Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The official MOTUC Fang-Or thread - with Pixel Dan review

He'd make a great first quarter 2016 release. Besides, we need at least one Snake Men figure in '16... and all the vintage guys will have had their day. I'd take him AND Lady Slither next year!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    He'd make a great first quarter 2016 release. Besides, we need at least one Snake Men figure in '16... and all the vintage guys will have had their day. I'd take him AND Lady Slither next year!
    Totally agree. Would love both of them.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Bring them both on. The sooner the better.

Give me Fang-Or and Lady Slither, stat!

in fact, bringing some more of the concept Snake Men (I always wanted to have more of them, since the vintage mini Comic that came with King Hiss that Shows lots of Sneaky Snake Men) - would bring me back for signing a 2016 Sub... probably my wife is going to kill me - but I then die as a happy man with some more toys

...but they really have to scale down the number of the figure Slots (for me that would be really important).

Did Fang-or's flying serpent pet appear in the MYP cartoon or the MOTUC mini-comic? He looks familiar

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUmaster View Post
    Did Fang-or's flying serpent pet appear in the MYP cartoon or the MOTUC mini-comic? He looks familiar
    I really have no clue but I feel the need to say I LOVE the idea of pets. We've had a few; vintage style Imp (in my imagination Hordak's bat was Imp), Kobra Khan's little lizard buddy, I choose to count Evilseed's chompy vine friends... we need more!

Heroic Warrior
    I guess his name is "Fangor" not "Fang-Or?" He looks awesome! So psyched to be getting another Snake Man. Bring on Lady Slither. They are sorely missing a female character.

Fang? -Or- not so much fang...

I love how his pet looks as though it can sit on his shoulders!
    Last edited by Zodac; January 25, 2017 at 11:30pm.

So great to get an all new member of the Snake Men!! Looking forward to Quick Flick, Lady Slither, and possibly Vypor & Stretch Nek!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Good choice by Super7. Unusual to find a new character with such support.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

And here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Fang-Or!
    Check it out:

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Yay, the return of Pixel Dan MOTUC reviews! Fang-or was the figure I was least excited about, but he still turned out really well. I have had success with the bat snake sitting across the back of Fang-or's neck, with the curved part of the bat snake's tail tucked right under his right arm pit. It's not not a super snug fit, but good enough to keep him in place.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Good choice by Super7. Unusual to find a new character with such support.

We can never have enough new Snake Men, given they were the least fleshed out in terms of number of figures available.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Fang-Or is simply epic, imo.

Like I've written in detail elsewhere, he is an example of perfection in MOTUC action figure execution. Great concept, design, sculpt, paint, articulation, accessories ... everything.

If Super7 keeps producing MOTUC figures with this degree of excellence, I'll be a very happy collector indeed. This kind of greatness is what got me started collecting MOTU, and will keep me doing so! When curious friends want to see examples of the very best MOTUC has to offer, I now include Fang-Or on the list of figures I point them to. (Alongside, for instance, Blade, Vykor, etc).

I sincerely appreciate everyone who had anything to do with this character's concept, this figure's production.

Last edited by The Timeless One; February 28, 2018 at 01:08pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I wish many more Axel's designs could reach our shelves,
    Fang-Or is one of these lessons to me, attesting that nostalgia
    may not be the only factor when it comes to collect ... Coolness
    sometimes does it even better.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Great new character and a great figure. So glad to have the bios back and that new artwork is really nice.

Thanks Dan, great to have a new MOTUC review.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    As mentioned elsewhere, is the armor not removable, Dan ?

I really like the new ankle articulation. Really looking forward to getting this figure.

For those that have him already, is it possible to heat up the snake bat pet in order to reshape it, or is the plastic still too rigid after heating?

I'm pretty excited about getting this guy and whatever else down the road the Four Horsemen decide to sculpt based on Axel's designs! Fang-Or is pretty much the sort of thing that should have come out alongside Draego-Man for the 30th Anniversary line

Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    As mentioned elsewhere, is the armor not removable, Dan ?
    Non-removable armor.

Mine has better paint than Dan's. The heads popping off too easily is an across the board issue. I've examined the 2 heads and the extended fang head's hole is wider than the other, hence why it pops off so easily.

And it looks like Dan's ab crunch looseness is even worse than mine. This is actually my biggest complaint about this figure.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Right. His armor is glued. I find this very odd, fwiw. The thickness of his armor plastic is such that it could have been removable without concerns about fragility, etc, as far as I can tell. Fang-Or having non-removable armor is my one nitpick about what is, in my opinion, an excellent and nearly transcendent figure.

I also have no such paint issues as Pixel Dan's (the paint of my Fang-Or is simply immaculate). The torso crunch on mine is a notch loose (in comparison to other MOTUC figures), but not in any way problematic. Beneath the level of even a nitpick. Just a difference. For another comparison, my Fang-Or's ab crunch is far, far better than the floppy looseness that were some of the Power-Con 2017 figures.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; February 28, 2018 at 04:24pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    Right. His armor is glued. I find this very odd, fwiw. The thickness of his armor plastic is such that it could have been removable without concerns about fragility, etc, as far as I can tell. Fang-Or having non-removable armor is my one nitpick about what is, in my opinion, an excellent and nearly transcendent figure.

I also have no such paint issues as Pixel Dan's (the paint of my Fang-Or is simply immaculate). The torso crunch on mine is a notch loose (in comparison to other MOTUC figures), but not in any way problematic. Beneath the level of even a nitpick. Just a difference. For another comparison, my Fang-Or's ab crunch is far, far better than the floppy looseness that were some of the Power-Con 2017 figures.
    Interesting. My Wave 1 figures have much worse ab crunch looseness than the Power Con figures.

Yes, the plastic has been improved, but not enough. Super 7 is still not there yet.

I'd like to add that I just checked out my Power Con figures before responding to you and I was frustratingly reminded about how bad those PC figures actually are. Plasmar CAN NOT hold his weapons. It just took me 5 minutes to reset the figure after picking him up, because his blasters keep falling out. UGH!
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Interesting. My Wave 1 figures have much worse ab crunch looseness than the Power Con figures.

Yes, the plastic has been improved, but not enough. Super 7 is still not there yet.

I'd like to add that I just checked out my Power Con figures before responding to you and I was frustratingly reminded about how bad those PC figures actually are. Plasmar CAN NOT hold his weapons. It just took me 5 minutes to reset the figure after picking him up, because his blasters keep falling out. UGH!
    Hm. That is weird, yeah. I just double-checked by physically inspecting them right now. Same as I first wrote. My Power-Con 2017 figs (Plasmar, Gr'Asp, Terroar) all have really floppy ab crunches... Gr'Asp is the worst, as such. My Wave 1 CC figs, including Fang-Or, have looser ab crunches, yes, but nothing even remotely like the Power-Con figs.

I guess what we're looking at here is just a variance in the QC for these Wave 1 figures? Between the differences in the paint quality, joint situation, and of course for the female figures, the hip situation... I'd propose this as things for Super7 to consider addressing, and what seem to be within their realm on control by Wave 2?

Regarding the plastic ... I guess I don't have any complaints about Fang-Or, or my set of CC figures overall. As I wrote in my detailed breakdowns in the arrival thread. Is the plastic noticeably different? Yes. However, again vastly improved over the PC figures, these CC figs are entirely problem-free for me, in terms of plastic. By that I mean, it doesn't feel unstable or low-quality, introduces no problem in terms of paint or articulation, isn't overly shiny like some early photos made it look, etc. Really, I have nothing to complain about. Rather, I praise the improvement over the PC figures, which were very problematic, as such. Plasmar in particular, yes.

So nice getting a Pixel Dan video review of a MotU figure again!!

Looking forward to getting this figure! Watching the vid I just realized they didn't put the Snake Men faction sticker on the packaging. Is that something that Super7 isn't doing? Not super important but it was there in the past.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!