Thread: WTFWTK 2.107 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.107 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by blackiecats.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Grayskull's Heir: Will it be possible to combine several Modulok figures and build one huge uber-Modulok with, say, 5 torsos and ten heads? If so, the figure will need to include enough connector pieces to make this possible and have day-of-sale stock.

2. blackiecats: Will there be any further figures in 2013 that do not get any day-of-sale stock?

3. King Tamusk: At PowerCon 2012, attendees were able to get a secret accessory (fused Keldor swords) and hear the announcement of Castle Grayskull. Will attendees of PowerCon 2013 be getting any such treats, such as a new secret accessory or big announcement, or both?

4. MrRoboto: When one looks at a year's worth of figures recently, we see a line-up from different factions, eras and so forth. How is it decided or what guidelines do you follow to determine which character is put into their respective monthly slot?

5. No-Ah: I discovered this line last year with the Castle Grayskull pre-order. When we pre-ordered, we were told Grayskull would come out in December 2013. At SDCC you mentioned that Castle Grayskull is coming out in November. I have two of these pre-ordered. That's a lot of money to me and the difference between November and December is big when it comes to budgeting for big ticket items like this. Which is it? Does the Castle comes out in November or December? And if it is now November, will you make any provisions for those of us who expected and budgeted to buy these in December?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Is it possible to reveal for all the fans the road map for 2014 2015 ?
    ( even if we already know that but a lot of collectors need to be said what you will make. I am quite sure that will help a lot to sell more subs and keep the line going on )
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Are there any plans being considered yet to try and pursue the 87 Movie rights for a possible 6-or-12 figure movie subline for 2016 or later with us now trying to wrap up the vintage roster for good?
    I mean come ON! You KNOW we all want figures of those movie versions... especially a vac metal God Skeletor!
    Last edited by Replikor; August 13, 2013 at 12:09am.

Hiya Scott. I've already subbed by the way because I'm a HUGE POP fan and want this faction completed as well as this line to continue. In one of the WTFWTK you said that in the 2014 sub, we would see most POP releases than any previous year. To my knowledge, we have seen 4 in one year. Without naming any, can you tell us how many will be released in 2014 (just including the Vintage characters)? I personally consider Scorpia as a Horde Member and not POP. Thanks!

It has been previously stated that we will only get the A list NA characters in the adjusted roadmap for 2014 and 2015. Specifically, human good guys liek Kayo will not make the cut. Do we have any idea how many of the space mutants are considered A list and how many we might eventually be missing by the time 2015 is complete?
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Can you let us in on how well the Mini Masters did sale-wise and will we be getting any more in the future? Either as its own line or strictly as Exclusives? Thanks Scott.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

What figures from 200X are considered A-list? Specifically ones that we may be seeing in the next 2 years.

Heroic Warrior
    Most fans assume that we will get Skeletor from NA down the road, but I was wondering if there has been any talk of which NA Skelly we could get. I mean, it could be argued that Disks of Doom Skeletor, whose appearance dominated the 2nd half of the JetLag series, was a much cooler version than the regular NA Skeletor. Has there been any discussions in if we only get one Skeletor Variant from NA, will it be the original look, or the DOD look?

You have stated before that you do not currently have the rights for any of the characters from the '87 movie, outside the ones that were made into toys in the 80's. The character "Karg" was never made into a toy back then, but he is definitely wanted by those that would love to fill out that mercenary band of villains. Have you ever considered the Star Comics version of Karg and securing the licensing rights for just that one character? Would that be a cheaper alternative? He'd make an EXCELLENT sub exclusive or convention exclusive.

4318219116_b1ff1d4354_m.jpg

Supposedly the Horde Trooper armor is too loose, leading to the armor sliding down and the figure looking strange at San Diego Comic Con. Is Mattel aware of this issue, and if so, is there any fix planned for the production Horde Troopers so that they don't suffer from the issue of their armor sliding down too far on the figure?
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

Any surprises planned at the Mattel booth during Power-Con? Loo-kee, Spirit of Hordak, mystery accessory, etc.?

When we place an order for a subscription on Matty.com we are charged $25 (or $35) for membership/the sub exclusive figure. But there is also a second pre-authorization on our cards for $25 per sub. This is unexpected. Nowhere on the site do you tell us that you will be doing this. But even if a customer understands and expects this pre-authorization to tie up this additional money for a few days, it ties up money in our accounts just when you want us to spend it on more subscriptions! For example, if a customer has $100 in his or her account, they can only order 2 subs, even though they have enough money for 4. Is there any chance you might work with your vendor and change this policy in time for the next sub drive. Let us spend our money!

What are the chances to get within 2014-2015 subs:

1. Imp figure with Filmation Hordak as an accesory
    2. Loo Kee figure with Light Hope pipe of light/action figure as an accesory...

... the same way you guys did with Orko and Price Adam back in time?

I mean are these planned to be in MOTUC line before 2016?

Thanx for reading!
    Last edited by O'hartley; August 20, 2013 at 12:37am.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

I know Pixel Dan asked this at sdcc, but I want to ask again to be sure the possibility is at least considered.

If the back ends of both arm rests on the Grayskull throne were shortened, the Sorceress's wings would actually lay down against the chair. Upon inspecting the throne at sdcc, I noticed that there is a logical indentation on each side where the cut could be made. Perhaps those portions of the mold could be filled in if the mold has already been made? I know you get a TON done for us with this line, but please, I'm pleading for this. It would make the playset perfect. It's amazing!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Chewer of Trollans
    Will the jawbridge on Castle Grayskull have an alternative way of opening as opposed to requiring a power sword?

Sky High and Sky Sled would be released next month. TG mentioned that the Sky Sled would be compatible with the Wind Raider stand. The problem is that many of us would like to display both vehicles in action and we only have one stand. Is the Sky sled compatible with any other flight stand released so far?

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    Why do you sell the remaining stock one or two figures a time each month? Why not put all the figures that still have stock for sale on permanently like with He-man and Skeletor.
    -= CAN WE EVER HAVE ENOUGH MOTU FIGURES? =-

NO WE CAN'T !!

Is the Oracle the Trollon Guide to He-ro as Orko was the Trollon guide to Prince Adam?

Heroic Warrior
    Are there any He-Man and Skeletor variants we are for sure NOT getting until at least 2016?
    Specifically are you just doing vintage, or can we hold out hope for Snake Armor (or fear for Samurai)?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Are there any plans for advertising as we hopefully make it to 2015? Magazines, etc? It'd be nice to bring in new fans so we don't struggle like we did this year.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

in an earlier QNA, this question wasked, and the answer given
    3. Shokoti's Slave: So far we know of Veena, Kodak Ungor and Teela'Na. In all the centuries between the first and last Guardian, has there ever been a male Guardian of Castle Grayskull in the MOTUC mythos? A Sorcerer of Grayskull, so to speak?

Yes, both men and women have served in this role over the centuries. Some non humans too.
    So, in extension to that, have women ever weilded the Power Sword? I know we have She-ra with the sword of Wisdom, but I think a woman with the Sword of power would be a bit different.