Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sword is Coming! - More Accessories in MOTU figures in 2014.

Heroic Warrior
    More accessories are cool, hope to see some cool stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    It probably wasn't ready. The sculpt image provided is still obviously at a very early stage, they probably rushed it out to help push the subscription.
    I hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The Filmation Power Sword looks odd... The dark gray and the proportions seems to be not really Filmation-like...

It doesn`t even look right upside down.

Attachment 87106

I prefer this version

Attachment 87107
    Yeah it looks even worse that way up.
    That other version is far superior, that's what I want a Filmation sword to look like!

It is cool that we're getting more accessories though.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    That sword looks awful!
    If hundred dollar bills were included with the figures, people would complain about how they were folded...
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I'd be upset. If Mattel could afford to include a hundred dollar bill with my toy, then why are they complaining about their budget? And why not include two hundred dollar bills, so I have an extra? And it is a slap in the face to MOC collectors, because you would have to open the package to remove the bill. Also, it's unfair to international collectors who do not use American dollars. Mattel is lying to the fans!

So they cut accessories in 2013 and now that things are looking bleak, they offer up the accessories that should have come with some of the figures this year. Netossa, Mosquitor, Rattlor, and others were supposed to have a MINIMUM of two accessories each. Fool me once Mattel... ONLY once.
    Last edited by Lookie; August 12, 2013 at 10:50pm. Reason: Added Rattlor to the lis
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

2014 looks like it's shaping up to be one of the best years yet!
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Happy for people who want the Filmation Power Sword but the proportions on that proto look really funky.

I'm all for more accessories but I hope the majority are NOT Filmation inspired. Hoping to see some vintage mini-comic inspired swords, spears, and shields to stock Grayskull.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

So in the next panel, he's getting his hands bandaged because he tried to punch a sword?

Didnt the Horsemen start a thread a few months ago asking fans to name and provide pictures of filmation wanted accessories...
    Might be a good idwa to check that thread for possibilites...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I'm not seeing the Filmation sword there, and I don't know why that's what everyone is saying. Does TG call it that and I'm just somehow missing it in the blurb? I see a smaller Power Sword, which most of all makes me think of He-Ro/Dare or possibly 200x Prince Adam whose sword was smaller although that's truly not a variant I expect in the next two years.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 12, 2013 at 09:51pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Widget
    The fact that they are packing in extra accessories could be why they said there would be no weapons pack in 2014.

I know most of you do not like the Filmation sword, but I am still excited by the possibility of getting other fan demanded accessories as little surprise bonuses. Maybe we'll be getting Stonedar's red guarder belt thingies...

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    So in the next panel, he's getting his hands bandaged because he tried to punch a sword?
    Nah, he's getting the final stamp on his Man Card for outstanding service in the face of sharp oncoming projectiles.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mdhollywood247 View Post
    It's painted Two tone to match She Ra's sword we got in the weapons pack.
    Do you know which weapons pack has the She-Ra sword? I may need to track that down.

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    I believe the 2nd weapons pack ill find out the name and post it

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    It's the great wars one its the one that also has the gold Mer Man 200x deco stuff in it.

This is awesome. Can not wait to see what else get's packed in with the figures.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That sword looks awful!
    I've been wanting this sword as an extra, and I agree (sadly). They did Adora's perfect (and the Weapons Pak repaint)! I don't know what's up with He-Man's... I think the part near the handle is too narrow...and the blade should be a tiny bit thinner. That might fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm not seeing the Filmation sword there, and I don't know why that's what everyone is saying. Does TG call it that and I'm just somehow missing it in the blurb? I see a smaller Power Sword, which most of all makes me think of He-Ro/Dare or possibly 200x Prince Adam whose sword was smaller although that's truly not a variant I expect in the next two years.
    The file name of the picture is: HeMan_Filmation_Sword_newsPage.jpg

This IS very exciting news, though! I hope we also get Netossa's face mask. My God, I want her mask.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

This is great news! Love getting Filmation artifacts and weapons.

Its highly likely this sword will come with another Filmation character as we've been seeing this whole year. Its awesome that we're getting these with characters that don't really have a specific weapon so its a great way to load them up and make them even more worthwhile! The sword is at an early stage, still looks rough and I'm highly hopeful the final version will impress...most of us! (some just love to complain prematurely)

Fang Man - Sword of the Ancients
    Icer - Staff of Avion
    Plundor - Skeletor's axe
    Strong Arm - Blaster Evil Lyn had

Maybe a good guy like King Miro or Lizard Man is coming in 2014?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    It doesn't look very accurate, but given the very rough sculpt, it's possible that it's just something they threw together quickly to show.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    That Filmation Power Sword is just all kinds of wrong. Too short and too fat.

I personally love this image that was provided by Battle_Brak.
    PowerProtection.jpg

Now this is what the Filmation Power Sword should look like! Not overly simplistic like the Filmation design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    That... doesn't look exactly like the Filmation power sword. Why is two-tone?
    Looks shorter and too rounded in places also.
    Filmation left out details and additional colors to save on their budgetary constraints, we are fortunate enough to have more detail added to it and that's a good thing. But as for the proportions, you are absolutely correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Filmation sword through the Classicized Machine ™
    They better do some adjustments to their Classicizer Machine because the sword is way off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The Filmation Power Sword looks odd... The dark gray and the proportions seems to be not really Filmation-like...

It doesn`t even look right upside down.
    Glad to see we're all seeing a problem with the proportions on the Filmation Power Sword. Hopefully, if we can make enough noise now, it's still early enough to get it fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Weaver 78 View Post
    Agreed. Why bother making a Filmation Power sword if you're just going to 'classicize' it until it doesn't look like a Filmation Power Sword anymore?
    Exactly! The silhouette of this sword looks nothing like the Filmation Power Sword.

That sword looks awful!
    Yeah, we can only hope this was a poor first attempt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Happy for people who want the Filmation Power Sword but the proportions on that proto look really funky.
    I'm not a Filmation first fan but I have always preferred the longer Filmation Power Sword to short and stubby vintage design. I do like the two-tone idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I've been wanting this sword as an extra, and I agree (sadly). They did Adora's perfect (and the Weapons Pak repaint)! I don't know what's up with He-Man's... I think the part near the handle is too narrow...and the blade should be a tiny bit thinner.
    Not only should the blade be thinner, but it should also be longer. The hilt is just awful
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 12, 2013 at 11:41pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    EDIT:

This has now been officially confirmed. First up is the Filmation Power Sword:

One of the things Scott let slip towards the end, which is supposed to be officially announced soon, that they are pushing more accessories into the 2014 figures. It sounds like it'll be similar to some of the stuff they did with the FILMation sub figures, where if a figure has one or two accessories, it could have a second or third accessory that is a cool bonus that might not necessarily go exactly with that figure!

So, we could see more cool one-off accessories like the Diamond Ray of Disappearance, or something that might contemplate a past figure!
    YES!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!! Happy Days!!!!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    That Filmation Power Sword is just all kinds of wrong. Too short and too fat.
    Agreed, it's more suited for Gwildor IMO, not that I care about such an accessory anyways!... Bring me the bazooka gun for Two-Bad, now that's an accessory I really want.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    They better do some adjustments to their Classicizer Machine because the sword is way off.
    Actually, the classics machine gives us the power sword we already have. They are breaking their own rules in order to sell subs (not that I blame them). But only maybe...the power sword was disguised in the 1st minicomic when He-Man went back in time, and this is what it looked like, so they can get away with it from that angle.

I am very happy to see the Filmation Power Sword coming!!!!!!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I'm guessing that the picture they are showing is a "prototype", and not the final version of the sword we will be getting.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com