Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull Progress report video! - test shot in plastic

See, this is why I always referred to that Skeletor as Mispaint Variant Skeletor (as opposed to Repaint). It looks like a prototype from before it's painted. Seriously, when I got that figure, I thought I got lucky and got some rare figure that somehow avoided the painting process. When it turned out that it was a real variant and the only one the store had left, I was very disappointed that I never got a real Skeletor.

Anyway, I think Grayskull looks pretty nice right now. I definitely understand the criticism I've seen, but seeing as I can't justify the money anyway, it's ultimately irrelevant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I think most people think it's Nepthu? (Read the posts above you)
    I did... it still does not look like Nepthu to me at all.

Nepthu would be bare chested with a blue ring at top of the core buck... I mean look at this enlarged image..

It does not match Seahawks color patterns either... no browns, no light blue on either side of the ne [that would be EASILY visible at this viewing angle].. it .. almost looks like a dwarf-like "chunky" style character.

I see red on the mid chest are that looks like a beard, dark blue or grey shades of color on what appear to be shoulder armor on the shoulders. Dark blue on the legs. IT appears to have a red X shaped harness under the brown/red beard....

I mean look at the images of the figures... below... the color locations and general rough shapes dont even match up..

Geldor

Nepthu

Sea Hawk

GoatMan

Last edited by Replikor; August 11, 2013 at 06:24pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

Nepthu would be bare chested with a blue ring at top of the core buck... I mean look at this enlarged image..

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4934/zp5x.jpg

It does not match Seahawks color patterns either... no browns, no light blue on either side of the ne [that would be EASILY visible at this viewing angle].. it .. almost looks like a dwarf-like "chunky" style character.

I see red on the mid chest are that looks like a beard, dark blue or grey shades of color on what appear to be shoulder armor on the shoulders. Dark blue on the legs. IT appears to have a red X shaped harness under the brown/red beard....
    Still pretty sure it's Nepthu. I think you're mind is just filling in some of the blanks. You can see the crystal bird, as others have pointed out. This might help for comparison's sake. What you're seeing as blue legs are just his boots. The harness is actually his loin cloth. Because of the angle, his head is hidden.

Heroic Warrior
    Still not impressed. The sculpt is great or wouldn't it have been done by the 4 Horsemen, but the interior features are the epitome of silliness.

If it was in scale with the figures (ie: Zombihamma's sculpt) I might have consider it but as it is... it's just a missed opportunity in my book.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    I so so so so so want that rainbow colored prototype.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Anthony's like a hawk,i'm telling you,
    he could see a rat running a thousand feet under.
    But it seems like you're right guys,the transculent bird gives a quite reliable indication.

OH YA!!! ok, see it now... dang brain matrixing.. spotted it once I was lookin for that shape... My bad....

Too much old Warcraft Dwarf stuff an Minecraft Yogscast Honeydew poising my ol man brain... lol
    Last edited by Replikor; August 11, 2013 at 06:32pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Can see it now, these will be the final colors, then there will be another video after people recieve there castles in these colors.

Then there will be a video about how he said these were the final colors.

Wasn't He-Man on battle cat supposed to be able to pass through the door?
    Last edited by Jestermon; August 11, 2013 at 06:38pm.

OH YA!!! ok, see it now... dang brain matrixing.. spotted it once I was lookin for that shape... My bad....

Well, if it makes you feel better I had zero clue until someone else figured it out.

Ha, yea it's Nepthu... but I didn't see any writing on the package until the enlarged pic. It so looks blank in the video lol.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Gonna be awesome! Glad I p/o'd it last year, but I need to start saving for it now that way I'll have the $ in the bank!
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

WOW that's gonna be one awesome Castle!!!!! I'm so glad I preordered and can't wait for this thing to arrive!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Looks awesome.....but not $300 awesome.
    Pre-orders are selling on Ebay well in excess of that. If it's a quick sell out when it comes up for sale, $300 will look like a bargain. Probably won't be another Grayskull of this effort for 10+ years..... if that.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I think most people think it's Nepthu? (Read the posts above you)
    That's not Nepthu. It looks like it has a gold chest?

attachment36_full.jpg

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4934/zp5x.jpg

I mean look at the images of the figures... below... the color locations and general rough shapes dont even match up..

Geldor
    http://imageshack.us/a/img845/6152/0slx.jpg

Nepthu
    http://imageshack.us/a/img801/3715/8wax.jpg

Sea Hawk
    http://imageshack.us/a/img32/9581/4uc1.jpg

GoatMan
    http://imageshack.us/a/img189/3214/x3q9.jpg

It's Nepthu, look really close at the packaged pics of him, the white belt and the orange sash. It's him. Plus he's a big favorite of Scott's....Look at the placement of the crystal bird and all, it's him.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; August 11, 2013 at 08:17pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Looks like Nepthu to me.

Anyway, about the important thing, that Castle looks AMAZING and I cannot wait to have it!!!

I'm loving how the sword opens the jaw-bridge. I don't have a lot of money, but I pre-ordered this on day one. Looking forward to it.
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Aw hell yeah! Castle Gygor!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Funny colors, but still not impressed by the size.
    Seriously?! When Scott picks up the Castle, it makes him look like a 5 year old lugging around a playset! It's the size of his entire torso! I'm not sure how much bigger people were expecting/wanting. I mean, we're not going to be able to walk inside one. As is, it's pretty darn big. I just hope this will fit on my dresser, like I planned! Seeing how darn big it is...not too sure, but I sure as heck am keeping my pre-order. I love it a lot. Could there be some better interior accessories? Yes. Could some things have been done better (like lining the trap door/dungeon up). You betcha. This, still, is probably the best Castle Grayskull playset* that's ever been made...or ever WILL be made.

I think it looks gorgeous, I'm happy with the size and I LOVE the Mattel/the 4H listened to all/most of the concerns people had about Castle Grayskull and fixed nearly all of them. Grade A, in my book.

*The polystone environment Castle Grayskull is amazing and I love it, BUT it's not a playset.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Orkomage View Post
    Pre-orders are selling on Ebay well in excess of that. If it's a quick sell out when it comes up for sale, $300 will look like a bargain. Probably won't be another Grayskull of this effort for 10+ years..... if that.
    I don't think it will retain its value honestly. I'm just not that impressed. For $300 It should have no stickers and be fully loaded. It should be more in scale and the trap door should lead to the dungeon. The Throne should be able to be utilized without having to jack up the sorceress' feathers, ect. I'm just very glad I didn't preorder it. As far as another Grayskull in the future....there will be one as soon as the new movie comes out.....and it won't be $300 bucks. And in a few years I'll buy a classics Grayskull at Big Lots for $20....lol.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    WOW! Looks awesome! I can't wait!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I don't think it will retain its value honestly. I'm just not that impressed. For $300 It should have no stickers and be fully loaded. It should be more in scale and the trap door should lead to the dungeon. The Throne should be able to be utilized without having to jack up the sorceress' feathers, ect. I'm just very glad I didn't preorder it. As far as another Grayskull in the future....there will be one as soon as the new movie comes out.....and it won't be $300 bucks. And in a few years I'll buy a classics Grayskull at Big Lots for $20....lol.
    The mass marketed Grayskull, if there ever is a movie, still won't be close to this scale. Most likely it'll be some jacked up new vision of Grayskull to match the movie look. The last two weren't to this scale either. Sometimes I think people feel it should have running water and plumbing installed lol.
    As for $20, I'll just assume that's a joke of exaggeration and call off the paddy wagon. =)
    Last edited by Orkomage; August 11, 2013 at 09:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm not sure how much bigger people were expecting/wanting.
    I think some people were wanting it impossibly big. Like, 15" tall castle door tall.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    I think some people should give up on thinking.

People.

Trust me. I thought it was small when I saw the pics after Toy Fair.

It's HUGE.

I am SO glad i got to see / play with it at sdcc.

It's GIGANTIC.

DO NOT CANCEL.

You WILL regret it.

My only regret is That they did not tool the throne to accommodate the wings of the sorceress on either side of the arms of the chair

There is a actually a logical place where the mold could be filled in to reduce the Arms of the chair on either side.

Dan pointed it out to Scott. Scott said no because it was already tooled.

But the mold could be filled to reduce the back end of the chair arms. That would allow for her wings to sit such that her arms could sit on the arm rests.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I can NOT wait for this monstrosity to arrive at my door! It has looked amazing since the beginning and I am so glad I preordered it on day 1. I feel so sorry for everyone who does cancel their order, they will regret it. It is HUGE!!!!
    My MOTUC needs:
    Catch up: Granamyr
    Coming soon: Flutterina, NA Skeletor, Madame Razz, Imp, Rio Blast, Entrapta, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Gwildor, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Spinerella, Lizard Man, Ninjor, Huntara, Skeletor's Hover Robots
    Needs to make me feel like I have a complete collection: Queen Angella, Perfuma
    Wants: Hoove, Lord Masque, Peekablue