Thread: why is horde trooper so expensive?

Widget

why is horde trooper so expensive?

Hi all,
    I'm new to the motu collecting universe, would like to know why horde trooper is so much more expensive than other figures. Also is there any resource out there that lists current prices for various figures? Thanks.

A lot of loose vintage Horde Troopers have been bought up over the years to make armies out of them. You'll find numerous fans with a bunch of them in their collections.

Simply cuz it's an army builder figure, a very cool and unique one, and there's a lot of demand for it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Simply cuz it's an army builder figure, a very cool and unique one, and there's a lot of demand for it.
    Thanks guys! Makes a lot of sense.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    It was hard to find back in the day, too. IIRC, it was one of the last 1986 figures I got, and I know I saw it on the pegs very rarely.

It was also one of the last I had, horde troopers, blast attak and clamp champ
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Nondescript Cannon Fodder Snoutful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    It was hard to find back in the day, too. IIRC, it was one of the last 1986 figures I got, and I know I saw it on the pegs very rarely.
    Bingo. I swear this figure was underproduced originally, which I always found quite odd given the "Collect an Army of Horde Trooper Robots" starburst on the package, and most of our parents had the darnedest time finding him. THAT'S why he's so rare and pricey in the secondary market.
    I was going to share!

That, and the fact that the two torso pieces (chest and back) are more easily lost, so it means quite a bit more when a Horde Trooper is complete.

//Fisto-cuffs