Thread: Has anyone tried a MotU tabletop RPG campaign?

Court Magician Captain Lhurgoyf's Avatar

Has anyone tried a MotU tabletop RPG campaign?

Hello,

First of all, I apologise if this is the wrong board for this sort of thing. A mod is welcome to move it if needed.

I am a longtime fan of both MotU and tabletop roleplaying games like Dungeons and Dragons. I've always wanted to combine the two interests and run a tabletop RPG campaign set on Eternia. Now that I'm in college, I've found a substantial number of tabletop gamers on campus, and I've joined a club for it, so lately, my interest has been as strong as ever. What I want to know is, has anyone run or played in a MotU-themed RPG campaign before, and if so, how it went or what they might suggest?

I have no idea whether or not I'll actually go through with the plan, but if I do, I'm planning that I will most likely do it in Dungeon World, my new favourite RPG system. It's basically a stripped-down version of DND based more on flexible storytelling than rigid adherence to rules, and the full text of the rulebook is available for free here, which is an added bonus. I plan to have the campaign take place on Eternia during the NA series, with the players being a few new Heroic Warriors that He-Man entrusts with making sure that Greyskull doesn't fall into the wrong hands while he's away on Primus, in order to explore the setting without He-Man and Skeletor's antics overshadowing those of the players. I'm interested to hear if any of you guys have done anything similar, and if so, how?
    Ach! Hans, run! It's the lhurgoyf!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I invented/ made a chessboard for 'king' He-Man and 'queen' She-Ra, with girls and boys from left to right, but my cousin wouldn't play chess with me, as he is likely not very good at it, so I made up a game called Masters Quest to be played on the chessboard, based on Heroes Quest or Battle Eternia, and other such classics.

The first time we played it, too see how it works, it took 4hrs, and a couple bowls of cookie ice cream, and an un-natural visit from 'zombie Randor' in a stolen Roton, but it works, and with just one di and two bags of marbles.

It could be re-designed to allow more than 2 people to play it.

Theres also a youtube video.