Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The fangtastic Fang-Or support thread!

The fangtastic Fang-Or support thread!

(pic posted by Dragonblaster from another thread, best I can find so far)

Show your fangs...er, I mean support for a new Snakeman- Fang-Or!

Ok, I saw the sketch Axel Gimenez did for SDCC and fell in love with the idea of owning this guy. I have seen some others say they wanted him, so who's with me? Let's tip the scales in his favor for a release!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

hey the black wizard looks like the dark riders. I'm for it!

HordeDarkRiders.jpg

Also prefer the name the Irish guy on RGD suggested: Sssabor.

though people and scott argued that sabres are reserved for cats, which is based on personal association only.

I'd like to see both of them in 2016. or in a concept minisub with Josh, He-ra and the Yellow Shirted, Tug-O-War (second cousin of Dawg-o-Tor)

Given that I'm a sucker for new characters introduced into the line (as there's only so much of the same thing that can be released time after time)...........I'm in !

How cool would they have been in the 30th anniversary line?

I support Fang-Or. Great addition to the Snake Men!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

I support Fang-Or, and TGBW....I would love both.
    Recent.... Lizard Man
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Fang-Or is the Weaponer of the SnakeMen. He runs their forge and designs their weapons. , and out of all the factions, the snakemen are in need of more characters, so he would be a welcomed addition. His enlarged teeth a a perfect trait to have accentuated for a snake man, just as characters like Tongue Lashor with his tongue or Squeeze with his arms before him.

fangor.jpg
    And hes an easy figure to make, Its more or less a rattlor buck with carnivus shin guards, merman feet, BA King Hiss forearms. New head, new armor, new weapons and we got a new snake man.

Heroic Warrior
    I would dig figures of both those pictured here. Awesome!

Anything to boost the number of the Snake Men. I will even go for a Snake Man 2 Pack repaint with new weapons to!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't say no to either of these dudes!
    MASS REJECTION ~ FRESH MEAT is coming www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

I thought Man-At-Arms was the Man-At-Arms of the Snake Men.

I was wondering a few days ago...is Fang-Or meant to be from the Preternian era, just like the others, or does he pop up later? I've never seen any actual information about him and was just curious.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

WHERE'S CRITA???? C'MON MATTY! DO THE RIGHT THING!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Yes! More Snakemen the better, also want Lady Slither.
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

We've been waiting 30 years for new snake men warriors so bring him on.

I'd say he comes from ancient Preternian times - more play and display options that way!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'd be just fine with getting both of those guys. A few more snake men couldn't hurt. His 'Army' does seem a little lacking. I still wouldn't mind if they repainted the snake army builder and put it out again.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Would love both of these guys and to echo others, the more Snake Men the better....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Well, he looks wayyyyyyy better than..... so called "their creator", The Unnamed One !

I'll buy him for sure !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

I would love both those figures. I think there was a Vip-or as well. More snake men would be awesome to get.
    HORDE WRAITH, ABC GIANTS, 200x Evil-lyn, 200x Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Hawke/Delora, Queen Andreeno, Captain Randor, 200x Tri-Klops

He's one of the coolest looking figures designed during the line
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    He's one of the coolest looking figures designed during the line
    I do really love his look. Interesting use of the ouroboros around his belt buckle. I wonder if it has a meaning or was purely a design choice? His little pet is cool, too. I bet they have a telepathic link and the creature acts as his voice, like a telepathic parrot...there's no way he can talk with those giant fangs, even if they do retract somewhat. Lol.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

WHERE'S CRITA???? C'MON MATTY! DO THE RIGHT THING!

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    I would love both those figures. I think there was a Vip-or as well. More snake men would be awesome to get.
    Yeah i got a nother thread coming up, the other to were Streech Neek and Vypor, in regards to the info on fangor it was explained in a on the matty collector forum let me find the info,

"So there is this HUUUGE argument in a German fanforum about wether or not He-Man and the defenders of Eternia committed genocide amongst the Snakemen, and I hope you can settle this argument once and for all.

The one camp claims that the killing of the Snakemen, which they see as a race of intelligent and (to a degree) sophisticated species, with a sense of arts and, most importantly, with civilians, is genocide and very untypical for He-Man, to say the least.
    The other camp claims that the Snakemen, according to the bios, are no "race" to begin with, but an artificially created hybrid of three different cold-blooded species, bred for one sole purpose only: To fight and conquer.

Some of the questions and points raised are:

If all Snakemen are in hybernation and captured in the void, how could Kobra Khan descend from them? (Can you explain the "evolution" that led to the birth of Kobra Khan?)
    Who provides the fighting Snakemen army with weapons and armor if not civilian Snakemen?
    Did the spell of separation kill all Snakemen in the entire universe or did it just affect the Snakemen on Eternia?
    If all Snakemen are the same obedient and loyal to King Hssss, can some of them be concidered civilians at all? Or is every Snakemen a soldier (the bios already suggest that, but can you confirm this?)
    Are Snakemen BORN or CREATED?
    Did the Unnamed One magically create them or did he use biotechnology or traditional breeding or what?
    Did He-Man know about the actual effect of the Spell of Separation before the Defenders decided to cast it upon the Snakemen? Neither in the second minicomic, when he overhears the conversation between Hordak and Hssss, nor in the third minicomic in the "mission briefing", it is mentioned what the Spell of Separation will actually do to the Snakemen (other than "stopping them once and for all").
    And last but not least: Do YOU consider this act a genocide on the Snakemen?

Thank you so much for your time and effort that you put into creating the MOTUC canon. Good journey!
    This message has been edited. Last edited by: DJ Force, April 19, 2013 07:23 AM

Posts: 128 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 16, 2010 Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Toyguru
    Collector Supreme
    posted April 19, 2013 12:31 PM Hide Post
    Lets see if I can clarify.

First off, yes the SM were created by the Unnamed One as a weapon for his revenge. But specifically:

Q: If all Snakemen are in hybernation and captured in the void, how could Kobra Khan descend from them? (Can you explain the "evolution" that led to the birth of Kobra Khan?)

A: Although artifically created through magic, the Snake Men can still breed and have offspring like any other animal.

Q: Who provides the fighting Snakemen army with weapons and armor if not civilian Snakemen?

A: Fang-Or is the Weaponer of the SnakeMen. He runs their forge and designs their weapons.

Q: Did the spell of separation kill all Snakemen in the entire universe or did it just affect the Snakemen on Eternia?

A: Just those who were in front of Orko and in spell casting range during the Second Ultimate Battleground.

Q: If all Snakemen are the same obedient and loyal to King Hssss, can some of them be concidered civilians at all? Or is every Snakemen a soldier (the bios already suggest that, but can you confirm this?)

A: All of the Snakemen serve the Unnamed One. A percentage of them was assigned to King Hssss as his personal army. But their are other "generals" out there serving the Unnamed One who also have Snake Men armies etc.. Where they are is a story yet to be told!

Q:Are Snakemen BORN or CREATED?

A: They were magically created by the Unnamed One by fusing and mixing the DNA of three reptillian races (which is why not all Snake Men look the same and have the same powers).

Q: Did the Unnamed One magically create them or did he use biotechnology or traditional breeding or what?

A: A little of each.

Q: Did He-Man know about the actual effect of the Spell of Separation before the Defenders decided to cast it upon the Snakemen? Neither in the second minicomic, when he overhears the conversation between Hordak and Hssss, nor in the third minicomic in the "mission briefing", it is mentioned what the Spell of Separation will actually do to the Snakemen (other than "stopping them once and for all").

A: He knew it would put an end to them and it was their weakness. The specifics of how the Spell of Seperation effected them was a bit of a surprise. But the results were known.

Q: And last but not least: Do YOU consider this act a genocide on the Snakemen?

A: He-Man and the Masters defended there planet from the attacking squad of Snake Men with a magic spell that stopped them. They did not wipe out the species if that is what you are asking. There are plenty of Snake Men still out there both on Eternia and in the greater Universe/Dimensions."

So i apologize Fang-Or is the Weaponer of the SnakeMen. He runs their forge and designs their weapons. so hes not the MAA but more of the Spikor or Yolt of the snakemen. Sorry for the wrong info ill correct the top thread.

I have a feeling that the 2016 line is going to include these guys (and others like them(I hope)).
    Btw--I think the Black Wizard would have made way more sense to be the Unnamed one and he could have been in the line already...alas....

Heroic Warrior
    I hardly ever post here anymore, but I wanted to register my support for Fang-or and any other new Snake Men.

I actually would LOVE VINTAGE looking SNAKE MEN to fill out the ranks of KING HISSS' Army!

But, I actually do NOT want Fang-Or or the Great Black Wizard, due to their 200X look making them look so different from the Vintage based Snake Men I love.

FANG-OR's Shin guards being the worse part of his design to me personally. I accept them on He-Ro I guess, & I know on 200X figures like Carnivous, Zodak & King He-Man, the belong there.....but I HATE them for some unlnown reason. I also dislike FANG-OR's & RATTLOR's loin cloth. It's already weird that Rattlor & Toung Lasher were "furry" loin clothes in the vintage line, but the exaggerated loner 200X loin cloths bother me on vintage figures in the MOTUC toyline. Just my personal preference.

Lady Slither, I want a FEMALE "Snake MAN" VERY badly, my CAC design (I never sent in) was Sedusssa: a female Snake Woman with the ability to lure men to her w/ her pure Green-skinned BEAUTIFUL clutches.....right before she changes (reversible head preferred or 2nd head) & you see her true identity.....a HIDEOUS monstrous Snake Woman ready to deliver a venomous kissss of death that will paralyze & eventually kill her prey!

^ That being said, I would x1000 rather have The SNAKE GODDESS over Lady Slither. The SNAKE GODDESS can be a deity who can revive all of her Snake Men worshipers, & then the NEW resurrected "Battle Armor" KING HISS can be ruler of the Snake Men army ready to take Eternia's magic for their own & Eternia's population for their slaves & food source! KING HISS will be the RULER of the Snake Men that they all obey, while the Italian MOTU comic character The SNAKE GODDESS will be the deity they worship! Together The Snake Goddess & King Hiss will once again make the SNAKE MEN a terrifying force so deadly that even then Evil Warriors & Masters of the Universe will have to join together on occasions to survive! The UNO will be reviled by the Snake Men & will cower in fear knowing he is on the Snake Men's HIT LISSSSSST!

So here's my SNAKE MEN wants for the immediate future in MOTUC (or the following line using the MOTUC bucks)

1.) The SNAKE GODDESS! (*100% the most important & deserving female SNAKE MAN to be produced in MOTUC!)
    2.) SNAKE WARRIORS 2-pk. re-deco: Bright Green & Purple Snake Men 2-pk. same figures & weapons/armor w/ new colors save Matty $
    3.) CAMO KHAN *Chase figure! (Can U find this Camouflaged Snake Man on mayycollector.com? Look hard 4 him to appear! ect.)
    4.) Tongue Lasher Filmation: w/ ARMOR w/ swappable HORDE + Snake Men symbol. *Fig thru "classicizer w/ enough paint details/shading

5.) VY-Por & Stretch Nek: IF these x2 figures were made w/ VINTAGE looks & look like they could seamlessly fit in w/ vintage updates, I'd take a 2-pk. of these characters since they would generally be another SNAKE MEN army builder 2pk.

All this being said, I generally have NO interest in ANY figure (due to designs) of ANY MOTUC created characters from the mini-comics or any new re-designed DC New 52 MOTU 2.0s (except maybe the Green Goddess to get 1 that doesn't have breakage issues). I find there are SO MANY MOTU characters from the Vintage MOTU mini-comics, Italian, Brazilian, UK, German, Filmation, POP, Golden Books, Lady Bird books, NA, ect. that would make AWESOME MOTUC figures since they were designed during the Vintage MOTU timeline, & to me & my friends, fit in so much better than the new MOTUC created characters that to us lack any imagination & are created w/ part re-use as the priority of their design, rather than have a MOTU vintage design & parts re-use can be used to achieve making the figure!

I'm sorry my Fang-Or & other NEW MOTUC mini-comic characters rant is so long. I just feel VERY passionate about how many characters from my above mentioned sources: (*Vintage MOTU mini-comics, Italian, Brazilian, UK, German, Filmation, POP, Golden Books, Lady Bird books, NA, ect.) would make WAY better MOTUC figures that feel well........more MOTU than any of Scott's!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Fang-Or is IMO one of the best "new" characters from the MOTUC canon. He's a cool looking figure that requires very little new tooling plus he adds to the Snake Men army. I'm all for new Snake Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Fang-Or is IMO one of the best "new" characters from the MOTUC canon. He's a cool looking figure that requires very little new tooling plus he adds to the Snake Men army. I'm all for new Snake Men.
    I agree. I would buy a Fang-Or!