out because the pictures I saw in MOTU Magazine were too far removed from "my" MOTU and I got very annoyed by the idea that they "ruined" He-Man. I really disliked the POP figures/dolls back in the 80s. I thought they were garish and didn't match the cartoon versions. I completely loathed the NA toys and cartoon for years and thought they were a blight on the name of He-Man.

However, I guess I've moved past many of these perceptions (Don't get me started on the new DC comic though ). Every area of the MOTU world has its gold to mine, and now we're seeing everything under one "roof" which is as it should be, IMO. The 4H knock all of these characters out of the park and seeing the figures all together in ONE collection is just really cool to me.

Everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes, sure, but from my long years as a fan and as a member of the fandom, I have found that it's far more pleasurable expanding one's perception of the MOTU world instead of limiting it to just, say, "82-85 vintage MOTU." The point I was trying to make was essentially, "why not keep an open mind about these things and try to look at them in new ways?" It's fun finding NEW things to enjoy in stuff that maybe didn't seem so cool once upon a time.

As for girls toys and boys toys, feh. It's a cultural construct. It's time people get over that stuff. But if you want to go with that, I'd say MOTUC are "gender neutral" toys. They aren't being marketed in the blue and pink aisles in stores. So go on and buy Castaspella. You know you want to.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Demo Man is also one of my non-vintage faves... Really barabaric and has a great Alcala feel to him...
    I like Demo Man for the very same reason.

First and foremost, I am a huge fan of Frank Frazetta. His work heavily influenced the barbarian/sword & sorcery themed franchises of the 80's, including He-Man. Then of course, we have some figures like Snake Face and Octavia that seem to pay homage to the great Ray Harryhausen. Who could every forget his Medusa from the original Clash of the Titans?
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior

Everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes, sure, but from my long years as a fan and as a member of the fandom, I have found that it's far more pleasurable expanding one's perception of the MOTU world instead of limiting it to just, say, "82-85 vintage MOTU." The point I was trying to make was essentially, "why not keep an open mind about these things and try to look at them in new ways?" It's fun finding NEW things to enjoy in stuff that maybe didn't seem so cool once upon a time.

As for girls toys and boys toys, feh. It's a cultural construct. It's time people get over that stuff. But if you want to go with that, I'd say MOTUC are "gender neutral" toys. They aren't being marketed in the blue and pink aisles in stores. So go on and buy Castaspella. You know you want to.
    Limiting is a natural thing. People like, what they like. If I don't like DCUC, I won't support it. Same for Masters. If I would be interested in other factions, I would buy 2-3 subs. It's like saying to someone, he should consider liking the color red when he only likes blue, because red is also a nice color. I don't drive a Mercedes when I only want an Audi. It won't work. People have their tastes and already made their statement with the lowering sub numbers since 2012.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    They do now!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I'm reminded of Star Wars action figure collecting.

Some people are Vintage Trilogy only, younger fans lean more the prequel. Everyone has a favorite "moment"...Cantina, Death Star, Rebel Pilots, Hoth battle, Bespin, Bounty Hunter's, Jabba's palace, or Ewok village... Jedi Knights, Clones what have you. Some people want EU, but most don't. Clone Wars was never as popular a style/brand as the prequel trilogy but it helped move toy sales along for a few years...
    Transformers also has it's era divisions. You have the "Geewunners" who hate anything not G1, the Bayformers fans who think G1 was silly, the Beasts Wars fans and all of the other factions there.

- - - Updated - - -

Limiting is a natural thing. People like, what they like. If I don't like DCUC, I won't support it. Same for Masters. If I would be interested in other factions, I would buy 2-3 subs. It's like saying to someone, he should consider liking the color red when he only likes blue, because red is also a nice color. I don't drive a Mercedes when I only want an Audi. It won't work. People have their tastes and already made their statement with the lowering sub numbers since 2012.
    Sometimes people have the preferences that they do is because their opinions don't evolve as they do, i.e., if you hated NA as a child, then you can't see it with new eyes as an adult. As different as they look, Blast Attack somehow fits in MOTU better than Sagitar or Sy-Klone for some reason isn't as outlandish. Vintage characters can suddenly look very silly (Clawful or Snout Spout), but since the way some fans see those characters hasn't grown, they escape scrutiny.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)