Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sword is Coming! - More Accessories in MOTU figures in 2014.

Filmation Sword is Coming! - More Accessories in MOTU figures in 2014.

EDIT:

This has now been officially confirmed. First up is the Filmation Power Sword:
    http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...word-revealed/

Listening to the podcast at: http://afbpodcast.com/audio/AFB-Podcast-Episode-77.m4a

One of the things Scott let slip towards the end, which is supposed to be officially announced soon, that they are pushing more accessories into the 2014 figures. It sounds like it'll be similar to some of the stuff they did with the FILMation sub figures, where if a figure has one or two accessories, it could have a second or third accessory that is a cool bonus that might not necessarily go exactly with that figure!

So, we could see more cool one-off accessories like the Diamond Ray of Disappearance, or something that might contemplate a past figure!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Listening to the podcast at: http://afbpodcast.com/audio/AFB-Podcast-Episode-77.m4a

One of the things Scott let slip towards the end, which is supposed to be officially announced soon, that they are pushing more accessories into the 2014 figures. It sounds like it'll be similar to some of the stuff they did with the FILMation sub figures, where if a figure has one or two accessories, it could have a second or third accessory that is a cool bonus that might not necessarily go exactly with that figure!

So, we could see more cool one-off accessories like the Diamond Ray of Disappearance, or something that might contemplate a past figure!

That would be icing on the cake!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

I thought this was mentioned in the most recent RGD. I am looking forward to this feature. I would like to see the spell of separation artifacts from MYP.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    That is awesome! Anything that adds value can't hurt at all
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I thought this was mentioned in the most recent RGD. I am looking forward to this feature. I would like to see the spell of separation artifacts from MYP.
    Was it? I didn't remember that. Either way, it's a cool bonus to me. I love the extras coming with some of the figures we've gotten already and would love for that to become more regular.

Why would he not reveal this?

I think he did also say that this new info would be revealed on mattycollector in a few days.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Cool, I'll take more accessories....this is how they are dealing with the no more Weapons Pack thing....good to know, I like the idea. Maybe there is still hope to getting a Filmation Power Sword.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Was it? I didn't remember that. Either way, it's a cool bonus to me. I love the extras coming with some of the figures we've gotten already and would love for that to become more regular.
    Is Batros only coming with one accessory?

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I think so. I realized I was confusing things in my head because, so far, Fang-Man and Icer were the ones that came with extra accessories not related to them. But they weren't both in the FILMation sub. From what we know so far Icer is the only one of that sub that comes with extras, I believe.

It seems like a selling point, why not announce it with longer than a few days left? It's good news for sure, but seems like a missed opportunity to increase the excitement.

There are so many things I want! I bet Dylamug would be a great place to incorporate the new items.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Great! looking forward to this.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    That mace would look sweet on Sky High

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Cool, I'll take more accessories....this is how they are dealing with the no more Weapons Pack thing....good to know, I like the idea. Maybe there is still hope to getting a Filmation Power Sword.
    Or magenta Faker stuff...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    I think he did also say that this new info would be revealed on mattycollector in a few days.
    He better announce it before the sub sales close

Can the rear part of the Battle-Ram be an accessory too, please?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Can the rear part of the Battle-Ram be an accessory too, please?
    Sure...and it will come in a different shade of blue to "pop"

My guess is that Scott is hoping to shove these things in but can't be sure. I am surprised Batros only has one accessory, I guess the Filmation sub was stretching allocated budget and tooling to the limit across the whole six figures.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Sure...and it will come in a different shade of blue to "pop"
    Hey, they could package it with Modulok (since he's coming in a box) as a secret accessory.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Why would he not reveal this?
    Exactly. Why wait to announce this. Should have been mentioned at SDCC. And we're just hearing of this news with 1 week to subscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Exactly. Why wait to announce this. Should have been mentioned at SDCC. And we're just hearing of this news with 1 week to subscribe.
    I don't know. It's a minor thing that would appeal to fans. Maybe it'd be better to save it for later after all the other reveals to have more impact? Or maybe it's something they just figured out?

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    If they have a piece of information NOW, about the sub that would make it more appealing in any way and are not revealing it NOW, it's a botch. Plain and simple.

Sigh. Oh, you guys. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    If they have a piece of information NOW, about the sub that would make it more appealing in any way and are not revealing it NOW, it's a botch. Plain and simple.
    Agree. Anything & everything not mentioned that could affect sub sales is a let down. Many people like the extra accessories/weapons. For customs or just to add some new flavor to their figures. Extras are always good.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Jon, I would agree with you 100% if we had already made the
    minimum. We haven't. And since they aren't revealing the sub exclusive for 2014 for some reason, more info than "you already know who we have to pick from aside from these four figures" would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Or magenta Faker stuff...
    I second this...

Lots of good accessories coming in 2014 such as this

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...word-revealed/

Toy Fans,

We’ve already revealed that in 2014 Goat Man™ is arriving with Stratos’ Staff of Avion, and as we get ready to gear up for some serious accessory action in 2014, we’ve got another special sneak peek at a long-awaited accessory that’s coming next year!

As you know, the 2014 lineup will not only contain figures you’ve been waiting for, it’s also going to have some of the most-wanted accessories that fans are demanding. While we can’t reveal which figure will come with this particular sword, we can say that it will be included somewhere in the 2014 lineup. And we can also tell you the figure it comes with will not necessarily be connected to this sword. We’re doing this because we really want to make sure that over the next two years we give you the awesome accessories you’ve been demanding at the same time we give you the figures that will wrap up your Classics collection.