Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any new info on the reveals for Collectors Choice and Filmation for 2017?

Any new info on the reveals for Collectors Choice and Filmation for 2017?

I'm very curious for any new info? Definitely going through reveal withdrawal and it would help to have a reveal date to look forward to. Something I can countdown to.
    Most Wanted Kittrina,Granita,Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle,Uncle Montork,King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen,Tataran, and MissleToe.

Super7 said mid December, so I'd say any day now (or maybe any hour...)
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

I hope we get something soon. The lack of any news on December figures is really frustrating, coupled with the very late shipments of November figures. We could use something to distract us from the Matty mess.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

They were supposed to show us in mid december yet it is the 20th. What is the hold up?

Can't lie, I'm anxious... I wasn't quick to buy everything from the last reveals only because I want to know where the line is going. The updates will be useful with continuing the buzz.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Update from the main page of He-Man.Org:

"Super7 has provided us with an update on the upcoming MOTU Classics reveals.

The reveal of the first wave of Classics Collector's Choice figures has been moved to January. And the reveal of the first wave of Classics Club Grayskull figures will be revealed in February at Toy Fair. "

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post

The reveal of the first wave of Classics Collector's Choice figures has been moved to January. And the reveal of the first wave of Classics Club Grayskull figures will be revealed in February at Toy Fair. "
    No Christmas treat, then?
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Totally Dyslexic
    Thank you Jukka, at least we know more and some specifics.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post

I'm fine with waiting on this particular x-mas present. Nov/Dec dropped a metric ton of great figures, so I'm fine with a bit of waiting to wet the appetite on the next line.

Let it be said before those reveals even happen though. Dylamug in the 2017 or we riot.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Shucks. Oh well. I was really looking forward to getting this info.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Shucks. Oh well. I was really looking forward to getting this info.
    Me too. They could at least confirm the first one or two characters - even if they don't have pictures yet.

I personally think it's better to get past the holidays, when the information could easily be missed or swept under the rug amid many other exciting things. This way, they get a fresh start in January, and we can get past the January gloom with some exciting Classics figure reveals .
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

I would be so overjoyed if there was a Thundercats reveal at Toyfair as well!
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Hunga the Harpy! Dree-Elle & Yukkers, Dylamug, Colonel Blast, Twiggets, Horde Mummy and Admiral Scurvy! I am all in for the Thundercats Classics line! Hope to see Mandora, The Lunataks, Willa & Nayda, Snarfer, Turmagar, Snow Meow, Mad Bubbler, Inflamer, Demolisher, Mumm-rana, Mole Master, Claudis & Kano, Ta-She, Plutar and Quick Pick included!

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianm1225 View Post
    I would be so overjoyed if there was a Thundercats reveal at Toyfair as well!
    You and me both! I'm not expecting it, but hopeful nonetheless.

Are there any plans for more Ultimate Edition figures, or were the first batch meant to test the waters to see if it was a viable option or not for them?

That being said, has anyone heard whether or not it had good numbers?

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with sorting the She-Ra Filmation rights?

The only thing that worries me with both being revealed so close together is if they do the pre-order so close together too... if they want the money up front for 8 figures just a month apart from each other I won't be pre-ordering both lines. It might be possible IF they announce the price point of all 8 figures right now as it gives us a few weeks to save for them.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I wonder if the delay has anything to do with sorting the She-Ra Filmation rights?

The only thing that worries me with both being revealed so close together is if they do the pre-order so close together too... if they want the money up front for 8 figures just a month apart from each other I won't be pre-ordering both lines. It might be possible IF they announce the price point of all 8 figures right now as it gives us a few weeks to save for them.
    Yeah I'm curious about preorders as well. We're getting 16 figures still, I assume. And they said they'd be doing this quarterly, so I assume we're seeing CC figures in January, and preorders go up shortly thereafter for delivery in March? We see CG figures in February with preorders after that and delivery in June and so on?

would be nice to just get some names for a few figures.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    Yeah I'm curious about preorders as well. We're getting 16 figures still, I assume. And they said they'd be doing this quarterly, so I assume we're seeing CC figures in January, and preorders go up shortly thereafter for delivery in March? We see CG figures in February with preorders after that and delivery in June and so on?
    It's very unlikely for figures to get made that fast! I expect CC pre-order in January to then ship to customers around May/June and Club Grayskull pre-order in February to then ship June/July. Then I expect to see the other 8 figures for 2017 at SDCC for shipment around November/December.

It's a bit too late to release them quarterly as there is no way they can get them through production in a month (including any new tooling!) I expect them to ship semi annually for 2017 at least.

Every time I think I'm finally going to know, the date changes again! ;P
    I'm actually kinda happy this time, though. I've got a lot to deal with this month, and didn't want to have anxiety about whether or not I'd have to set aside some money for the next wave. February Toy Fair reveals sound kinda fun.

In all seriousness, why not start saving right now? We know the target price is 30.00 to 35.00 each. Might as well not delay on building up a reserve for them.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    They are doing quarterly waves, which means we'll only get waves for however many quarters are left in the year in which product can ship from the factory.

For example, we did pre-orders for Ultimates in late Nov, for product shipping to customers in Feb or Mar (I'm leaning towards late March, myself). Add in new tooling, and there's more time involved for production.

IF the first quarterly wave goes up for pre-order in January, I'd say we are looking at late July at the earliest for them all to arrive (if they release them all at once). So if another wave comes out in October for the 4th quarter, my guess is two waves are all we are getting for 2017.

Again, that's not fact. Just my own guesstimates.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robogeek1973 View Post
    Are there any plans for more Ultimate Edition figures, or were the first batch meant to test the waters to see if it was a viable option or not for them?

That being said, has anyone heard whether or not it had good numbers?
    AFAIK, Super7 has kept totally silent.

They won't even answer customer service questions on Ultimate Editions preorders. Which is not a good business practice. And certainly not the way to treat their advance-paying customers, who have just dropped hundreds of dollars into their account and actually financed their latest MotUC venture by crowdfounding it.
    I've been waiting over two weeks for any kind of answer, and still not a single word received from them—and I mean absolutely nothing, not even a simple "we'll look into it" acknowledgement of receipt, neither to my first message nor to a reminder I sent them a week later. As if no-one was even checking their customer service e-mail at all. Or if someone is actually checking it, then it seems their attitude is "you can screw off with your stupid questions, you annoying paying customer; we already have your over $250 in our account".
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

It's very unlikely for figures to get made that fast! I expect CC pre-order in January to then ship to customers around May/June and Club Grayskull pre-order in February to then ship June/July. Then I expect to see the other 8 figures for 2017 at SDCC for shipment around November/December.

It's a bit too late to release them quarterly as there is no way they can get them through production in a month (including any new tooling!) I expect them to ship semi annually for 2017 at least.
    This could be similar Mattel how they always tooled the first three or four figures in a sub in advance. Super 7 might have the first four of each in the works as each line has 8 figures and need to ship on time per quarter. So Collectors choice needs to be ready to ship to customers in march 2017 then Club Grayskulls first four need to be ready to ship in june 2017. second set collectors choice ship in September 2017 and last four of club Grayskull ship in December 2017. this doesn't even take into account if Super 7 announces at Toyfair in Feb that they got the thundercats Lic and reveal the years linup for second series of Thundercats Classics.
    Last edited by mjw41; December 20, 2016 at 05:43pm.
    Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    AFAIK, Super7 has kept totally silent.

They won't even answer customer service questions on Ultimate Editions preorders. Which is not a good business practice. And certainly not the way to treat their advance-paying customers, who have just dropped hundreds of dollars into their account and actually financed their latest MotUC venture by crowdfounding it.
    I've been waiting over two weeks for any kind of answer, and still not a single word received from them—and I mean absolutely nothing, not even a simple "we'll look into it" acknowledgement of receipt, neither to my first message nor to a reminder I sent them a week later. As if no-one was even checking their customer service e-mail at all. Or if someone is actually checking it, then it seems their attitude is "you can screw off with your stupid questions, you annoying paying customer; we already have your over $250 in our account".
    uaxuctum, why do you always get angry all the time? Jumping to conclusions isn't doing you any good either. You're just stressing yourself out.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest posting your question in the Ultimate Editions discussion thread. A fan may already know the answer, or be able to give you helpful perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    This could be similar Mattel how they always tooled the first three or four figures in a sub in advance. Super 7 might have the first four of each in the works as each line has 8 figures and need to ship on time per quarter. So Collectors choice needs to be ready to ship to customers in march 2017 then Club Grayskulls first four need to be ready to ship in june 2017. second set collectors choice ship in September 2017 and last four of club Grayskull ship in December 2017. this doesn't even take into account if Super 7 announces at Toyfair in Feb that they got the thundercats Lic and reveal the years linup for second series of Thundercats Classics.
    They won't go into tooling on these without pre-orders. It's a HUGE amount of cash for tooling. Mattel's got deep pockets, and can float the tooling costs.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Court Magician
    I got a quick turn-around response from Super7 when I asked about "extras". Matty tied up my toy fund, and I couldn't pre-order their Ultimate Editions. Super7 said to call the brick and mortar stores the day the figures came out to see if there were any left beyond the amount made for the subs.