Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Bad will have no day of sale!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    What tastes better? POP or NA cardbacks?
    Luckily with all those Great Rebellion stickers we got last year I can turn any cardback into a POP one!
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    So you are going to take a moral stance of juuust collecting the rest of this line because you are so turned off by their methods. How...noble?

And wagging your finger at other people for trying to make back some of the money they stand to lose on figures they are uninterested in is a nice touch.
    Wait...i thought pepole that bought the sub were the biggest fans...or "true" fans of MOTU. They buy it to support the line and are "all in"!

I cannot imagine anyone selling or getting rid of a figure from their sub...i certainly cant imagine anyone selling their sub figures to make money...

I mean...if they have to make up the cost...shouldn't they better spend their money in other ways????

Thats not what the subs for!

Crazy talk...crazy...crazy
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Please see my suggestion in the post that you quoted. And the smart move wasn't in regards to the announcement, or to the tactic, it was in regards to Mattel's insistence on doing this with A-list characters, which means the loss of extra sales for those who want multiples, i.e. less money for them. And btw, a smart business move doesn't always make for a smart move in regards to the big picture. I can say for certain that you and I differ in opinion as to what constitutes a smart move.
    If they went back and called TB a "no DoS" figure after the sub number wasn't met, there would be a far bigger backlash than what there currently is.

And, for the dozenth time (it seems), they only lose money if they lose 16 Day of Sale units for every sub sold. I know it isn't scientific, but those 25 new subs sold since the news are worth more than four hundred DoS units. And those are locked-in sales. 400 locked-in sales are worth more than 400 maybe's. There is no disagreeing with that.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Guys, this is getting a bit crazy, don't you think?

Let's take the discussion back to the news here, and away from each other's opinions/finances/personal choices.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I feel for those that can't afford to sub and desperately want to acquire a Two-Bad. Even as a subber, I don't agree with Mattel's sales tactics. As a father of a three year old and a soon to be newborn in about 3 weeks, I am a perfect customer for Mattel. But with the sales tactics that this line has experienced...(dates back to still selling defective Goddess figures until the stock was depleted), I have done my best not to purchase anything made by Mattel at retail. This will be the last line I collect from Mattel.

And another thing with this thread, I am really saddened by all the greed on here about wanting to get more subs and sell Two-Bad for about $100. It really is sad on how greedy society has become.

If I could afford an extra sub, I would sell my Two-Bad for cost. After all I did do that for two people when Battle Cat was first released and was hard to get. I believe helping other people out is more rewarding than putting an extra $60 in my pocket.
    I am with you!

How noble?.... come on s... ..
    action features for action figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    Don't worry, I've lost a lot of weight in the process!

My kids, on the other hand, are sick of eating MOTUC cardbacks.
    LOL!!! I cant stop laughing at this!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

How about those people who cannot afford to sub, yet they are as dedicated fans and collectors as any hardcore MOTU fan out there? How about the ones who only can afford a single sub but still need some second copies of selected characters to display or to keep?
    Also, selling figures on the secondary market isn't for everyone (it could be time consuming and sometimes costly), and still has a risk factor...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Wait...i thought pepole that bought the sub were the biggest fans...or "true" fans of MOTU. They buy it to support the line and are "all in"!

I cannot imagine anyone selling or getting rid of a figure from their sub...i certainly cant imagine anyone selling their sub figures to make money...

I mean...if they have to make up the cost...shouldn't they better spend their money in other ways????

Thats not what the subs for!

Crazy talk...crazy...crazy
    I stopped reading after "True Fans". That is an ignorant term and has no place in a rational discussion. Just because someone is in a better financial position than someone else, that certainly does not make them in any way "more of a fan" than the latter.

Heroic Warrior
    I drink, coffee and wine - and my bf smokes. AND I get my figures every month via the subscription. It's still alot of money. October is going to be a rude awakening. But I will manage. Are you suggesting we all become Puritans so we can tell ourselves its really not alot of money?
    No, I'm suggesting people but the line into perspective. While there are some months that are heavy, typically it runs, what, $40 a month? If someone smokes daily especially, the cost argument becomes a tad bit less worth sympathy.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    We could have had new fans, but they came on this site hoping to read and post about this awesome line then they saw your posts bad mouthing everything and quit. So thanks for that. Now many people won't be able to get Two-Bad.
    hahaha...ain't that the truth!

- - - Updated - - -

I stopped reading after "True Fans". That is an ignorant term and has no place in a rational discussion. Just because someone is in a better financial position than someone else, that certainly does not make them in any way "more of a fan" than the latter.
    You should have kept reading... he was mocking it

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    No, I'm suggesting people but the line into perspective. While there are some months that are heavy, typically it runs, what, $40 a month? If someone smokes daily especially, the cost argument becomes a tad bit less worth sympathy.
    Hey I am not complaining, I have subbed since the beginning and I pay up every month and get my figures. I think the original point though was $700 is alot of money - which it is.

Got me a live one!

BWAHAHAHA...

@ canada
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    WOW... God Complex much?

Fans are fans no matter what is going on in their lives, they do what they can to be a fan and you gonna dump on this individual.... J/O move accomplished!
    Not dumping on him in the least, and I do not appreciate the insults throughout that post. The reality of the situation is - and I have been there myself, for much longer than I care to admit - is that priorities get way out of whack sometimes for people; not him specifically, people in general. If you're just scraping by, if you don't know how you're going to eat the couple of days before next pay day, or don't know if you're going to have enough to make rent, you have to prioritize. A relatively expensive hobby greatly deflates the notion of "just getting by." It's sort of like the joke about the guy eating ramen noodles every meal, using newspaper-stuffed cardboard boxes as chairs, having his electricity cut off two days before payday every single month, but has the most tricked-out audio/video system in the city.

Of course he's a fan. We all are. Well, except some of the scalpers that are just in it for the money (SOME, not all). Being a fan doesn't mean you're forced to buy anything. If one can find a way to still collect without those purchases being a detriment to their pocketbook, more power to them. If buying, whether it's one figure or five subs, *is* a detriment to making ends meet, then, yes, sorry, it's time to prioritize.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Guys, this is getting a bit crazy, don't you think?

Let's take the discussion back to the news here, and away from each other's opinions/finances/personal choices.

Hey all - just to reiterate Dorrmann's post - let's all dial it back a bit here. For sure, let's not get all judgmental about our fellow fans. We all have different priorities, finances, and opinions. We can talk about the topic at hand without casting judgments.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    It's not surprising since all of the "no day of" figures have strictly been a marketing ploy: Fang Man and Sea Hawk to sell the Filmation sub, and Clamp Champ and now Two Bad to sell Club Eternia 2014.

I really wish the "no day of" strategy was more geared towards giving more value to the less popular characters so people who sub to support the line wouldn't feel like they are "stuck" with them. However, I understand using a character like Two Bad to get the subs to 100%.
    Absolutely...everyone will buy a Two Bad...not everyone will buy Hydron or Plundor, but no DOS would keep their value at least to help sub holders recover. It is a shame on the side of people that want to buy Two Bad will be paying over $80 easy for him.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Are you suggesting we all become Puritans so we can tell ourselves its really not alot of money?

Best thing I've read all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    That's too bad...
    ^ Too bad, but this is funny.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    If you are collecting MOTUC, and can't afford to sub, then I wonder how you can afford to "collect" MOTUC. If you can't afford to sub, then you've been paying at least $30-35 shipped per figure since the beginning of the line. Even cherry picking that's a lot of money to spend at one time if can't afford $500 a year on toys. I'm sorry, but you either like to buy the occasional figure, or you actually collect. If you collect then you should be able to afford this line, or you need to learn to budget better. By that I mean readdress your collecting priorities, maybe stop collecting another toy line, or if MOTUC isn't that important to you stop collecting it and move on. While Mattel isn't without it's problems, I have generally always been a positive supporter of Mattel and their decisions regarding MOTUC. They are trying to do their best, why would they want to do anything but sell product? I always see people stating things like they are facts and assuming they know what would make things work and why things don't work. Well for crying out loud go save our toy line already!

I think Mattel should make early access exclusive reissues. I'm a sub holder, and I love things like Two Bad and EA that reward me for subbing. What would be even cooler is to see something like Beast Man reissued only for EA. Imagine if Mattel did that, and be thankful you'll still be able to buy Two Bad from places like BBTS and fellow He-Man.org members.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    How about those people who cannot afford to sub, yet they are as dedicated fans and collectors as any hardcore MOTU fan out there?
    Then they can't afford the sub. It's that plain and simple. Every single one of us, unless Bill Gates is posting here and I'm unaware of it, have things we want, that we are fans of, that we can't afford. It's the way of life. It sucks, but that's how it is.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

So! We get to see a club Eternia exclusive from SDCC after all huh? Cheap move guys, but I've come to expect that.
    ----------------------------------------
    I HAVE... ...THE FLOUR!!!
    ~WUN-DAR

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    I haven't been able to buy Starbucks, alcohol, soda, or food for the last year because I bought seven subs to save the line
    I appreciate your sacrifice for this fantastic line. Thank You.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    How about those people who cannot afford to sub, yet they are as dedicated fans and collectors as any hardcore MOTU fan out there? How about the ones who only can afford a single sub but still need some second copies of selected characters to display or to keep?
    Also, selling figures on the secondary market isn't for everyone (it could be time consuming and sometimes costly), and still has a risk factor...
    This is a higher end collector line, it's part of the game. When I was a student (not long ago) I still routed for characters to be made even though I couldn't afford them at the time. I knew that at least if they existed I had a chance to get them later.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    You should have kept reading...your post looks ridiculous....he was mocking it
    Well, when that poster has something worth reading that contributes to the conversation (beyond droning on about overpriced coffee), I'll read it.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The increase in revenue for Two Bad (like BBTS going in on a 2nd order and raising his price to $99 just like they did when they put Shadow Weaver from $40 to $65 in 2012) should offset the other figures that won't move.
    Just to correct you, Shadow Weaver started at $59.99 (I was the first to post about her going up ) and then she went to $74.99 on the later round.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Smart move. Makes sense. If I have to pay a bit more for him then that is fine. It is all supply and demand so well done Scott.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**