Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull Progress report video! - test shot in plastic

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm sorry for those who cancelled their orders. I can almost feel the tinge of regret coming from their posts about how they don't regret it. Post it a few dozen more times to feel better.

Bottom line, this Castle Grayskull is beautiful. It's large. It's a treasure. I'm going to enjoy mine when it comes and it's value will increase as the years go by. The boxart alone makes me wish I bought an extra to keep it mint. I'm not going to keep this one boxed though. It's going to get opened and displayed.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I really need to win the lottery or something...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I really need to win the lottery or something...
    Believe me I on the same boat! This castle is amazing and I can't afford it either. Anyway, It is real! so there is a chance to get one in the future. May be in one or two years with less figures to buy we can get it!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I'm sorry for those who cancelled their orders. I can almost feel the tinge of regret coming from their posts about how they don't regret it. Post it a few dozen more times to feel better.

Bottom line, this Castle Grayskull is beautiful. It's large. It's a treasure. I'm going to enjoy mine when it comes and it's value will increase as the years go by. The boxart alone makes me wish I bought an extra to keep it mint. I'm not going to keep this one boxed though. It's going to get opened and displayed.
    For the most part, I don't think that the people that are happy about cancelling are saying they are happy because of the way it turned out...but moreso the price-point for what we are getting. I kept my Grayskull Pre-Order and I'm happy with how it turned out but I still feel that for the $250+shipping, everything should've been sculpted. (The amount of sculpting that went into the wood floors alone is amazing though!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post

Actually, there are less MOTU fans than there were in the 80s or we would have already sold the sub for 2015, much less 2014. You are wrong on this one.
    Until a new movie comes out...

If I were Scott, and my sample Nepthu came to me as a shapeless plastic lump in a package with an unreadable blur where the name should be, I might ease off on the "We fixed the QC" claims a little bit
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    If I were Scott, and my sample Nepthu came to me as a shapeless plastic lump in a package with an unreadable blur where the name should be, I might ease off on the "We fixed the QC" claims a little bit
    Whuh? I think that was just the camera...

Heroic Warrior
    You know, I'm much happier with Toyguru's videos. The image quality is FINALLY better.

But they need to zoom more on the item being presented !

I thought that this CG test shot looked a lot like Fisher-Price or Playskool playsets because of the "funky colors"...

I'm curious about the end result, and cannot wait for Pixel Dan's review of Castle Grayskull.

It's really sad that this item will reach crazy prices here in Europe. Around 400 euros or more at resellers, I suppose... which is a bit too much, IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    seeing it unfinished makes me question spending $350 on this hunk of plastic

Quote Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
    seeing it unfinished makes me question spending $350 on this hunk of plastic
    What did you think it was going to be made out of?
    If you look at all of the "test" shots of figures, they always look a lot cheaper than the final product because there aren't any paint applications and they're not made with the proper color plastic. (Much like how the sculpted 4H samples usually look better than the final...because they don't need to withstand people playing with them)

This was only done as a test to make sure it fit together properly and for quality purposes.

Looks good, still glad I cancelled as there are other interests for my money now....

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks for the video ToyGuru!!!

Im very glad of my preorder!!! Its awesome in toy form.

And wow. An "action feature" in MOTUC! The door works almost like "I remembered".

Could you please, post detailed pics in facebook? or matty news section???
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Valid points, but not everyone needs a playset, with action features. There are many collectors, who just need something to display and don't wanna play with it. I wonder, how many collectors still use the grappling hook feature if the Wind Raider...

And please keep in mind, that collectors will get rid of their stuff, when they turn 40 in a few years... Most of us are in their mid-30's and toy collecting can be something you don't want anymore in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm going to tease you for a minute.

You don't subscribe. You don't like any of the females. You aren't buying Grayskull. And you're giving up your toys at 40.

Ok. I don't get it. Don't you want to have fun?

I'm just glad that fun is possible. That we, like many adults who grew up in 80s and 90s, have bucked the system and kept their toys.

I just think, if you don't want that castle, or the females, etc., that's cool - for you.

But it's not a good idea to state, as fact, that your version of collecting this line is everyone else's.

And again, I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just needling you. There's plenty we DO agree on. This time? Not really
    I'd like to agree with brcduke here.
    It's OK for everyone to have their own preferences and to collect in toy in such a way that it brings you pleasure. However, I don't understand where the pleasure in collecting lies for you. Why are you already planning to sell your stuff when you're 40? And why do you think "everyone" will do that. Why do you state this as a fact? I can tell you I certainly won't.

Moreover, I beg you to consider using a different signature as long as the sub has not got the 100% needed. It might make people reconsider buying their subs and it might lead some people who are still on the fence to the decision not to sub up for 2014.
    I really don't have a problem with anyone deciding not to sub and saying so. There's even a thread for this on the forums. But please change that signature and don't rub it into everyone's face with every single post you do. It might hurt the line.

I'm not trying to attack or insult you or anything, I'm really just concerned about the future of the line. Remember, if there's no line, you won't be able to buy any individual figures on the secondary market, either.

Please try to support the sub, even if you personally are not buying one!
    Awesome sticker included!

I am puzzled about the throne. Is it stuck in that position? It should be pointing towards the room (the carpet) surely. It sort of looks like its only working in on position.

Also, the design really looks a lot simpler than the original throne had, not sure if the prototype look was superior here. Interesting to see how other figures sit on it, like Skeletor.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I'd like to agree with brcduke here.
    It's OK for everyone to have their own preferences and to collect in toy in such a way that it brings you pleasure. However, I don't understand where the pleasure in collecting lies for you. Why are you already planning to sell your stuff when you're 40? And why do you think "everyone" will do that. Why do you state this as a fact? I can tell you I certainly won't.
    I agree with what you and bcrduke have said. Additionally, I have to question why someone would be collecting MOTUC at all if they fully expect to sell everything off within a couple/few years? Why even go through the hassle and expense of it? Some items may retain their value or go up in value, but others likely will drop in value once the line is no longer "hot" anymore, so there's a huge risk of not even getting back what money as been put into it.

I understand that people can change their minds over time. Someone may be really into collecting something today thinking that they will always be into it only to eventually they decide they are no longer interested in it and sell it off. I get that. But to buy something now knowing full well that you won't want it anymore just a few years from now, what's the point? I can understand if it was a gaming system that you know you will get your use out of and then trade it in a few years from now to get an even newer gaming system, but something like collectible action figures? Somehow 2 & 2 are not equaling 4 with this logic.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I can't add anything new to this topic than had already been said, except for one thing. Those people comparing this to the sewer lair TMNT playset are forgetting that large parts of that thing are made of cardboard (oh, and it's mostly unpainted). This has been lovingly sculpted through and through by some of the people who wanted this done right more than almost everybody.
    Last edited by hadley; August 12, 2013 at 10:33am.

It looks like the ground floor has been lowered. Am I insane?

I'm pleased with the size now considering the limited space most people have. However it's way over priced IMO. I hope it gets a decent paint job similar to the box-art.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

WHEW. As with the mini masters, I don't think I'll fully understand what I'm getting into until I have this monster in-hand. It's looks fantastic! Especially in those Creeper-colors; makes me want a glow-in-the-dark version.

Seriously though, I can't wait for this thing. Sort of. I'm actually not looking forward to where I'm going to put this...my original CG and the 200X CG are both just on the floor in my new toy room. I may have to put those away when I try to find a place for this super beast. BUT FIRST....I'm gona see if I can fit the original CG inside this new one. For laughs.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Lol, saying 40 was just an example, it could be 42 or 45 And I don't remember saying "all", "most" or "many" collectors, so you definatly reading something in it.

I personally turn 34 this year and I have no idea why I was interested in 200x figures 10 years ago, because now I can't stand that anime design and would never buy those figures again. And who knows, maybe I feel too grown up 10 years later for having toys in my living room/toy room. I recognize having more interest in adult collector stuff like Sideshow/Hot Toys than in toy lines like Classics with almost a handful characters left for me to collect.

Loosing interest in some things and start buying other things is just natural. Or is someone still playing with his 30 year old Fisher-Price stuff?
    Last edited by Berserker79; August 12, 2013 at 11:29am.

Lol, saying 40 was just an example, it could be 42 or 45 And I don't remember saying "all", "most" or "many" collectors, so you definatly reading something in it.

I personally turn 34 this year and I have no idea why I was interested in 200x figures 10 years ago, because now I can't stand that anime design and would never buy those figures again. And who knows, maybe I feel too grown up 10 years later for having toys in my living room/toy room. I recognize having more interest in adult collector stuff like Sideshow/Hot Toys than in toy lines like Classics with almost a handful characters left for me to collect.

Loosing interest in some things and start buying other things is just natural. Or is someone still playing with his 30 year old Fisher-Price stuff?
    I pulled my little white rotary phone with googly eyes all the way to the office this morning.

Heroic Warrior
    As long as you don't speak to it and expect some voices to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Koopa View Post
    It looks like the ground floor has been lowered. Am I insane?
    They lowered the Jawbridge into the base, it was on top of it, making it too high for He-Man to stand in correctly.

As long as you don't speak to it and expect some voices to answer
    It talked on Toy Story....

What??? You mean toys really don't come to life when you're not looking???? All the lies!!!! Lies I tell you!!!!
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    So where is the 40 and older sale off everything thread located?

Looks great, so happy when it arrives. Besides, I gave the 200x castle to my son.

And I am also glad, that it's release is December [again], November is gonna be steep on Matty nevertheless