Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull Progress report video! - test shot in plastic

Hold the Phone!!! I am a 42 year blue collar engineer with a wife and grown kid, but I am NEVER giving up my MOTU collection. Not the vintage, 200X, or Classics lines will I part with, nor will I stop enjoying my 'play therapy' time when I get it. An entire microcosm at my full control and imagination. How do you think we feed the need and avoid things like 'God complex'? I am so stoked for my castle...just not paying for it....that I could bust. If you are constantly wavering from one thing to the next as far as collecting, then you are looking for something more than a collection. I suggest you do some soul searching to avoid spending unnecesarry money. I am stable and grounded as far as my faith, my fantasy realms versus reality, and my priorities. I feel very good about life and what I have in it to enjoy....so should everyone.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

At least the people who cancelled but are now regretting it can still buy one of these beauties for $300 Day Of! LOL And you know there will be people who cry foul for not being allowed to re-sub Grayskull after this video.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jestermon View Post
    So where is the 40 and older sale off everything thread located?
    loooooool...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Hold the Phone!!! I am a 42 year blue collar engineer with a wife and grown kid, but I am NEVER giving up my MOTU collection. Not the vintage, 200X, or Classics lines will I part with, nor will I stop enjoying my 'play therapy' time when I get it. An entire microcosm at my full control and imagination. How do you think we feed the need and avoid things like 'God complex'? I am so stoked for my castle...just not paying for it....that I could bust. If you are constantly wavering from one thing to the next as far as collecting, then you are looking for something more than a collection. I suggest you do some soul searching to avoid spending unnecesarry money. I am stable and grounded as far as my faith, my fantasy realms versus reality, and my priorities. I feel very good about life and what I have in it to enjoy....so should everyone.
    So, I'm...ugh... mentally disturbed?

Constantly wavering? Not really. Not knowing what I'll think about collecting toys in 10 years? Guilty...

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    And please keep in mind, that collectors will get rid of their stuff, when they turn 40 in a few years... Most of us are in their mid-30's and toy collecting can be something you don't want anymore in a few years.
    I'm 50 and I still have my Matt Mason stuff from the 60's...

some of us are in it for the loooonnnnggggg haul...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Valid points, but not everyone needs a playset, with action features. There are many collectors, who just need something to display and don't wanna play with it. I wonder, how many collectors still use the grappling hook feature if the Wind Raider...

And please keep in mind, that collectors will get rid of their stuff, when they turn 40 in a few years... Most of us are in their mid-30's and toy collecting can be something you don't want anymore in a few years.
    Gotta respectfully disagree. I'm already 40 and have no intentions of selling off/getting rid of my collections (yes plural, Joes/MOTU/SW/LEGO/TC/etc.) nor do I forsee stopping my purchases.

Anyway............... I know tons of folks were disappointed with the Castle but, that thing is gigantic. It looks excellent.

I am 41... have 2 kids who love playing with toys, designing characters, etc. One is going to be an intern with the 4H for a day... fun!!! Collecting is fun as you get older cuz u have more money. I do need to send the kids to college however, so after MOTUC is done I won't collect much of anything else... just surfboards and guitars. And as a 41 year old incredibly handsome guy, I can say for certain that I am stoked for this castle!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Disco Castle Grayskull looks great!

anyway, back to the castle ! ... ...

it's just not big enough in my view ... for $300 alone plus shipping/customs it should be way bigger ... to me, it's not worth that ...

i think also, for me - with the figures it's cool because i enjoy collecting them ... i like collecting stuff so the figures appeal to me as an adult-collector ... with CG, it's cool but i honestly dunno what i would do with it ... if i had a snake mountain too maybe i would find some space to create an almighty display - because snake mountain is just as iconic to me as CG ... i guess im just a little under-whelmed by it, and don't get that nostalgia-kick hard enough to take the plunge with it ... honestly, i would probably just keep it in the box anyway! ...

i guess i just don't dig it like i dig the figures ... if that makes sense? ...

having said that, if you see me trawling through ebay for one in years to come - don't say "i told you so"
    Last edited by tmc1984; August 12, 2013 at 07:36pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

loooooool...

- - - Updated - - -

So, I'm...ugh... mentally disturbed?

Constantly wavering? Not really. Not knowing what I'll think about collecting toys in 10 years? Guilty...
    I wasnt targeting anyone individually since many are fickle customers, but it is logical to assume people will change over time. Some of us can base our decisions on experience. I am a die hard fan of MOTU and sword and sorcery. That will not change unless my life turns traumatically or dramatically. Even then, I would be hard pressed to NOT like my 'imagination tools'.
    I still cant believe people are bucking the price for what the product is. A friggin Hot Toys action figure is the same price or higher than our entire castle and the castle has as much or more professional sculpting and/or parts. Really?
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    anyway, back to the castle ! ... ...

it's just not big enough in my view ... for $300 alone plus shipping/customs it should be way bigger ... to me, it's not worth that ...

i think also, for me - with the figures it's cool because i enjoy collecting them ... i like collecting stuff so the figures appeal to me as an adult-collector ... with CG, it's cool but i honestly dunno what i would do with it ... if i had a snake mountain too maybe i would find some space to create an almighty display - because snake mountain is just as iconic to me as CG ... i guess im just a little under-whelmed by it, and don't get that nostalgia-kick hard enough to take the plunge with it ... honestly, i would probably just keep it in the box anyway! ...

i guess i just don't dig it like i dig the figures ... if that makes sense? ...

having said that, if you see me trawling through ebay for one in years to come - don't say "i told you so"

I definitely get the nostalgia kick. =) Still remember as a kid being sick at X-mas and popping up like I was completely fine when I took the bow off Castle Grayskull. Also got Snake Mountain that X-mas as well. Felt like life couldn't possible be better than that very moment as a kid.

I think it looks really good but too expensive and not big enough for me. Wish I could get the jet pack and the robot but doubtful.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Ok so it's back to December again? THANK THE GODS!!!

I was ready to cut back on my order but if we are back to December... I'm still getting my 6!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    I was ready to cut back on my order but if we are back to December... I'm still getting my 6!
    Are you sure you want to get that many? You'll be throwing them out when you're 40.

^ Zing!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Has grayskull been pushed to December again?

Is this confirmed or just rumor?
    Last edited by Replikor; August 13, 2013 at 01:00am.

TG referenced it as December in the last video. Might be a good Q&A question on Matty.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    TG referenced it as December in the last video. Might be a good Q&A question on Matty.
    Looks like someone already asked if it was coming out in the Q&A yet to be answered. I will wait an see how they answer before asking again.... we got time. Still a few months off.
    Last edited by Replikor; August 13, 2013 at 01:12am.

I am getting my one. Stupid that I didn't pre-order, but I will buy CG on Matty!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Now... if they offered that CG in disco colors, that might sell another 1,000 castles. More money left on the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Looks like someone already asked if it was coming out in the Q&A yet to be answered. I will wait an see how they answer before asking again.... we got time. Still a few months off.
    That person was me! And TG answered:

The castle will start shipping to presale customers in late Nov and will be offered for 300.00 in very limited quotas on Dec 15.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I am so pumped for Grayskull!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    I wasnt targeting anyone individually since many are fickle customers, but it is logical to assume people will change over time. Some of us can base our decisions on experience. I am a die hard fan of MOTU and sword and sorcery. That will not change unless my life turns traumatically or dramatically. Even then, I would be hard pressed to NOT like my 'imagination tools'.
    I still cant believe people are bucking the price for what the product is. A friggin Hot Toys action figure is the same price or higher than our entire castle and the castle has as much or more professional sculpting and/or parts. Really?
    But the Hot Toys figure is more of an collectible, nothing to play with, just something for a more high quality collection. The Classics look really good, but they are not high end collector items. The Sideshow Clone Troopers are perfect and come with a ton of accessories, no compromises and a great value for my money... I gladly spent my money more in that kind of stuff...

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    It looks so funky in that test shot but it's nice to actually hear the plastic door open and click shut..you can tell its just as he says, the right material...can't wait for these.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Chewer of Trollans
    I am so excited by the jaw bridge feature, but I know that these things wear out first on a toy. Or sometimes I'll want the jawbridge open but not have a sword handy. Does anyone know if there will be another way to open the jawbridge?

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    I am so excited by the jaw bridge feature, but I know that these things wear out first on a toy. Or sometimes I'll want the jawbridge open but not have a sword handy. Does anyone know if there will be another way to open the jawbridge?
    It's only ever been both halves of the Power Sword combined, will open the Jaw Bridge!!!

I've not heard if there's another way to open it. If it's at all like the 200X Castle, you can work your way around the action feature.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog