Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leonard Nimoy tribute figure

Widget

Leonard Nimoy tribute figure

For some reason we got a figure that looks like Stan Lee (should have been named Excelsior instead of Standor), so why not one that looks like Leonard Nimoy? He could be called Bilbock, since Leonard Nimoy sang the "Ballad of Bilbo Baggins" and played Spock. I'm thinking he'd be a Gar wizard. He could do battle against Callix, Evilseed, Cy-Chop, and whiplash. Get it? Rock! Paper! Scissors! Lizard! Spock!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    As much as I admire Leonard Nimoy and such, I just don't see this happening. I would be in favor of them making figures or tributes to Roger Sweet, Tony Guerrero, Mark Taylor, and Lou Scheimer.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

this is an insane idea. Insanely bad idea.

Calling Standor "Excelsior" is however an amazing Idea and I wish it were canonical.

Stan-Dor really should have been Excel-Sior, I actually hate the character just a little less now thanks to this suggestion.

No, I do not want a whole bunch of celebrity MOTU figures. BUT it might be fun to have a head pack with some of the actual creators featured, rather than people, like Stan Lee, who had nothing to do with the property. Lou Schleimer, Alfredo Alcala, etc.

Ironically though, if they did do the head pack, I would want a King Kur-Bee in there to balance Excel-Sior.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Love the Exelsior idea.

Hate the Nimoy one.

Spock has nothing to do with He-Man.

Lou Scheimer is the only guy worthy of an honorary figure.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, DARIUS,

I really dug Nimoy, and he was awesome on Fringe too., but he had no connection to he-man. None.

Unless , did Filmation do the star trek cartoon? Even then it's areal stretch.

I think Lou, mark, etc deserve a figure first. I'd vote NO (if I had avote)

I think they should do a figure for every prominent celebrity.

Male or female, just stick their head on a blue-colored male MOTU body, and see how well that goes over.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    With all the due respect to Nimoy, please no!

Heroic Warrior
    Although I think Filmation did The Animated Series, that's pushing the He-Man link way too far. Tribute figures are a waste of space. Besides, I'm sure there are some Spock figures out there already.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

As much as I LOVE Leonard Nimoy, I'd rather not see a Nimoy figure in this line.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I have to say NO, Leonard Nimoy has nothing to do with He-Man, She-Ra or Masters Of The Universe.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I have to say NO, Leonard Nimoy has nothing to do with He-Man, She-Ra or Masters Of The Universe.
    This. Nimoy was not involved with anything MOTU.I do agree with the one poster about a figure of Lou Scheimer would make more sense.Yes,filmation did the Star Trek animated series but I do think a figure in the MOTU line makes no sense.I am still trying to figure out why Mattel made a figure of Stan Lee.He was Marvel not DC which is doing the MOTU comics.
    Last edited by cryanmchsi; March 23, 2015 at 08:50am.

Never really watched Star-trek so I don't have the attachment to Nimoy some do. I still respect his nerd icon status and his contribution to his era and the pop culture revival of today. But still my Motu doesn't need a Vulcan, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    This. Nimoy was not involved with anything MOTU.I do agree with the one poster about a figure of Lou Scheimer would make more sense.Yes,filmation did the Star Trek animated series but I do think a figure in the MOTU line makes no sense.I am still trying to figure out why Mattel made a figure of Stan Lee.He was Marvel not DC which is doing the MOTU comics.
    I'm guessing the OP didn't really know why Mattel released Standor. There was a reason to make the Lee fig because he was working w/Mattel on something-cant remember what. So I think that's the sole reason they made the fig. There should be no reason to make any others like this. I love Stan but that toy was a terrible idea.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    I can answer that. Scott explaind at the time that Mattel and Stan Lee's company joined forces for a business venture and to commemorate the deal between the two companys Mattel chose to give Stan Lee his own MOTUC Action figure. It was an out of sub item so no one was forced to buy it. Stan Lee= Standor

We really should get a Nemoy, Robin Williams and Paul Walker three pack. We got Star Sisters and Fighting Foe Men, I see no reason this can't happen.

Last edited by skelethon; March 23, 2015 at 03:43pm.

I think that this is not a good idea because Leonard Nimoy had no relation to MOTU.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    There are already tons of mr. Nimoy tribute figures, just search on the Star Trek side, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    We really should get a Nemoy, Robin Williams and Paul Walker three pack. We got Star Sisters and Fighting Foe Men, I see no reason this can't happen.

I wouldn't want it or pay for it

Nemoy, as others have stated, has literally no connections to He-Man or the Masters of the Universe. The Filmation connection is tenuous at best. Are those same people going to argue that the OG Ghostbusters should have a figure in the MOTUC line as well?

Standor was another Scott vanity project, somehow supposedly related to promotion because the Stan Lee convention was supposed to be some big deal.

I wouldn't turn down Tracy the Gorilla or Prime Evil figures

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I wouldn't want it or pay for it
    Was totally kidding. Thus the winky face.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post

Agreed. They could do a Princess Diana of Eternos figure, and she could come with a fancy royal car, and a fancy new hat. Just like the Malibu Stacey release of the 90s, the people of Springfield will buy it, because it has a new hat.

Stop misspelling Leonard Nimoy's name...

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Sure, I'll take a MOTUC Spock, but only if he's going through Pon Farr.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

No thanks. I would however love a figure of myself in the line.

A new G1 Galvatron toy in Transformers would be more appropriate.