Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Bad will have no day of sale!

...how long before the BBTS preorder price goes up?
    They'd be very smart to.

I can hear Scott saying it in his head... "Checkmate"

Do, die, or eBay that is.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Hmmm... well I do see the logic behind it, especially in announcing it now to help sell more subs. And if it ends up being the difference between the line going forward or not, then it's a good thing.

That being said, I am a little disappointed. I was hoping to get an extra for potentially making custom Tuvar and Badra figures, as I get the feeling we won't see them before the line ends. But I'm not buying a second sub or paying what will most likely be outrageous secondary market pricing for them.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    ...how long before the BBTS preorder price goes up?
    They'd be very smart to.

I can hear Scott saying it in his head... "Checkmate"
    Only way they can do that is to order more subs. Checkmate, indeed.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Whatever it takes to get us to 100%, that's really all I care about. I think Mattel should go to subscription only for 2015 to try to push it through, especially if there is a price increase. At this point in the line the sub needs all the incentives they can throw at it to keep it going.

Heroic Warrior
    Good move on Matty's part.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    NO FAIR!

I put all my disposable income into getting these figures. My income is Week to week. I can barely plan a month in advance. I can't afford a Sub! I count on DOS so I can get these guys!

I'm very disappointed. **** on you Toy Guru.
    As much as I feel for you (and I do), your frustration probably equates to many, many additional sub sales.

I seriously hope this line fails now.
    Ok, I feel a little less now.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

...something tells me Scorpia is next.

Heroic Warrior
    NO FAIR!

I put all my disposable income into getting these figures. My income is Week to week. I can barely plan a month in advance. I can't afford a Sub! I count on DOS so I can get these guys!

I'm very disappointed. **** on you Toy Guru.

I seriously hope this line fails now.
    If you're living week to week, you probably have much more important things to worry about than collecting a toy line.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Wow **** just got real
    A PONY!!!

"I am a new breed of doll. Psycho baby doll gone wrong, tool belt with a lollipop, curling iron, kalashnikov..."

....not a scare tactic though. Mattel does NOT use scare tactics. They're really just making less of him.

I'm subbing anyway for the first time this year, since DC is gonna be shot....but seriously.....these sorts of things are ridiculous.

it totally makes sense.... stink cause id like to get a extra...but whattayagunnado..
    i bet two bad AND clam champ will show up on EA at some point in 2014
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    Smart move, I support it 100%.

Also, anyone who is thinking of getting Two Bad from BBTS, I hate to tell you but he's not $59.99 anymore. They raised the PO price to $79.99.

Heroic Warrior
    This is one of those things that I really have to ask about... how can they know this right now? If the sub sales aren't done, how can they say logistically they won't be produced for day of sale? If this was already in some form of production and the minimum was 10,000 units + 5% for customer service stock and they sell 12,000 subs, they would have to make more for that, right? And if they have to make more for that, then why not have day of sale?

Heroic Warrior
    It would make sense they wouldn't want to overproduce for a few reasons, not the least being he requires a lot of new tooling that couldn't easily be reused. Not to mention as he's slightly bigger, he'd require more plastic to make and this be more expensive. Hopefully the Troopers and Modulok have DOS.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Smart move, I support it 100%.

Also, anyone who is thinking of getting Two Bad from BBTS, I hate to tell you but he's not $59.99 anymore. They raised the PO price to $79.99.
    And I'm willing to bet they'll probably place another load of orders due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    it totally makes sense.... stink cause id like to get a extra...but whattayagunnado..

Clamp Champ and Fang Man they'll probably sell off CS stock in 2014, I don't think we'll see CS stock of Two Bad until '15
    A PONY!!!

"I am a new breed of doll. Psycho baby doll gone wrong, tool belt with a lollipop, curling iron, kalashnikov..."

It's not surprising since all of the "no day of" figures have strictly been a marketing ploy: Fang Man and Sea Hawk to sell the Filmation sub, and Clamp Champ and now Two Bad to sell Club Eternia 2014.

I really wish the "no day of" strategy was more geared towards giving more value to the less popular characters so people who sub to support the line wouldn't feel like they are "stuck" with them. However, I understand using a character like Two Bad to get the subs to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    They probably will along with Fang Man, but stock is going to be very limited and only current subscribers will be able to get them through early access, so there still won't be any day of sale stock for those figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    And I'm willing to bet they'll probably place another load of orders due to this.
    Most likely, which is good news. The sub needs all the help it can get. Another round on BBTS wouldn't be a huge deal but it could what brings the sub home.

In an effort to bolster the DC sub no Batzarro day of sale!

*crickets*

CONFIRMED: Since they have already made the figures there will actually only be enough Two-Bads for the people that have already ordered a sub. If you order now it is too late.

Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

I might get a second sub now. I already have one. Can I combine a second for shipping?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Very heavy handed; at this point, there is NO other reason to limit the availability than to pressure folks into the sub (the whole reason for ending the subs when they do is to start production based on the number of subs). That approach has tended to turn off fence sitters as much, if not more, than it has attracted subbers. Their focus had been a positive one thus far, but I see this ticking off some folks who might have subbed.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Why would it turn off folks who might sub? "Matty is trying to save MOTUC, it makes me so mad. I was going to sub, but now that they are making Two Bad a sub exclusive, which rewards me for subbing, I'm not going to sub!". I've never understood that argument, sorry.