Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Filmation Sword is Coming! - More Accessories in MOTU figures in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

One of the things Scott let slip towards the end, which is supposed to be officially announced soon, that they are pushing more accessories into the 2014 figures.
    Not sure if it will be MORE per say. Sounds like they could be taking the place of uniquely created accessories for certain characters. This is what Cornboy said on Facebook back in February.

When certain characters don't have character specific weapons or accessories that we can include, we're now going to include various weapons and artifacts from the cartoon, mini-comics, and even the movie.
    Remember when they were asking for suggestions on Filmation, Mini-Comcis, and movie artifacts?

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...-Want-In-MOTUC
    Last edited by Tallstar; August 13, 2013 at 03:46am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Weaver 78 View Post
    Agreed. Why bother making a Filmation Power sword if you're just going to 'classicize' it until it doesn't look like a Filmation Power Sword anymore?
    Filmation fans, say hello to 200X/MYP fans. We see that you have gone through The Classicizer™ too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Actually, the classics machine gives us the power sword we already have. They are breaking their own rules in order to sell subs (not that I blame them).
    Shoooot...let's see a 200X head pack then. Betcha the line isn't THAT much in danger...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The issue with the sword is that THAT is a Vintage Toy Power Sword's blade but with the Filmation-esque handguard. Maybe if the blade was widened near the hilt, it would look like the Vintage Sword Filmationized. Again, I believe the reason why the proportions of the blade are like the vintage sword has more to do with keeping the Jawbridge opening functionality more than anything else.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The sword doesn't look all that nice, yet. Keyword there being yet. I definitely think this is a rough prototype and by the time it comes around again the FILMation sword will be much better.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It looks like they took an existing power sword and quickly modified it. It has the appearance of a rushed custom, not a true prototype. As such, I think it's likely still early enough for changes to be made, which definitely are needed. The four "balls" on the handle end need to form a rectangle, not a trapezoid, and the sword needs to be straight for most of its length past the raised portion.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I hope it's a very rough "look what we can make!" picture. It looks like they just cut the sides off the regular sword and quickly made "Filmation sides" out of clay.

I am VERY excited to hear we will be getting fan-demanded accessories though. Hope the final version looks like Adora's sword.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Actually, the classics machine gives us the power sword we already have. They are breaking their own rules in order to sell subs (not that I blame them). But only maybe...the power sword was disguised in the 1st minicomic when He-Man went back in time, and this is what it looked like, so they can get away with it from that angle.
    No, the Classics machine gave us an update to the Vintage toy Power Sword, which minus the hand guard is almost identical to it. The Filmation Power Sword is longer and skinnier (or at least skinnier), and the hilt angles in a little towards the top of it, and the sides are much closer than the Vintage toy version. We got a Classisized 200X PS, and other than rotating, it looks pretty close to the 200X version....the Filmation sword should get no less.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    No, the Classics machine gave us an update to the Vintage toy Power Sword, which minus the hand guard is almost identical to it. The Filmation Power Sword is longer and skinnier (or at least skinnier), and the hilt angles in a little towards the top of it, and the sides are much closer than the Vintage toy version. We got a Classisized 200X PS, and other than rotating, it looks pretty close to the 200X version....the Filmation sword should get no less.
    The classics machine applies to anything that wasn't from vintage toys or box artwork. 200x or filmation looks that differed from vintage designs 'go through the classics machine' and out comes the vintage version. ie: 200x looks that are biologically different. Dumbed-down filmation designs. etc. The 200x sword was written in as the techno sword, not the actual power sword. I guarantee this one is written in as the disguised minicomic sword to justify its existence.

It might not be straight up Filmation, but the broad blade makes it look very close to the powersword from the 1981 licensing kit:

Anyhow, I don't care for this one, I'd rather have the mini-comic sword.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    More accessories ? WHAT A GREAT IDEA ! AS LONG as they're good quality, of course...

Hmmm... the Filmation sword is not so close to the cartoon's look, but let' hope there's still time to change it a bit (yeah, yeah, I know : all sculpts are SUPPOSED to be "final", but it would require just small changes on an accessory).

I wonder whether this specific sword will come with the Unnamed One, or with another character...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I wish everyone would stop talking about this non-existing machine that was imagined to explain Mattel being cheap (as few new parts as possible).

We have a Vintage He-Man Power Sword, a 200X Power Sword, NA He-Man's Power Sword, Keldor's 200X Power Sword, She-Ra's Vintage Sword (Bubble Power variation), She-Ra's Filmation Power Sword...and now we will have He-Man's Filmation Power Sword.

I'm pro-accessories and figures, anti "classics machine" which keeps robbing us of awesome accessories, detail or new parts (ex. Trap-Jaw boots are all the rage in Eternian fashion now ).

Hopefully we can get Skeletor's Filmation bone sword and Toy She-Ra's sword (hopefully with a Toy version of She-Ra ). That would be cool. We're getting Skeletor's Axe with Plundor.

Last edited by Darkspecter; August 13, 2013 at 02:48pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The classics machine applies to anything that wasn't from vintage toys or box artwork. 200x or filmation looks that differed from vintage designs 'go through the classics machine' and out comes the vintage version. ie: 200x looks that are biologically different. Dumbed-down filmation designs. etc. The 200x sword was written in as the techno sword, not the actual power sword. I guarantee this one is written in as the disguised minicomic sword to justify its existence.
    If that's what you want to believe, fine by me, my opinion greatly differs. But I beg to differ with your logic.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Filmation fans, say hello to 200X/MYP fans. We see that you have gone through The Classicizer™ too.

- - - Updated - - -

Shoooot...let's see a 200X head pack then. Betcha the line isn't THAT much in danger...
    Tell me about it, lol. 200X is my He-Man. I'm still waiting for some 200X variants. I'm resigned myself to the fact that I will likely never see 200X variants of He-Man, Teela, Roboto, Grizzlor, Skeletor, or anyone else. I feel lucky to have gotten the 200X style stuff we have, I wouldn't display Whiplash any other way for example.

That said, I think the Filmation sword looks good, but it could look better. It doesn't seem like it's been Classisized so much as rushed.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    zzZZzzZZ

wish the sword looked good instead

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I wish everyone would stop talking about this non-existing machine that was imagined to explain Mattel being cheap (as few new parts as possible).

We have a Vintage He-Man Power Sword, a 200X Power Sword, NA He-Man's Power Sword, Keldor's 200X Power Sword, She-Ra's Vintage Sword (Bubble Power variation), She-Ra's Filmation Power Sword...and now we will have He-Man's Filmation Power Sword.

I'm pro-accessories and figures, anti "classics machine" which keeps robbing us of awesome accessories, detail or new parts (ex. Trap-Jaw boots are all the rage in Eternian fashion now ).

Hopefully we can get Skeletor's Filmation bone sword and Toy She-Ra's sword (hopefully with a Toy version of She-Ra ). That would be cool. We're getting Skeletor's Axe with Plundor.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...tled-1copy.jpg

http://darah.com/she-ra/images/toygu...hera/sword.gif
    I don't really see the machine myself, even though I use the term loosely. Classics has a look that isn't 200X which seems to be a sticking point to some people. I do agree that certain things need to be translated and made, like Mosquitor would have been unpassable to me if he had his tanks, I like the insect legs, but the tanks would have looked awesome. I don't begrudge people something just because I don't like it, or make excuses as to why it shouldn't exist, other than 200X styling, it had it's run, it's over....the characters and accessories however, no matter my feelings about them....are welcome, just like NA, no matter how much I can't stand that era. There are fans, so be it, let them have their figures.

And I thought the Bone Sword was coming with someone....

And you're right, no matter what Scott calls the 200X Power Sword, to 200X fans, it's just that, the Power Sword. Scott didn't even know that the staff that came with Icer was called the Staff of Avion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I think the Filmation sword looks good, but it could look better. It doesn't seem like it's been Classisized so much as rushed.
    This is what I'm thinking too, it is just a rushed custom prototype....just to say, hey, this is what's coming. I think the final will look more like a larger She-Ra's sword, which is what it should look like.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mdhollywood247 View Post
    It's the great wars one its the one that also has the gold Mer Man 200x deco stuff in it.
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I'm all for more accessories but I hope the majority are NOT Filmation inspired. Hoping to see some vintage mini-comic inspired swords, spears, and shields to stock Grayskull.
    Yeah, I hope they balance the additional accessories between the various eras. I'm not really excited for filmation accessories, but would love a classic mini-comic power sword for He-Man & Skeletor, or a classic head for DB Skeletor's Dragon, or anything old school actually.

To me the Filmation sword is one of the worst versions of the Power sword. It looks a bit better in the MOTUC style, but I still don't care for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The file name of the picture is: HeMan_Filmation_Sword_newsPage.jpg

This IS very exciting news, though! I hope we also get Netossa's face mask. My God, I want her mask.
    In that case what a disappointment. That's one lame attempt at a Filmation sword. I think I actually would be more interested if it was a hint about He-Ro/Dare instead.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    In that case what a disappointment. That's one lame attempt at a Filmation sword. I think I actually would be more interested if it was a hint about He-Ro/Dare instead.
    I'm still hoping they have time to correct it. If it looked like the one in the Icon Heroes bust, I'd love it.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Please............. Do not even call this as Filmation Power Sword !

It looks way.............. way............... WAY off !!

Since Its not tooled yet, I hope its not the final version !

Maybe Scott has to look into this real quick.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Please............. Do not even call this as Filmation Power Sword !

It looks way.............. way............... WAY off !!

Since Its not tooled yet, I hope its not the final version !

Maybe Scott has to look into this real quick.
    I hope it's some in house attempt just to say it's coming, because I know the 4H know what the sword is supposed to look like.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I have a bag plenty of Power Swords!

Tired of this. I prefer Stonedar leg´s bands ¬_¬
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I honestly think they took the regular sword, chopped off the sides, and slapped on some clay to make an approximation of the sword so they would have something to show. There's no reason to believe that this is anything but a first, rough attempt.

In general, though, I think this is something good, and I'm glad to see them touting it on some of the other toy sites. Things like the Staff of Avion from the toon have been very well received, and its a good way to promote subbing. "Look at what else we're going to give you this year! Sub, folks, sub!!!"
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Even if it´s not cartoon accurate and his own chunky interpretation , it´s still looking more balanced then the current classics Powersword.
    I love such stuff! More of it! Please!

Now we also need this